Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do!

Willis is projected to be a second round draft selection.

This. So many FH General Managers...
Willis has good measurables and was highly rated against run and pass by PFF.

Yet, watch any game film. He's a straight line runner with limited flexibility in the hips.

He has average lateral quickness. Bigger linemen will swallow him, and he won't be dynamic enough to beat athletic linemen either.

I like Willis, but ppl, at 22, REACH.

I still haven't seen one person explain why they think Lamp could successfully convert to a DE :idk:

He probably could, if we didn't already have Wake, Hayes, Fede, Warmsley, and Branch there...who ants a logjam at DE by adding Lamp, especially when Vegas odds have Tannehill's knees only slightly more dependable than Pouncey's hips.

If McDowell is the pick at #22, I wouldn't be surprised if we double down with another DL pick at #54. I think McDowell could be picked for us to slide inside at DT and then we would choose someone to join the DE rotation at #54.

Collins forced his way into being a UDFA by vowing not to sign with any team that drafted him in the late rds.

Yeah but that's no excuse...Draft him and then talk to him...Tell you understand...and you will help his career over the long run...

This. So many FH General Managers...
Willis has good measurables and was highly rated against run and pass by PFF.

Yet, watch any game film. He's a straight line runner with limited flexibility in the hips.

He has average lateral quickness. Bigger linemen will swallow him, and he won't be dynamic enough to beat athletic linemen either.

I like Willis, but ppl, at 22, REACH.

download.png

Yeah McDowell's issue is not playing soft it's that he was apparently toxic in the locker room and maby teams called him.the worst interview by far at the combine. Hobestly if it werent for the red flags with character id say he is the easiest guy to.project to.us

The more I think about the final 6 games of the season and Pouncey's "health" the more I like the idea of picking Lamp. It feels like such a need and not bpa.

I don't want a DT at 22. We have a lot of money on Suh plus Phillips was a 2nd round pick(more money thought not as much)and while I know we need a 3rd DT to rotate, we have bigger needs at DE,LB,FE and guard. btw, Bill Polian don't like him at all

Ozzy rules!!

I don't want a DT at 22. We have a lot of money on Suh plus Phillips was a 2nd round pick(more money thought not as much)and while I know we need a 3rd DT to rotate, we have bigger needs at DE,LB,FE and guard. btw, Bill Polian don't like him at all

Ozzy rules!!

We gotta stop bringing up Suh's contact to justify not investing another premium resource in the DT position. Jordan Phillips, as of today, is a bum. It is what it is. He has displayed terrible gap integrity when it comes to stopping the run. And in general, gets taken out of way too many plays. We're going to continue to have a leaky defense if that position isn't addressed. We don't need a "rotational DT", we need a capable starter aside Suh.

for me it would hinge on how high our fo sees his ceiling on the edge....i like the versatility of him being able to kick inside but i'd like to know he has the capacity to be a pro bowl de if we're going to punch his ticket at 22

"WEAKNESSES Footwork and technique are a mess. Plays with inconsistent base width and overall balance. Struggles to keep feet clean and ends up on the ground. Lines up in narrow, three-point stance from interior and struggles to fight back against down blocks and double teams. Can be washed out of his gap too often. High center of gravity made interior work a challenge at times. Can bend, but lets high pad level get the best of him. Doesn't consistently utilize his length with first hands. Has to become better at controlling the point of attack with his natural attributes. Needs to punch and control rather than leaning on blockers. Production doesn't match up with the traits and the talent. Scouts concerned about work ethic and leadership."

sounds a lot like what's been said about Carlos Dunlap back in 2010 (for the record, he did fall to the 2nd round)

on topic, when you factor in the questions about his pro position (inside? outside?), the work ethic and the overall state of our team, you really can't afford to spend a first-rounder on McDowell. other teams might be able to afford that risk, we can't IMO.

We gotta stop bringing up Suh's contact to justify not investing another premium resource in the DT position. Jordan Phillips, as of today, is a bum. It is what it is. He has displayed terrible gap integrity when it comes to stopping the run. And in general, gets taken out of way too many plays. We're going to continue to have a leaky defense if that position isn't addressed. We don't need a "rotational DT", we need a capable starter aside Suh.

So you've given up on Phillips after two seasons. Ok, got you. Soliai took a few years and then was very good for us. Some guys take longer. I'm not saying not to ever draft a DT but just not at 22. Bill Polian was talking about him last night and said the guy doesn't have a high motor. Too many red flags but hey, it's not up to me anyway. If we draft him I'll be rooting for him

Ozzy rules!!

Lamp would be a good pickup at #22. however, odds are he won't make it to our pick IMO. the top rated interior OL was drafted at 18, 19, 16 and 20 in the last few drafts.

He was actually 295 lbs at the combine (not 285). Not exactly what I would call a tweener but he is probably a prototype 3-4 DE. He also tested better at 295 lbs than Taco Charlton (275), Charles Harris (253), Derek Barnett (259) & Jonathan Allen (286).

If you're going to list his "weaknesses", why not list the strengths?

NFL.com

Strengths Slippery and long. Combination of arm length and flexible torso allow him to slither into gaps and create disruptions for blockers. Freaky combination of size and athleticism. Can overwhelm blockers with pure strength and explosiveness when his feet are right. Strong enough in lower half to play through contact and cause stress in the pocket. Has tremendous amount of untapped potential waiting to be unlocked. Quick, strong hands in pass rush. Able to attack the edge with club-and-swim pet move. Can crank up a pocket-caving bull rush. Can redirect his weight and maintain pursuit of scrambling mobile quarterbacks. Long frame and play speed can close out perimeter runs and foil them before corner is turned. Elite playmaking radius. Explosive lateral movement and quickness. Can bound from one gap to the next in Sparty's slanting defensive front. Will be extremely difficult to cross face as he learns the position. Has experience up and down the defensive line.

Dolphins had him in for a visit and you can bet they gave him the psych eval from the Dr.

Back
Top Bottom