What's going on with Jonathan Martin | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's going on with Jonathan Martin

The fact that during a 4 game losing skid players think hazing and pranks are ok speaks volumes of the leadership of the organization! From the owner to the team captains. I can't even ever recall reading any team having that type of outlandish behavior during the season and most certainly not a losing team!
For all we know it was nothing more than an attempt to liven the atmosphere and morale that happened to the wrong person at the wrong time. Ive seen guys crack under pressure with little to no warning down range. Remember that football teams are brotherhoods, fraternities even. Men playing a boys game. Nobody knows really, its all speculation at this point.

Reports make it sound like he behaved as a pissy child throwing a tantrum. There is a line between immature behavior and a mental breakdown. It doesn't surprise me that he's attempting to spin his reaction into a deeper medical issue so as not to be ostracized from the league for being a quitter.

Well if he checked himself into a facility I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. No feel free to crush the prankster or the HC that allows this behavior!

I have an earned Ph.D. in a hard science and have lived through the behavior changes that occur in a low-blood sugar episode. Before you call me ignorant do you mind telling me if you have ever lived through a low blood sugar episode and what is your highest degree of education?

You can't compare the 2. I've seen diabetic patients in a completely different mindset from low blood sugar but to compare it to a mental disorder is not even in the same stratosphere. BtW I'm a paramedic.

For all we know it was nothing more than an attempt to liven the atmosphere and morale that happened to the wrong person at the wrong time. Ive seen guys crack under pressure with little to no warning down range. Remember that football teams are brotherhoods, fraternities even. Men playing a boys game. Nobody knows really, its all speculation at this point.

I have a real good idea about football teams, brotherhood, etc! Make all the excuses you want but you look at the leagues elite team and this behavior doesn't happen. You have your opinion and I will have mine.

I really hope we manage to keep McKinnie, Incognito and Pouncey next year. McKinnie did good against the Pats, Incognito is good, Pouncey is Pouncey. Surely we need a new right side.

Pouncey may go to jail and Martin to the looney bin. Holy crap we are going to have to spend out entire draft on olineman.

I really hope we manage to keep McKinnie, Incognito and Pouncey next year. McKinnie did good against the Pats, Incognito is good, Pouncey is Pouncey. Surely we need a new right side.

Pouncey has his own problems right now. His future isn't so bright.

You can't compare the 2. I've seen diabetic patients in a completely different mindset from low blood sugar but to compare it to a mental disorder is not even in the same stratosphere. BtW I'm a paramedic.

And your opinion I respect due to your education and experience. My point remains. Mental breakdowns are not caused by poor character as the original poster implied. They are caused by intense stress and/or mental disease which is sometimes caused by chemical imbalances. Those of us who live with a chemical imbalance based disease understand what chemical imbalance can do on an intensely personal level. Until you have lived in the mental state caused by a low sugar episode you can recognize it but can't really know the experience.

I have an earned Ph.D. in a hard science and have lived through the behavior changes that occur in a low-blood sugar episode. Before you call me ignorant do you mind telling me if you have ever lived through a low blood sugar episode and what is your highest degree of education?
I've held Soldiers in my arms, my Soldiers, while in tears as a result of PTSD. Ive lived things no level of education will teach you. I am a coach, a counselor, a mentor, a therapist, and a leader of men. I'm not drawing conclusions on your level of qualification out of thin air. My wife is diabetic. You are not Qualified.

I heard some media guy posted on twitter that Tannehill brought 5 Chiefs jerseys in the cafeteria suggesting the OL dress as real OL men for Halloween. Not sure how true that is. I don't see Tanny
having the balls to do this but who knows.

I heard some media guy posted on twitter that Tannehill brought 5 Chiefs jerseys in the cafeteria suggesting the OL dress as real OL men for Halloween. Not sure how true that is. I don't see Tanny
having the balls to do this but who knows.

Oh god here we go with more rumors......

I've held Soldiers in my arms, my Soldiers, while in tears as a result of PTSD. Ive lived things no level of education will teach you. I am a coach, a counselor, a mentor, a therapist, and a leader of men. I'm not drawing conclusions on your level of qualification out of thin air. My wife is diabetic. You are not Qualified.

4th, as a member of a family with several veterans and an active duty son-in-law I respect your service more than you will know and thank you for it. War is without any doubt the most horrible endeavor that man has ever invented. Those who have lived through it to secure our freedom are deserving of incredible honor. So thank you so much.

As to the subject at hand, you and I shall simply have to agree to disagree. We can do so and both still be ardent fans of our favorite team.

I think this discussion has gone about as far as it can without further facts upon which to guide the discussion so I shall withhold any additional comment until there are further facts on the table.

having the balls to do this but who knows

Considering that he chewed out Rishard Matthews I'd say he's got some balls.

Back
Top Bottom