Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do!

Really? Care to explain?

Not necessarily advocating Lamp (or maybe I am) but I find the notion that guard isn't important as, well . . laughable.

A guard is not at the level of importance/consideration as other impact players.....LT's, DE's, QB's , CB's.....there is a reason those positions are coveted and drafted high. Decent guards can be found in the later rounds and it is the mark of a bad drafting FO to ever take a guard (which means we'll probably take him) as a first round pick when talent is available at positions considered as requiring a higher level of skill & athleticism. Guards rank well below those positions and others, maybe only outranking kickers & punters in the pecking order of importance.

Has the same stench that the college football player that spent 5 years in jail for a BS sexual assault allegation, and he was a very highly recruited player from high school. His career went down the drain...and she was found out to be a liar.

Teams with luxury picks in the 3rd (comp) all the end of the draft will take a chance on this kid. The Collins' incident proved that sports is powerful and this kid (right or wrong) will get off. This pick has NE written all over it. I think the DA (or whoever) needs to come out with what evidence they have (if that's possible) and state their claim

What is all this lunacy with Lamp???...really getting tired of hearing this....anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of NFL football/draft knows you DON'T take a guard with a 1st round pick!!!

You better tell the GMs of these teams
....anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of NFL football/draft knows
you DON'T take a guard with a 1st round pick!!

2016...Seattle,49ers
2015...Redskins,Giants,Lions
2014...Cowboys
2013...Cardinals,Titans,Chargers,Giants,Bears
2012...Steelers,Bengals

I still haven't seen one person explain why they think Lamp could successfully convert to a DE :idk:

Malik would be a risky move for the Dolphins. However, if you're always going to draft safe, I can't imagine you're going to be able to find many gems that will help leapfrog your team to the next level. Sometimes you have to take a few risks. There's a reason why some teams perpetually seem to at the top of NFL and others are in the gutter.

People shy away from "boom or bust" and maybe rightly so. I'm not saying Malik would be the right player to try out this scenario for the Dolphins. But the areas of concern for him, low-motivation, selfish etc is exactly the kind of real evaluation that comes from that Dr. Rick Perea guy that conducted 50 interviews with draft prospects - here's hoping McDowell was one of the ones he interviewed (http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...hins-assess-motivation-of-NFL-draft-prospects)

So if they Dolphins do take him, one should think they did the evaluation on Malik McDowell and decided that they knew they could work with him.

IF he passes our psych evaluation and interviewed well with us when he came to visit (I think I saw somewhere he visited), McDowell is one of the guys I would be ok with. As I have said many times before around here I would be ok with a handful of guys.

I think we should pick Gareon Conley with our 7th round pick . From reading into the incident, it has a Laremy Tunsil type feel to it . From what I read Conley's people are saying the woman is just mad she was kicked out of some type of party or event in a hotel that Gareon was having . Which is kind of believable if you think about it . And I just don't want to end up like we did with the Collins situation were he fall in the draft and we could have got a 1st round talent for a 7th round pick . Plus the woman has not even pressed charges but went public. Which is strange because most times if a rape victim is raped and they don't report it to the police they also don't tell anyone either . WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR I DO NOT CONDONE RAPE ! Just seems alil fishy to me imho.

He's still a 1st round pick

Not sure why Conley is so highly regarded. When the season ended he was a projected 3rd rounder. As a Buckeye fan he never stood out in games. No new tape from Jan to now but some good workouts vaulted him into the 1st round? Reminds me of Eli Apple. That guy was torched continually in college yet had good workouts and measurables and went in the first. He stunk for the Giants last year.

The chicks story seems bogus. "No thanks to participating, I'll just watch" that's such a load of bs. I wouldn't have taken him b4 the 3rd anyway. If he's there in the 5th take him. He's not going to be the steal some think he is.

Collins forced his way into being a UDFA by vowing not to sign with any team that drafted him in the late rds.

It was a bluff, and many people, including me, thought it was a bluff. It was a mistake by teams.

As long as Cleveland, Oakland and Baltimore are drafting, he has a chance to be drafted. They aren't scared of baggage.

As long as Cleveland, Las Vegas and Baltimore are drafting, he has a chance to be drafted. They aren't scared of baggage.

Let's get used to that change.

I can't believe people are still bringing up Collins. He wouldn't have signed for anything lower than a 3rd and I bet he would have stuck to it. Better for his career that way. This story does seem odd. If he did rape her then the team that drafts him will look awful. If he didn't then it could be a win. If the Fins draft him I hope they do their homework. Can't waste picks.

How many women get a rape kit just because? Conley claims they did not have sex. Unless this lady is mentally ill, they had sex, and, now, his word is garbage.

We'll see how it plays out, but it looks very bad for Conley.

Let's get used to that change.

I can't believe people are still bringing up Collins. He wouldn't have signed for anything lower than a 3rd and I bet he would have stuck to it. Better for his career that way. This story does seem odd. If he did rape her then the team that drafts him will look awful. If he didn't then it could be a win. If the Fins draft him I hope they do their homework. Can't waste picks.

I hear you but they are still Oakland for now.

If he slides past the 2nd round, I'll be shocked. I guarantee there are teams using NFL Security and their own investigative teams to look into the situation.

Back
Top Bottom