Who are your top 5 most underrated Dolphins ever? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who are your top 5 most underrated Dolphins ever?

In no particular order:

Howard Twilley
Brock Marion
Calvin Jackson
Lifort Hobley
Can't think of any other really big contributors who didn't get a lot of fan adoration.

hmmm wasnt ray finkle headed for the probowl til he missed that kick in the superbowl. but im gonna go with.
we always forget about damon huard who went 4-0 for us while marino was out his last season (sucks how a preseason can cause fielder to beat him out)
was always a big tony paige fan, the man could flat out block
terry kirby was good during his short time with us, specially catching out of the backfield
everyone always remembers richmond webb, but keith simms was a beast at LG
larry izzo. yeah special teamer but noone was better
and also i dont think mcduffie ever got the credit he was due

I have to say.... it blows my mind that anybody has the Blackwoods on this list.
Underrated? OMG..... The word Overrated comes to mind...

Fiedler.
T.Buck
Lamar Smith
Fulton Walker
Jensen

shouldnt some of you guys focus more on the people responsible for mcmichael's downfall because he to endure the wanny factor then he 6 different qbs. there is no way in hell a player can succeeed when you have some dimwitts at the offensive coordinator position.
randy made some of the biggest plays that a te in the nfl could make and he was good in college.
the reason i am defending the randyman is that he was handcuffed by the hc and changing hc's and qb's hurt him and chambers both so I am a big fan of mcmichael and chambers.

now here are 10 underrated players.
1. chris chambers
2 Jim Jensen
3 Bryan Cox
4 shawn Wooden
5 Patrick surtain
6 Lamar Thomas
7 Bob Greise
8 Guss Ferrotte
9 Hunter Goodwin
10 Earl Morrall

Chambers,Greise,Surtain and Cox were not underrated sorry!

Mark Clayton for sure. It is a damn shame he has not even been considered for the Hall Of Fame.

WELL SAID . i think its a shame that him and duper and Kouch didnt get in.

Ray Lucas. Truly underestimated how BAD he really was.

To answer your question, the answer is OBVIOUS!!!!!
JAKE SCOTT Superbowl MVP of the undefeated season.
Jake made more Pro Bowls -5- in the Dolphins' glory years of 1970-75 than 4 Hall of Fame teammates and Jake remains the Dolphins' all-time leader in interceptions -35-and punt returns, at 10.5 yards per return.

Terrell Buckley
Milford Brown
Bobby Harden
Tim McKyer
Brian Walker

Chambers,Greise,Surtain and Cox were not underrated sorry!

HOW IN HELL can these players be overlooked they all played really well . I for one liked qb Bob Greise and surtan and chambers were better players then what some people want to give them credit.

A few that come to mind are:

Paul Warfield - He is highly thought of but IMO he should be in the conversation for greatest wr not named Jerry Rice.

Jay Feidler - Not a great player but was never deserving of all the abuse he took from the fans.

Jake Scott - One of the greatest players in Dolphin history but often forgotten.

Yeremiah Bell - Great instincts and the coach of the secondary.

John Offerdahl - Arguably the greatest LB we've ever had but never mentioned in that group.

And I would put Chambers on an overrated list before an underrated one. His drops and inconsistencies are more his doing than the QBs. And although he never quite reached #1 receiver performance while he was here, he was often regarded (and paid) as one.

These are in no particular order.

OJ McDuffie
Ron Heller
John Offerdahl
Dwight Stephenson
Ronnie Brown

Back
Top Bottom