• Dustin Keller

Votes: 34 19.8%
  • Jared Cook

Votes: 79 45.9%
  • JerMichael Finley

Votes: 39 22.7%

• Total voters
Im all for Cook... Wouldnt be to much money and he cant stretch the field

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

I personally don't want Keller

I think I'll trust Philbin's judgment in regards to Finley (and Jennings). Apparently he was right about Matt Flynn.

Cook is a guy who is always a "sleeper" in Fantasy but never produces. Haven't seen enough of him play to make an honest assessment but I do worry about a lack of production in a starting role.

Keller is a good receiver, decent enough blocker... Wouldn't hate that move.

Isn't Fred Davis a Free Agent too? Always liked him.

I think I'll trust Philbin's judgment in regards to Finley (and Jennings). Apparently he was right about Matt Flynn.

Cook is a guy who is always a "sleeper" in Fantasy but never produces. Haven't seen enough of him play to make an honest assessment but I do worry about a lack of production in a starting role.

Keller is a good receiver, decent enough blocker... Wouldn't hate that move.

Isn't Fred Davis a Free Agent too? Always liked him.

well u cant really say he was right about Flynn because he did bring him in for a visit, I mean if he felt like flynn was so bad why have him in for a visit
Reports are we offered him 4 million a season so still Philben liked him just not enough to outbid seattle.

Finley is very young. That, like Cook's age, is appealing. Plus, Finley knows Joe's system. I would be fine with any of those FA TE's I guess.

well u cant really say he was right about Flynn because he did bring him in for a visit, I mean if he felt like flynn was so bad why have him in for a visit
Reports are we offered him 4 million a season so still Philben liked him just not enough to outbid seattle.

Philbin threw him a bone, IMO in consideration for Flynn being a good soldier in GB in order to artifically juice up Seattle's offer. For the same reason, he was candid telling him he'd have to compete with Moore and likely the QB of the future we'd be drafting. Again, IMO, he told Jeff, this is what the guy is worth at max and I'd be more comfy with him coming in to keep the seat warm for Tannehill, than I would be with someone like David Garrard." But you're right, we don't know for sure, although my gut tells me that if Coach Joe had a strong conviction about hitching his HC career wagon with a limited window to Flynn instead of Tannehill, he'd be under center for us presently (and as likely being villified on FH as not at this point).

Just wondering why Martelius Bennet isnt an option.

So If i had to pick of the four it would be Fasano definitly 1 of the more Underutilized TE's in the game.

Hayden, I agree with almost all of what you are saying, but I feel you usually give a good deeper analysis, so I wanted to also point out some of the negatives I'm sure you would have mentioned if you had more time. My thoughts are in BLUE.

Keller

1) Can get down the seam - True, but he isn't very aware and isn't a good catcher of the ball, which are traits that cause a lot of incompletions, INT's and INT non-break-ups
2) Match up issue for the D - In between the 20's because of speed, yes. But, in the red zone his speed is irrelevant, his quickness minimized, his suspect hands magnified and his complete lack of size amplified. Not a red zone matchup problem at all.
3) Good inline blocker - I'm not convinced of this, but most receiving TE's are poor inline blockers so it's not a negative or positive, but if Keller is in the game, it's very likely a pass and the defense knows it
4) Takes away from the Jets - Non-issue for me because their passing game was/is impotent WITH Keller so whomever they replace him with I'd guess has a decent chance of being better. Plus, if he goes, so does his salary on their Salary Cap mismanaged team

I like Jared Cook too and he is just 25. I love the age factor. Keller will be 29 at the start of next year. I do not like that. - Good points and I also prefer Cook to Keller. But for me, Cook fails the test too. He has a good wingspan and size, is a decent blocker, but his loping style negates a bit of his size and quickness. More importantly, he's not a great receiver, so I feel he's sort of a Fasano version 1.2 at best, and I'm looking for a Gronkowski, Graham, Gonzales, or at the very least a Fasano 3.0 ... and Cook is one of those workout warriors with great measurables and lack of production because the skill is lacking IMHO

Philbin threw him a bone, IMO in consideration for Flynn being a good soldier in GB in order to artifically juice up Seattle's offer. For the same reason, he was candid telling him he'd have to compete with Moore and likely the QB of the future we'd be drafting. Again, IMO, he told Jeff, this is what the guy is worth at max and I'd be more comfy with him coming in to keep the seat warm for Tannehill, than I would be with someone like David Garrard." But you're right, we don't know for sure, although my gut tells me that if Coach Joe had a strong conviction about hitching his HC career wagon with a limited window to Flynn instead of Tannehill, he'd be under center for us presently (and as likely being villified on FH as not at this point).

