Which Dolphin FA loss will hurt the most? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Dolphin FA loss will hurt the most?

delmas is explosive and a playmaker...hard hitter should make more plays on the ball etc but he's overaggressive and will be out of position and as a result expect big plays in the passing game...

it's give and take....you got 2 pretty much strong safeties now physical enforcers head hunters etc and one that i think is a somewhat suspect tackler in delmas just cause he's so aggressive...

if coyle can scheme to tone that overaggressive side out of him somewhat you may limit your exposure but then again you may take away a lot of what the kids games about...attacking the ball...in zone he will blow assignments

Think I recall Coyle alluding that they are trending towards more press-man than zone and the guys they signed/drafted are suited to the press game.

Think I recall Coyle alluding that they are trending towards more press-man than zone and the guys they signed/drafted are suited to the press game.

i will have to see that to believe it...cause i don't think it's the strength of just about all of the existing corners...grimes is perfect for the zone and off scheme and well i don't think he's worth that contract in a press man scheme finnegan is a stop gap and physical but i still don't see the length you look for there...taylor has the strength to play press but he's best in off coverage from what i saw in college at least...will davis in a press scheme would be a disaster physically

press man is probably best for aikens but i don't think they are depending on him this year...press man is more stiff hipped athletes with great size and strength jam and reroute at the los and physically imposing...not as fluid in the hips and firing forward out of their pedal or opening their hips and transitioning

So drafting a RT in the 1st round is not better than singing (signing) one in FA???

C'Mon Man

Failing to sign a RT put us in a position where we HAD to finding a starting RT in the draft. Once we passed on RT in FA, I understood that we'd have to address the position within the first two rounds, and James is a fine option. Keep in mind, though, that Miami will have to play the talent they passed up at 19. As I said, James is a fine player, but I didn't (as most didn't) have him in my top 32. I'd have rather addressed RT in FA and drafted a player I had rated significantly higher.

Back
Top Bottom