Who here is crossing your fingers every time you see fins news hoping ricky isnt tra. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here is crossing your fingers every time you see fins news hoping ricky isnt tra.

jac3477 said:
traded!

This CANNOT happen, a 2nd rounder is not good enough for ricky williams, in fact a 1st rounder isnt good enough for ricky williams. unfortunately, if ricky leaves, we will all miss him when hes gone. he is the most stable guy on the offense. you can talk all about his past, but the truth is there is a sense of calm when i see the ball handed off to ricky. hes faster than ever, just as strong, and his work ethic is second to none from what i hear. hes cheap, he doenst care about being cheap, or sharing the load, or not being the star. in fact he likes those things..and hey guess what, ronnie brown has proven that he can be succesful under a 2 back system. not to mention he and ricky get along great and have both expressed a dersire to play together next year. plus. who better to lead for our young rb than a guy with stand up work ethic, who isnt asking for the big bucks, who is a great overall running back.

It is STUPID to base ones opinion on the situation on rickys play versus the play of a potential 1st rounder for us. rickys overall VALUE to this team CANT be beat! i LOVE what nick saban is doing, and i knw he understand the situation better than i do...but i hope ricky williams stays on this football team...

one last thing we all need to understand...Ricky is finally a happy guy, you see him out there aughing and smiling and little by little he became more a part of this team as the season progressed. ricky has done what many of us always talk about, learned from his mistakes, and used that knowledge to better himself. this is not the same guy who quit on us, hes a lot smarter, a lot calmer, and a lot more secure. It is unfortunate that many cannot see that bc they are still too busy nailing him to the wall bc of his past, but the truth is clear...ricky williams is a stand up guy, hes a phenomenal football player and athlete, and most of all..in a world where sports are a business...he doesnt care about money, fame, or the spot light. After all, wernt we all going mad when ronnie held out for more money and got an outrageous contract, pleading the case that these football players should be rational and understand they are getting ridiculous amounts of money? ricky williams is THAT football player..

CMON FINS FANS, what the hell more do you want!? :fire:

He's on a great contract, and he's a great player. But with Ronnie in, I'd like to see Ricky traded (but for some real value). Either a quality veteran who can fill another need, or a high enough draft pick (a 2nd?). I think he will never give us more value than now because he is nearing the end of his career most likely. He's a terrific player and made an admirable comeback, but I think we need to trade him while we can get good stuff for him. However, if other teams don't want to poney up a fair deal, screw them and keep our awesome backfield intact.

jac3477 said:
traded!

This CANNOT happen, a 2nd rounder is not good enough for ricky williams, in fact a 1st rounder isnt good enough for ricky williams. unfortunately, if ricky leaves, we will all miss him when hes gone. he is the most stable guy on the offense. you can talk all about his past, but the truth is there is a sense of calm when i see the ball handed off to ricky. hes faster than ever, just as strong, and his work ethic is second to none from what i hear. hes cheap, he doenst care about being cheap, or sharing the load, or not being the star. in fact he likes those things..and hey guess what, ronnie brown has proven that he can be succesful under a 2 back system. not to mention he and ricky get along great and have both expressed a dersire to play together next year. plus. who better to lead for our young rb than a guy with stand up work ethic, who isnt asking for the big bucks, who is a great overall running back.

It is STUPID to base ones opinion on the situation on rickys play versus the play of a potential 1st rounder for us. rickys overall VALUE to this team CANT be beat! i LOVE what nick saban is doing, and i knw he understand the situation better than i do...but i hope ricky williams stays on this football team...

one last thing we all need to understand...Ricky is finally a happy guy, you see him out there aughing and smiling and little by little he became more a part of this team as the season progressed. ricky has done what many of us always talk about, learned from his mistakes, and used that knowledge to better himself. this is not the same guy who quit on us, hes a lot smarter, a lot calmer, and a lot more secure. It is unfortunate that many cannot see that bc they are still too busy nailing him to the wall bc of his past, but the truth is clear...ricky williams is a stand up guy, hes a phenomenal football player and athlete, and most of all..in a world where sports are a business...he doesnt care about money, fame, or the spot light. After all, wernt we all going mad when ronnie held out for more money and got an outrageous contract, pleading the case that these football players should be rational and understand they are getting ridiculous amounts of money? ricky williams is THAT football player..

CMON FINS FANS, what the hell more do you want!? :fire:

Your thinking with your heart and not your head brother.

Ronnie Brown will be assuming a larger role next year than this year, that will leave Ricky with even less carries.

All things considered, and there are too many things to regurgitate here again that have already been beaten to death.

What makes the most sense is trading Ricky and obtaining one way or another, a starter at a position of need or to add his value to something else to move up and get the long term solution to our QB problem.

Back up runners are not that hard to find.