I very much doubt Philben just wasted our time just to bring him in and juice up the offer for Flynn. That we offered 4 milllion tells me a couple of things. One he wasnt sure that he woulld be a franchise qb which is probably a good decision because I was never enamoured with Flynn and the other by this and the offer to Garrard he was also not very sure of Moore's ability to be his starter. Im somewhat wondering if they really want a new backup because they have done everything except cut or trade Moore to show him the door.Who knows how Flynn would have done here. People act like Fynn was such an awful free agent choice for Seattle but in reality nobody knew Wilson would be this good and Flynn didnt play bad Wilson just played great. Wilson had a 110 qb rating in preseason. Just like we did with tanneyhill the coach recognized that the rookie was the better qb. The way the contract is structured it was very low risk and they still dont have a ton of money wrapped up in qb. We still dont really know what kind of full time starter Flynn could be , he got caught behind a great rookie.

I very much doubt Philben just wasted our time just to bring him in and juice up the offer for Flynn. That we offered 4 milllion tells me a couple of things. One he wasnt sure that he woulld be a franchise qb which is probably a good decision because I was never enamoured with Flynn and the other by this and the offer to Garrard he was also not very sure of Moore's ability to be his starter. Im somewhat wondering if they really want a new backup because they have done everything except cut or trade Moore to show him the door.Who knows how Flynn would have done here. People act like Fynn was such an awful free agent choice for Seattle but in reality nobody knew Wilson would be this good and Flynn didnt play bad Wilson just played great. Wilson had a 110 qb rating in preseason. Just like we did with tanneyhill the coach recognized that the rookie was the better qb. The way the contract is structured it was very low risk and they still dont have a ton of money wrapped up in qb. We still dont really know what kind of full time starter Flynn could be , he got caught behind a great rookie.

For both of us, it's all conjecture, but I maintain that if Philbin as a fledgling head coach, and one of 2 coaches who knew Flynn best, felt confident in hitching his career wagon to Flynn, he'd have received a bigger offer and have been here now. Sure Flynn looked great in his 2 auditions for GB, but then again, Matt Moore in 09 actually performed better than one of Flynn's 2 games for a much worse team vs New England. Long way of saying that when your body of evidence is 2 games for an offensive juggernaut in a specific system, it's still a crapshoot unless you';ve got someone like Joe making the call. Personally, I've seen more from Moore, depending on the system to opt for him over the basically unknown Flynn who was selected much closer to Mr Irrelevant than to even anyone in the late 5th round. That Wilson forced him and his salary onto the bench is not necessarily an indictment, but by the same token, neither is it a confidence builder for any team wanting to shoot craps with him, especially when coupled with Joe's lukewarm "endorsement." Hell we've got scrubs on our team who make more than $4million so it wasn't about the money as much as Philbin knowing what he knew.

For both of us, it's all conjecture, but I maintain that if Philbin as a fledgling head coach, and one of 2 coaches who knew Flynn best, felt confident in hitching his career wagon to Flynn, he'd have received a bigger offer and have been here now. Sure Flynn looked great in his 2 auditions for GB, but then again, Matt Moore in 09 actually performed better than one of Flynn's 2 games for a much worse team vs New England. Long way of saying that when your body of evidence is 2 games for an offensive juggernaut in a specific system, it's still a crapshoot unless you';ve got someone like Joe making the call. Personally, I've seen more from Moore, depending on the system to opt for him over the basically unknown Flynn who was selected much closer to Mr Irrelevant than to even anyone in the late 5th round. That Wilson forced him and his salary onto the bench is not necessarily an indictment, but by the same token, neither is it a confidence builder for any team wanting to shoot craps with him, especially when coupled with Joe's lukewarm "endorsement." Hell we've got scrubs on our team who make more than $4million so it wasn't about the money as much as Philbin knowing what he knew.

Still he made an offer which shows he still thinks somewhat highly of him. Personally I wouldnt want either guy for my starter unless .500 is your goal. I dont think there is anything special in either player. Doesnt make them bad players but I dont think either player is a legitimate starter in the nfl that would do more than make u keep drafting a guy. I think its pretty obvious from everything that went down he doesnt feel comfortable handing over the reins to them.

keep fasano, draft eifert and you have two good blocking TE's who can be red zone threat feeding off each other and great inside 10 yd line. Fasano knows this offense already and has filled in at h-back.

Back
Top Bottom