Who here is crossing your fingers every time you see fins news hoping ricky isnt tra. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here is crossing your fingers every time you see fins news hoping ricky isnt tra.

if a team offers a 1st or even a 2nd rounder for ricky williams, nothing you can say will prevent me from making that deal.

jac3477 said:
traded!

This CANNOT happen, a 2nd rounder is not good enough for ricky williams, in fact a 1st rounder isnt good enough for ricky williams. unfortunately, if ricky leaves, we will all miss him when hes gone. he is the most stable guy on the offense. you can talk all about his past, but the truth is there is a sense of calm when i see the ball handed off to ricky. hes faster than ever, just as strong, and his work ethic is second to none from what i hear. hes cheap, he doenst care about being cheap, or sharing the load, or not being the star. in fact he likes those things..and hey guess what, ronnie brown has proven that he can be succesful under a 2 back system. not to mention he and ricky get along great and have both expressed a dersire to play together next year. plus. who better to lead for our young rb than a guy with stand up work ethic, who isnt asking for the big bucks, who is a great overall running back.

It is STUPID to base ones opinion on the situation on rickys play versus the play of a potential 1st rounder for us. rickys overall VALUE to this team CANT be beat! i LOVE what nick saban is doing, and i knw he understand the situation better than i do...but i hope ricky williams stays on this football team...

one last thing we all need to understand...Ricky is finally a happy guy, you see him out there aughing and smiling and little by little he became more a part of this team as the season progressed. ricky has done what many of us always talk about, learned from his mistakes, and used that knowledge to better himself. this is not the same guy who quit on us, hes a lot smarter, a lot calmer, and a lot more secure. It is unfortunate that many cannot see that bc they are still too busy nailing him to the wall bc of his past, but the truth is clear...ricky williams is a stand up guy, hes a phenomenal football player and athlete, and most of all..in a world where sports are a business...he doesnt care about money, fame, or the spot light. After all, wernt we all going mad when ronnie held out for more money and got an outrageous contract, pleading the case that these football players should be rational and understand they are getting ridiculous amounts of money? ricky williams is THAT football player..

CMON FINS FANS, what the hell more do you want!? :fire:

All compelling reasons for keeping RW...but...there is one, completely overriding reason to trade him away.....

If we trade RW we have a more than capable back, who might be better than RW in the long run (but that does remain unknown for now) AND we have a bunch of other holes to fill in our lineup to get to the next level.

Obviously, QB is a biggie, but we need a LB or two, we need a DT (assuming that Wright and Vickerson are not ready to take Traylors spot), we need a CB or two...(we don't really know about Poole or Mitchell yet)...We need a safety. Schulters played well, but needs to be resigned and wants a boatload of cash...Jones ended the season on IR and played mediocre at best. We need a LT and C/RG. Big Mac is scheduled to make $4.3 mil...do you think he's worth that much ?? McKinney has proven he can't do it and is an UFA. Yes, forgot, we need a 3rd WR.

Now a trade for RW means that we can fill at least one more of those holes with a quality guy. It might even mean that we can trade up for a better QB, although I feel that is not in Saban's thought process right now. (JMHO). At any rate, I think I've proven my point....do we want to be good this coming year or for years to come ???

ajajaj said:
This statement is false on so many levels.:shakeno: A select few thought the idea of bringning Ricky back to inflate value and trade posted to some threads. Most of them did that b/c they had forgotten how GREAT of a player and running back he truly is.:cooldude: Anyone with one ounce of commen sence and desire to win has no inclination to trade away our best player on offense. :refuse: Our one player who can consistantly take over games. Our one player who can beat almost any D weather they are fast (he can run inside) or weather they are big ( he can bust it outside) weather are aggressive (he cuts back better than anyone in the league) or weather they are passive (he finds and creates holes other backs can't find or make).

Without Ricky we are set to be an average offesne and a dismal offense if Ronnie goes down for any number of games. :( Our passing offense is not near solid enough to make up for not having a running threat. With R and R we should never be at a loss to bring the "threat" if nothing else of a power running game.

As for Ronnie sharing the time with Ricky. Ronnie doesn't mind so why the hell do the fans seem to care so much?:confused: Running backs get dinged up worse than any other position.:wheels: I would rather ricky take a few more of the hits and prolong Ronnies carreer. This isn't madden where just because a guy gets good stats it means he is a better player, this is real life where having the most talent possible on a team at the lowest price for the longest amount of time is what builds winning teams and super bowls.

GET OVER YOUR ESTROGEN DRIVEN, CRYBABY, IMMATURE FEELINGS TOWARD RICKY AND GROW UP. THE PAST IS EXACTLY THAT THE PAST. ALL THAT SHOULD MATTER IS THE FUTURE.:tantrum:

Before you accuse someone else of making false statements, you should try and use facts instead of opinions in your own. Ricky being our best player on offense and being capable of taking over games was the Ricky of 2002, not todays Ricky.

While he may still potentially be a great player when being the featured back, it is arguable as to who the best offensive player is on this team. If anything, with CC-Booker-McMike-Ronnie-Ricky....we have a collection of good talent that makes the team more formidible. It's hard for me to say who is "best" out of that group.

Like I've said in other posts, I don't hate Ricky for any reason. But I do feel if he can be traded and it's of good value to the team, then it should be done. If Nick doesn't feel the deal makes sense to the Dolphins, then he'll probably say no.

And why do so many continue to use the "if Ronnie goes down theory", as a reason to keep Ricky??!? Injuries can happen to ANY player at any position at any time....regardless of depth at the position. Sometimes it's a crapshoot. If this team didn't have any other needs, then there would be no reason to consider trading Ricky. However, since there are other needs (and IF the price is right), trading Ricky makes sense to help this team in other areas.

Despite me loving Ricky, I actually want him traded. He wont play for more than 2 or 3 years, we have star back Ronnie Brown and we would get a nice draft pick.

Back
Top Bottom