Which Dolphin FA loss will hurt the most? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Dolphin FA loss will hurt the most?

I think Dimitri Patterson will be our biggest loss. I understand the argument that he was hurt last year, but if he is healthy this year then the Jets get a starting corner and a hell of a play maker. I'm hoping he doesn't see the field this year, especially against us.

If Patterson is healthy all year in 2014 then that isn't Miami's fault. He's never been 100% healthy all year. If the Jets luck out and he's not ever on the injury list, good for them.

As much as I thought Chris Clemons was unspectacular, I thought he was above average for us last year and had his best year. He was definitely the better of our two safeties. I think we'll miss his conservative approach as Reshad Jones is frequently gambling and Delmas might not be the type of player to balance Jones' style. Hope I'm wrong!

dunno if hayden was serious or not, but despite being a black eye for team, talent wise man ill miss cogs. but if I cant go for a player that somewhat hurt team ill go with. ummm, hmmm Nolan.

Not sure how anyone can bemoan the loss of Patterson. He played good in a limited amount of games but overall throughout his career he has been the very definition of a journeyman player.
He has now been cut from like 5 teams in the league including us. His cap number was not so bad we could not have kept him. They decided to move on since he is never healthy.

Soliai is clearly our biggest loss.

As far as FA regrets, losing Soliai and failing to sing a RT in FA are my top 2.

Soliai is a great player....in a 3-4 NT role. But as a 1 gap DT in a 4-3, he's been very average. He will be missed but I don't think his absence will be as noticeable as some here think. He only played in 45% of the snaps last year, and while that's a significant amount, I feel that loss can be negated by giving Starks and Odrick a few more snaps - who I feel are better in Coyle's defense anyway.

I think out biggest loss will be at CB, where we let a few vets get away in Patterson and Carroll, who signed cheap contracts with other teams. I think we can count on one of our current CB locks to be injured at some point - Grimes, Finnegan, Taylor have all had serious injuries in the last 2 years. When that injury happens, we are looking at Will Davis or Jimmy Wilson playing the nickle CB.

It's a mistake to dismiss the importance of a run-stuffing NT/DT in a 4-3. Looking at the best 4-3 D in the league, Seattle has a few wide-bodied guys they can play at NT in the Under. After them, you have D's like the Bengals (Peko), St. Louis (Brockers), Carolina (struggled until they drafted Lotulelei), and Buffalo (Dareus).

I'm including St. Louis because their defensive woes can be attributed to the secondary.

I'm not sure any will be greatly missed...Soliai is the number 1 candidate.

Patterson?...Its like I told a Jets friend of mine.....if he stays healthy for once, you got a very good player. But, I wouldn't bet on that happening.

miamis begging to be doubled at dt now...begging for it

only way that won't be exposed is if the lb play takes a serious step up with misi moving to the middle...

I'm not sure any will be greatly missed...Soliai is the number 1 candidate.

Patterson?...Its like I told a Jets friend of mine.....if he stays healthy for once, you got a very good player. But, I wouldn't bet on that happening.

Im not sure he is really a good player but the few times he played for us this year he was very good but he has played bad many times elsewhere

It's hard to bemoan the loss of a run-stuffer on the 24th ranked run defense but I will go with Big Paul.
A close second will be Clemons for me, I can see them missing his steady if not spectacular play.

miamis run d rank has more to do with the lb play and the opposition playing us in the nickle to take solia off the field and attack the other dts than it has to do with solias play in it...

and with him gone it will just be exposing the others in the nickle without having a plugger take on and keep the lbs clean guy in there...and more into the second level clean rbs...provided misi isn't a natural at mike

Back
Top Bottom