Why is it the common opinion that everyone who is in favor of trading Ricky for a high pick is anti-Ricky.....still angry over the retirement fiasco???

Why can't it simply be that they might see the value of drafting a 22-24 year old player with potential to help the team for 10+ years vs. the value of a 29 yr old RB who has already stated that he didn't plan on staying around too long. Add to that that Ricky plays that same position as Ronnie Brown...our 2nd overall pick, while we could use the pick to select a player to fill a position of far greater need.

I think it is the people who think we need to keep Ricky who aren't thinking of the future.

burger13 said:
Why is it the common opinion that everyone who is in favor of trading Ricky for a high pick is anti-Ricky.....still angry over the retirement fiasco???

Why can't it simply be that they might see the value of drafting a 22-24 year old player with potential to help the team for 10+ years vs. the value of a 29 yr old RB who has already stated that he didn't plan on staying around too long. Add to that that Ricky plays that same position as Ronnie Brown...our 2nd overall pick, while we could use the pick to select a player to fill a position of far greater need.

I think it is the people who think we need to keep Ricky who aren't thinking of the future.

Thank you, I own a Ricky jersey, wore it proud to Three Dolphins games this year, one in Buffalo. But I'm a Dolphins fan first. If we can add a first round pick for a guy who splits carries in our backfield with ayounger version of himself. Done and Done. I would love to have a first round safety or LB and a first round LT or OG. Two spots filled with talent, while still having a talented RB. Yes there is risk involved with any pick as there is risk that Ricky gets hurt in training camp and doesn't play a down. I like the facted that we could have a starter for ten years instead of a backup for three.

Predaphin said:
Keep Ricky!!!

Im crossing my fingers as well

I'm with ya man, I think it would be a mistake to trade Ricky. I'm sure all the jet fans and buffalo and pats fans that roam this forum would love us to trade Ricky. They know how good Ricky is even if they don't admit it. There minds aren't clouded by our Ronny Brown homerism. They would much rather go against Ronnie than Ricky.

Why would you cross your fingers? If Nick Saban thinks trading Ricky Williams is the best for our team, why the heck would you go against that?How does everyone this site seem to think they know more then Saban? You question if Ronnie can hold up thru 16 games, you question if we'll have a more then capable backup RB, you question if we'll get fair value in the trade.I'm just a little bit sure that these points will have been considered 1,000,000 times before Saban pulls the trigger. Let him improve our team the way he wants to. You'll see the results

dolphan north said:
He's on a great contract, and he's a great player. But with Ronnie in, I'd like to see Ricky traded (but for some real value). Either a quality veteran who can fill another need, or a high enough draft pick (a 2nd?). I think he will never give us more value than now because he is nearing the end of his career most likely. He's a terrific player and made an admirable comeback, but I think we need to trade him while we can get good stuff for him. However, if other teams don't want to poney up a fair deal, screw them and keep our awesome backfield intact.
I couldn't have possibly said it better myself.
:dolphins:
C'mon upgrades...

burger13 said:

Yeah, that too!

These are "the facts"

- Dolphins coach Nick Saban on Wednesday declined to comment on a possible deal with the Broncos, but a source said no talks between the teams have taken place. Moreover, the Broncos have not talked to Williams' agent, Leigh Steinberg, according to another source.

- During his final regular-season news conference, Saban said every player on the Dolphins roster is available for the right price. When pressed about Williams specifically, he said the best interest of the franchise would force him to listen to any offer.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/13770984.htm

Everything else is just speculation and rumors. Ricky's Going Nowhere!!!!!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Well your gonna have your fingers crossed for a looong time. Cause trade period hasn't even started yet. Matter of fact cross em for 7 more weeks. Cause nothing will happen til then. And even then...nobody cares that some people dont wanna trade Ricky. (I dont wanna trade him) But he WILL be traded cause of his actions before. And you never know when he's gonna pull a move like that again... Plus, he's a hot commodity. We need as many picks as we can get.

ANYBODY on here that says with a Definitive voice: "RICKY's GOING NOWHERE" is gonna look sooo stupid come trade time. I would love to keep the guy...But the facts are that he wanted to leave football and the only reason he's playing today is cause he was being sued for the money he owed. Once that money is paid, he's liable and most likely to leave again. Then we'll be stuck with NOTHING in return. When meanwhile, we could be picking up an excellent player thru the draft with the pick we'd get for Ricky or maybe even use Ricky as some platform to trade up and land that oh so coveted QB everyone's enamored with.

BringBackShula said:
ANYBODY on here that says with a Definitive voice: "RICKY's GOING NOWHERE" is gonna look sooo stupid come trade time.

I wont look stupid, I'll just be wrong in assuming he would stay....

Same goes for the opposition...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Back
Top Bottom