Who here is crossing your fingers every time you see fins news hoping ricky isnt tra. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here is crossing your fingers every time you see fins news hoping ricky isnt tra.

jac3477

Practice Squad
Reaction score
traded!

This CANNOT happen, a 2nd rounder is not good enough for ricky williams, in fact a 1st rounder isnt good enough for ricky williams. unfortunately, if ricky leaves, we will all miss him when hes gone. he is the most stable guy on the offense. you can talk all about his past, but the truth is there is a sense of calm when i see the ball handed off to ricky. hes faster than ever, just as strong, and his work ethic is second to none from what i hear. hes cheap, he doenst care about being cheap, or sharing the load, or not being the star. in fact he likes those things..and hey guess what, ronnie brown has proven that he can be succesful under a 2 back system. not to mention he and ricky get along great and have both expressed a dersire to play together next year. plus. who better to lead for our young rb than a guy with stand up work ethic, who isnt asking for the big bucks, who is a great overall running back.

It is STUPID to base ones opinion on the situation on rickys play versus the play of a potential 1st rounder for us. rickys overall VALUE to this team CANT be beat! i LOVE what nick saban is doing, and i knw he understand the situation better than i do...but i hope ricky williams stays on this football team...

one last thing we all need to understand...Ricky is finally a happy guy, you see him out there aughing and smiling and little by little he became more a part of this team as the season progressed. ricky has done what many of us always talk about, learned from his mistakes, and used that knowledge to better himself. this is not the same guy who quit on us, hes a lot smarter, a lot calmer, and a lot more secure. It is unfortunate that many cannot see that bc they are still too busy nailing him to the wall bc of his past, but the truth is clear...ricky williams is a stand up guy, hes a phenomenal football player and athlete, and most of all..in a world where sports are a business...he doesnt care about money, fame, or the spot light. After all, wernt we all going mad when ronnie held out for more money and got an outrageous contract, pleading the case that these football players should be rational and understand they are getting ridiculous amounts of money? ricky williams is THAT football player..

CMON FINS FANS, what the hell more do you want!? :fire:

Do not let him go.

I'm crossing my fingers just to see fin news of someone traded, some type of transaction, some news, and pre-draft moves, FA pick ups, something!

heh... threads like these make me laugh. Saban brought Ricky back for the sole purpose most likely of inflating his value and trading for the best offer possible. And most of us agreed with this plan this time last year. Now that the plan seems to be going along perfectly, everyone is like "no ricky is worth more than a 2nd rder." Give me a break. Saban didn't draft Ronnie to be a part time back for the first 3-4 years of his career with someone who is one year removed from quitting on football, his team, and quite frankly civilized life. Get him out of here already please!

Its nice to have a player liek Ricky, but if we can get good value for him that will enable us bring in new talent then so be it.

I'd trade him in a heartbeat, without hesitation or looking back, for anything even close to a 1st.

FakeSpike13 said:
heh... threads like these make me laugh. Saban brought Ricky back for the sole purpose most likely of inflating his value and trading for the best offer possible.

I haven't heard Saban say that. Until I do, I don't believe it...

Personally, I think Saban wanted Ricky back because he knows how great he is, and how valuable / important he is to the Phinz success....

And most of us agreed with this plan this time last year.

I think most of us agreed, but at the time were assuming that Ronnie would be ready to step in...alone. I don't think he is, and he needs another year of sharing carries w/ Ricky before we can honestly know for sure....

Now that the plan seems to be going along perfectly, everyone is like "no ricky is worth more than a 2nd rder." Give me a break.

Ricky is worth more than that, and everyone knows it. Hell, didn't the Titans get RB T. Henry for a 2nd round pick last year?? Offering a 2nd for Ricky is an insult my friend....

Saban didn't draft Ronnie to be a part time back his whole career with someone who is one year removed from quitting on football, his team, and quite frankly civilized life. Get him out of here already please!

And the Chiefs didn't draft L. Johnson to sit behind P. Holmes forever either. But it did take LJ a few years to adjust, and get to where he is today. Same difference with Ronnie / Ricky IMO. Ronnie's day will come, but it's too soon to force him into the lone back role...

People need to starting using their melon, and think. Ricky / Ronnie could lead us to the promise land. The hell with these trades!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I think we'll be fine without Ricky.
If I know Saban and Co., Ronnie will be significantly improved, our offensive line will be extensively improved, and Sammy Morris is still a good backup back. :wink:

How much is Browns contract??? Theres no way he should be on the sidelines.

bigmiamifan said:
I'm crossing my fingers just to see fin news of someone traded, some type of transaction, some news, and pre-draft moves, FA pick ups, something!

haha thats exactly how I am!!

and YES TRADE RICKY! waht are you goin to do when he leaves us in 2-3 years where as you can have a Lawson here for an extra 7-8 years! c'mon man i love the guy to but he has no value to us past a year or so.

BLITZKRIEG said:
And the Chiefs didn't draft L. Johnson to sit behind P. Holmes forever either. But it did take LJ a few years to adjust, and get to where he is today. Same difference with Ronnie / Ricky IMO. Ronnie's day will come, but it's too soon to force him into the lone back role...

People need to starting using their melon, and think. Ricky / Ronnie could lead us to the promise land. The hell with these trades!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!

RB is one of the easiest positions for rookies to come in and start(minus certain passing situations where blocking is key, but Ronnie has already proven hes better then average at blocking so thats a non issue), and LJ was not drafted 2nd overall, he was drafted 27th, and he does have passblocking issues.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I haven't heard Saban say that. Until I do, I don't believe it...

Personally, I think Saban wanted Ricky back because he knows how great he is, and how valuable / important he is to the Phinz success....

I think most of us agreed, but at the time were assuming that Ronnie would be ready to step in...alone. I don't think he is, and he needs another year of sharing carries w/ Ricky before we can honestly know for sure....

Ricky is worth more than that, and everyone knows it. Hell, didn't the Titans get RB T. Henry for a 2nd round pick last year?? Offering a 2nd for Ricky is an insult my friend....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

LET ME BEGIN WITH THIS: :lol: :lol: :lol:

your post is wrong/misinformed/presumptious in many ways...
WRONG/MISINFORMED: travis henry was traded for a 3RD not a 2nd buddy...

PRESUMPTIOUS: just because SABAN hasn't explicitly said that he brought him back to trade him, doesn't mean that wasn't a major option. It's like you are adopting a 2nd grade mentality: "Oh, he didn't say it so it can't be..." Read between the lines with a guy as secretive as Saban, who says a whole bunch of nothing in 90% of his interviews...

ADDITIONALLY, the LJ-RB situations are completely different... Ronnie was drafted #2 overall and brought in to be a star. LJ was drafted in the late 1st round behind an incumbent star Priest and was more of a value pick, meaning although KC as many other needs on the D side of the ball at the time, they chose LJ because he was too good to pass up at the time. The only reason why LJ got a shot was Priest got hurt, or you wouldnt have this flimsy example to even try to compare to. And, behind that line I get the feeling my friend that you too, might run for a 1000 yards. Running backs dont need to adjust into the starting role like QBs in the NFL do... look at julius jones and kevin jones last year. SORRY man i can't agree with anything you said. it's just so off

stan marino said:
RB is one of the easiest positions for rookies to come in and start(minus certain passing situations where blocking is key, but RB has already proven hes better then average at blocking so thats a non issue), and LJ was not drafted 2nd overall, he was drafted 27th, and he does have passblocking issues.

THANK YOU MAN!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom