When will David Garrard be cut? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When will David Garrard be cut?

When will Garrard be released?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Garrard gets cut an hour before kickoff in Houston for Week 1. Essentially they leave Garrard in Houston and he'll have to find is own way back home.

He was the starting qb until the day before the first preseason game. He led the qb competition comfortably according to virtually every reporter. He didn't rupture an acl or tear an Achille's tendon- he had a routine maintenence roto-rooter job on his knee. The timing may have screwed him out of the starting job until/unless Tannehill or Moore struggles, but he's not going anywhere.

Need him for what? so we can finish with a couple more wins and a crappier draft spot next year? no thanks.

I want to win just as much as the next fan, but if Tanne and/or Moore get hurt we still won't win anything meaningful with DG as our QB.

So if Tannehill or Moore were to get injured in the preseason, you would be ok with Delvin being the #2 QB? As much as I dont like Garrard, that would be idiotic to choose Delvin over Garrard for so many reasons.

So if Tannehill or Moore were to get injured in the preseason, you would be ok with Delvin being the #2 QB? As much as I dont like Garrard, that would be idiotic to choose Delvin over Garrard for so many reasons.

i would like to see a couple of those "many" reasons you speak of... Is one reason because our elite WR core would be upset that they wont have a washed-up, oft-injured QB throwing them the ball?

What would be idiotic is paying a washed-up qb who is not going to win you anything of significance 2.5 million dollars just because you think Tannehill AND Moore will get hurt IN THE PRESEASON!!!. That sounds rather dumb to me.

Not only will not be cut, he will be our starting QB. My name is Omar.

1264091579_kirk_roflgif-1.jpg

I figure in two weeks. Gives us a chance to see make sure RT and MM have some semblance of control over this offense and would still allow Garrard a chance to hook up with another team as a backup. Classy teams give vets that chance to find another team when possible. Maybe he makes final cuts, but I just don't see us laying out 2.5mm on a guy that clearly can't stay healthy for 16 games and frankly isn't going to make us relevant anyway.

Ireland looked depressed when he heard about Garard being out for 4 week tops. I think the staff is high on him and he will make the final cuts.

Guys forgive me if this has been discussed -- but did anyone see his freaking Louis Vuitton bag when he went in to get his knee checked out on Hard Knocks? He was clutching it like he had his tampons and heels inside.

Gerrard is slightly better than Moore but I'm not sure he's worth the 2.5 he would cost. I agree with PJack, it should happen ASAP.

If Moore has any trade value, Garrard stays. The coaching staff is clearly higher on Garrard and I don't think they are thrilled with Moore's crappy practice performance. So IMO they will hang on to both until as long as possible with the idea to trade Moore and have Garrard be the backup.

Now the caveat to this would be if Garrard's injury lingers. If he looks like he won't get back to full health, then he gets cut the moment they are sure about that. We won't know that until 3-4 weeks from now, so that's why I'm saying he makes the 53.

I might end up being wrong, but I think he makes the final roster. The coaching staff seems higher on him than they do with Matt Moore. If he is "healthy" by the end of preseason, he likely will be on the roster.

We agree.

I just don't see Tannehill ever being the #2 QB on this team. He's either #3 behind Garrard and Moore, or he's #1 over Moore.

These guys have about as much faith in Moore as the Jets do Sanchez. And I can't see Pat Devlin being our third QB option...ever.

Garrard played well enough (in the eyes of the coaches) o be the starter against Carolina before getting hurt. To me, that's enough for the coaches to hang on to him UNLESS the recovery is said to take a lot longer than initially expected. Right now I believe it's four weeks. If the recovery process comes out that he's going to need half the season or longer...different story.

I picked the 31st, but I think it's also very likely we keep him and trade Moore.

I think Tannehill will continue to impress enough that he will be named the starter, with Moore as his backup. Therefore, Mr. Garrard's services will be deemed unncecessary, especially in light of the fact that watching his kids at the pool put him out for a minimum of four weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom