Which Dolphin FA loss will hurt the most? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Dolphin FA loss will hurt the most?

It's hard to bemoan the loss of a run-stuffer on the 24th ranked run defense but I will go with Big Paul.
A close second will be Clemons for me, I can see them missing his steady if not spectacular play.

Clemons reminded me some of Reynaldo Hill from 5-6 years ago, not a great player but a stabilizing force who had other DB's where they should be. I remember replacing him with Gabril Wilson, and the secondary getting a lot worse. Hopefully, that will not happen this year.

Clemons reminded me some of Reynaldo Hill from 5-6 years ago, not a great player but a stabilizing force who had other DB's where they should be. I remember replacing him with Gabril Wilson, and the secondary getting a lot worse. Hopefully, that will not happen this year.
Delmas is supposed to be a risk-taker, it could go either way

miamis run d rank has more to do with the lb play and the opposition playing us in the nickle to take solia off the field and attack the other dts than it has to do with solias play in it...

and with him gone it will just be exposing the others in the nickle without having a plugger take on and keep the lbs clean guy in there...and more into the second level clean rbs...provided misi isn't a natural at mike

Misi and the LB's are the key to getting better. Our run D was much better in 2012 with Dansby, Misi, and Burnett, and Soliai playing worse than last year as well as Starks.

Delmas is supposed to be a risk-taker, it could go either way

For me it now looks like we can make more big plays but, also give up more. The pass rush could very well compensate for that. I'm guessing that is what Coyle is thinking.

hill was a much better communicator on the back end than clemons ever was...

and with him gone it will just be exposing the others in the nickle without having a plugger take on and keep the lbs clean guy in there...and more into the second level clean rbs...provided misi isn't a natural at mike

Soliai rarely played in the nickle, and even in base defenses, he played the least out of our 3 DTs. With him gone, if that means Starks gets double teamed, I'm completely fine with that....in fact I think thats the whole point, for a DT to draw a double team.

Soliai is a great player in the right scheme and technique. Unfortunately, that scheme was run out of Miami 2 years ago. I think people still think its 2012.

For me it now looks like we can make more big plays but, also give up more. The pass rush could very well compensate for that. I'm guessing that is what Coyle is thinking.
agreed. Pressure forces mistakes. It looks like they want penetration from everyone on the D-line

Soliai rarely played in the nickle, and even in base defenses, he played the least out of our 3 DTs. With him gone, if that means Starks gets double teamed, I'm completely fine with that....in fact I think thats the whole point, for a DT to draw a double team.

Soliai is a great player in the right scheme and technique. Unfortunately, that scheme was run out of Miami 2 years ago. I think people still think its 2012.

no it means they will double odrick who got owned when they did last year or this other smurf we signed as a free agent...in base or nickle...anthony johnson will get blown out right now in double teams also...

teams just won't have to go to nickle as much if they don't want to to get after the dts with solia gone

more base downhill right at you if they want...or of course they can also get us in nickle and have their pick of who to blow out and expose the lbs

hill was a much better communicator on the back end than clemons ever was...

Thanks, did not know that. Do you still think we got worse in that ability with Delmas over Clemons?

delmas is explosive and a playmaker...hard hitter should make more plays on the ball etc but he's overaggressive and will be out of position and as a result expect big plays in the passing game...

it's give and take....you got 2 pretty much strong safeties now physical enforcers head hunters etc and one that i think is a somewhat suspect tackler in delmas just cause he's so aggressive...

if coyle can scheme to tone that overaggressive side out of him somewhat you may limit your exposure but then again you may take away a lot of what the kids games about...attacking the ball...in zone he will blow assignments

no it means they will double odrick who got owned when they did last year or this other smurf we signed as a free agent...in base or nickle...anthony johnson will get blown out right now in double teams also...

teams just won't have to go to nickle as much if they don't want to to get after the dts with solia gone

more base downhill right at you if they want...or of course they can also get us in nickle and have their pick of who to blow out and expose the lbs

Why would teams double Odrick/Mitchell and let Starks go one on one?

Why would teams double Odrick/Mitchell and let Starks go one on one?

they will double starks also but they will find the goings easier with the other options...olinemen will allow starks to go where he wants on the inside running game provided he's coming up field and not gonna impact the play side...starks is very much gap penetration and quickness and while he reads keys well etc they can take advantage of his overaggressiveness and up field nature and blow wide open holes with his counterparts

like i said misi fills timely and attacks and plays mike at a high level we can limit that exposure if not if i'm a oc and i know what miami has i'm running the ball down their throats and working off pa when the safeties creep up which will be the next adjustment

until misi proves he's legit i'm running the ball up miamis ***

delmas is explosive and a playmaker...hard hitter should make more plays on the ball etc but he's overaggressive and will be out of position and as a result expect big plays in the passing game...

it's give and take....you got 2 pretty much strong safeties now physical enforcers head hunters etc and one that i think is a somewhat suspect tackler in delmas just cause he's so aggressive...

if coyle can scheme to tone that overaggressive side out of him somewhat you may limit your exposure but then again you may take away a lot of what the kids games about...attacking the ball...in zone he will blow assignments

Agreed, and hope our safeties are taking more than giving How di you see the difference in run support?.

they will double starks also but they will find the goings easier with the other options...olinemen will allow starks to go where he wants on the inside running game provided he's coming up field and not gonna impact the play side...starks is very much gap penetration and quickness and while he reads keys well etc they can take advantage of his overaggressiveness and up field nature and blow wide open holes with his counterparts

like i said misi fills timely and attacks and plays mike at a high level we can limit that exposure if not if i'm a oc and i know what miami has i'm running the ball down their throats and working off pa when the safeties creep up which will be the next adjustment

until misi proves he's legit i'm running the ball up miamis ***

Yeah, it all comes down to the Misi in the Middle change. IF he can play close to what Dansby did, we're in good shape. If not, we have problems.

if we can't get that subpackage on the field we got a lot of problems...for sure...miami wants to get that subpackage on the field and unleash the pass rush...if teams stay in front of the downs and distances they will dictate to our d

it's that simple pretty much...

Back
Top Bottom