Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do! | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do!

He was actually 295 lbs at the combine (not 285). Not exactly what I would call a tweener but he is probably a prototype 3-4 DE. He also tested better at 295 lbs than Taco Charlton (275), Charles Harris (253), Derek Barnett (259) & Jonathan Allen (286).

If you're going to list his "weaknesses", why not list the strengths?

NFL.com

Dolphins had him in for a visit and you can bet they gave him the psych eval from the Dr.

"...when his feet are right...", "...untapped potential waiting to be unlocked."

the point reamins the same, if the motor isn't running, he's a sloppy player. nobody doubts the potential he has. the risk is whether he will want to "unlock it".

It was a bluff, and many people, including me, thought it was a bluff. It was a mistake by teams.

Prove it. How do you "know" it was a bluff? Granted it would only be wasting a 7th- the dude came out and said he would re enter the draft the next year if taken late... senseless to take a chance on anyone saying that.

So you've given up on Phillips after two seasons. Ok, got you. Soliai took a few years and then was very good for us. Some guys take longer. I'm not saying not to ever draft a DT but just not at 22. Bill Polian was talking about him last night and said the guy doesn't have a high motor. Too many red flags but hey, it's not up to me anyway. If we draft him I'll be rooting for him

Ozzy rules!!
I don't want a DT at 22. We have a lot of money on Suh plus Phillips was a 2nd round pick(more money thought not as much)and while I know we need a 3rd DT to rotate, we have bigger needs at DE,LB,FE and guard. btw, Bill Polian don't like him at all

Soliai was a 4th round pick who was only asked to play on run downs. Most coaches expect to have to develop 4th rounders. Big difference between 52 and 108. Bill Polian lost it years ago and says so much off the wall stuff nowadays that I cannot take him seriously.

It's a little ironic that you are confident in Phillips but don't like McDowell. They both have the same "red flags" concerning effort and work ethic.

The fact that we have invested SO much in Suh, just makes finding a partner for him more important. He is just wasting away at the moment with little help and he is already 30 years old. We have 4 DE's whether you like them or not. We only have 2 DT's. Same goes with LB, FS and G. Starters have been put in place by the FO. While most of us may not like the players slotted at some of those positions, they have been addressed. DT has not.

Phillips is good for 20-25 snaps a game and has shown nothing to make anyone think he can handle more. Gase has been on him to get his snaps up. It's a huge gamble (at the cost of our run defense) to assume he will work harder this year than he has the previous two years. He couldn't even displace underachieving, Earl Mitchell. Most players like this don't get motivated until their contract year.

McDowell may not be the player for us but we have a huge need at DT.

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

"...when his feet are right...", "...untapped potential waiting to be unlocked."

the point reamins the same, if the motor isn't running, he's a sloppy player. nobody doubts the potential he has. the risk is whether he will want to "unlock it".

All very true.

Here is Mike Mayock's latest rankings....Everyone's board will be different but it gives you some idea of who will be available at 22. Out of this list, players 20, 30 & 32 will likely go in the top 20 and Conley will likely drop. I could also see Bolles (33) go before our pick as well.

I'm thinking a trade down is the smart move.

1. Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M
2. Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama
3. Jamal Adams, S, LSU
4. Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
5. Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
6. Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
7. Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
8. Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
9. O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
10. Haason Reddick, LB, Temple

11. Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State
12. Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
13. Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
14. John Ross, WR, Washington
15. Charles Harris, DE, Missouri
16. Cam Robinson, T, Alabama
17. Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
18. Forrest Lamp, G, Western Kentucky
19. Takkarist McKinley, DE, UCLA
20. Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

21. Ryan Ramczyk, T, Wisconsin
22. Adoree' Jackson, CB, USC
23. David Njoku, TE, Miami
24. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
25. Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
26. Jabrill Peppers, S, Michigan
27. Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
28. Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
29. Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
30. Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina

