Who are your top 5 most underrated Dolphins ever? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who are your top 5 most underrated Dolphins ever?

HOW IN HELL can these players be overlooked they all played really well . I for one liked qb Bob Greise and surtan and chambers were better players then what some people want to give them credit.

I did not say i didn't like them in fact I love all fins good or bad!! what I said is I DIDN'T THINK THEY WERE UNDERRATED! Bob is in the Hall isn't he? And surtain and chambers both did a hell of a job for us! I think most of the league agrees with me. I was not trying to offend you and i'm sorry if i did!:up:

Here's my list of "blue collar" guys that were fan favorites but underrated by most "analysts", media, etc.:

Bernie Parmalee
O.J. McDuffie
Orande Gadsden
Irving Fryar
Lamar Smith

GO PHINS~!

A.J. Duhe - He's one of my all-time favorite fin players. He's not so much underrated by finfans, but you hardly ever hear his name mentioned. An absolute Jet killer!:up:

Nat Moore - Just a good, consistent all around receiver.

Mark Ingram - Not a long tenure here, but I remember when he tied Paul Warfield's record of 4 td's in a game. He was amazing in that game.

Orande Gadsen - Great clutch receiver who would make some amazing catches.

Kim Bokamper - solid, tough guy..

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Mark Dixon. Overlooked as a player, but our line has never been the same since he retired.

my five are

jim jensen
keith sims
louis oliver
jay fiedler (if wandstache played to his strengths instead of his weaknesses we would have won a super bowl)
tim bowens
other notables
jeff cross
roy foster
tim ruddy
kieth byars

Where is Chuck Klingbeil? The man was totally lunchpail and underrated, but extremely solid. Tony Paige was nasty too and maybe the best blocking FB we ever had in franchise history - good receiver too. Bob Baumhower was a great NT for his day. The Blackwood brothers together make #4. Tied for #5 are Gadsden and Parmalee.

Where is Chuck Klingbeil? The man was totally lunchpail and underrated, but extremely solid. Tony Paige was nasty too and maybe the best blocking FB we ever had in franchise history - good receiver too. Bob Baumhower was a great NT for his day. The Blackwood brothers together make #4. Tied for #5 are Gadsden and Parmalee.

Sad to say, but I did forget about Chuck! I like this list alot.:hi5:

No particular order...

Ferrell Edmonds
Jay Fiedler
Marc Logan
Jim Jenson
Keith Sims

I will do the last 15 years or so for me personally since I didn't get to see some of the greats who went overlooked for us.

Gadsen( clutch for us. IMO more reliable on 3rd downs then Mcduffie)
Fiedler( say what you want, people couldn't wait for us to dump him, but the moment he got hurt every year EVERYONE wanted him back ASAP)
Marion (Always took the blame for Madison's/Fletchers and Buckleys errors)
Knight (Always took the blame for blown coverages of Thomas and Madison
Greenwood ( The guy was solid and consistant for us.He just wasn't a playmaker. Notice how our LB'ERS never looked quite as good without him except for Thomas of course.

Close nominations

Matt Turk
Wes Welker
Tim Ruddy before his last 2 years or so

Brent Smith is a good one

Brent Smith was a very underated OL man that we kept putting in there because we could not ever find someone better. Then he was almost dominant when healthy. He was just injured alot in the end and we could not count on him playing.

That sounds a lot more like Mark Dixon than Brent Smith to me.

Back
Top Bottom