31. Budda Baker, S, Washington
32. Patrick Mahomes II, Texas Tech
33. Garett Bolles, T, Utah
34. Kevin King, CB, Washington
35. T.J. Watt, LB, Wisconsin
36. Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU
37. Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State
38. Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802568/article/mike-mayocks-2017-nfl-draft-top-100-prospect-rankings

ESPN just mocked McDowell to Miami, if anyone really cares. I don't like the thought of another physically gifted, but low-effort guy challenging another physically gifted, but low-effort guy (Jordan Phillips) for playing time. Just doubling down on a weakness. He kind of reminds me of a poor mans Daryl Gardener. No question he could dominate when he wanted to, but looked disengaged for long stretches.

This. So many FH General Managers...
Willis has good measurables and was highly rated against run and pass by PFF.

Yet, watch any game film. He's a straight line runner with limited flexibility in the hips.

He has average lateral quickness. Bigger linemen will swallow him, and he won't be dynamic enough to beat athletic linemen either.

I like Willis, but ppl, at 22, REACH.

At 22 your getting to a point where a lot of picks will be considered a reach. The other DE's projected to be there have many question marks as well.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Where there is smoke, there is screen. I wouldn't believe a single word about any team or prospect leaking out a week or so prior to the draft.

Very true, although Armando has been plugged in, could very well be smoke at this point.

Teams with luxury picks in the 3rd (comp) all the end of the draft will take a chance on this kid. The Collins' incident proved that sports is powerful and this kid (right or wrong) will get off. This pick has NE written all over it. I think the DA (or whoever) needs to come out with what evidence they have (if that's possible) and state their claim
Not to state the obvious, but I can see Conley going anywhere from R2 to UDFA. The negative press against the team taking him will be over the top. That's not to say Conley is innocent or guilty or whether the heat will be deserved or not - I make no judgement call. But his selection will have FAR more to do with calculating how much negative press will follow and when Conley at east equates that negative press. Any report between now and draft day leaning towards guilt or innocence will have more affect than his talent.

What I took from that article:

That team (talking about New England) spends on its quarterback and defensive playmakers, such as cornerbacks. It spends on receivers and offensive tackles.
Not on guards.

We've already invested in our QB, OT's, WR's and CB's. Every team needs defensive playmaker's and while we can certainly use another DE it's not like we are rebuilding this thing. We are fine tuning. If the best OG in the draft is there and the 5th best DE, it's not that cut and dry.

I think this regime is pretty smart and will have multiple plans in place and be ready to adapt on the fly. Too many variables with this draft to have a strong feel for how the second half of the first round will play out let alone the first half of it.

Keep your options open, seek value and attack the board is all I can say.

I am not saying we taking Lamp but I certainly think we can afford that luxury at this point in the process.

What I took from that article:

That team (talking about New England) spends on its quarterback and defensive playmakers, such as cornerbacks. It spends on receivers and offensive tackles.
Not on guards.

We've already invested in our QB, OT's, WR's and CB's. Every team needs defensive playmaker's and while we can certainly use another DE it's not like we are rebuilding this thing. We are fine tuning. If the best OG in the draft is there and the 5th best DE, it's not that cut and dry.

I think this regime is pretty smart and they have multiple plans and will be ready to adapt on the fly. Too many variables with this draft to have a strong feel for how the second half of the first round will play out let alone the first half of it.

Keep your options open, seek value and attack the board is all I can say.

I am not saying we taking Lamp but I certainly think we can afford that luxury at this point in the process.

NE has a fairly young o-line right now, that's the only reason they dont have a lot of money tied up at the guard spots. Toss in one of the best o-line coaches in the modern era NFL (Scarnecchia) and that's where their success derives from. Not necessarily that they don't value guard.

I think it has become obvious that this FO does not really put a high value on Guard play, I mean how many more examples do we need to see? Will it bite them or will they manage :idk:

Back
Top Bottom