Who should we NOT draft.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should we NOT draft..

Skeet84 said:
Why not Nick Mangold in the second? He was the best center in the Senior Bowl and did a very good job. I did not whatch him during the season tho. I have heard and read that he was the best Center all year tho.
Kamerin Wimbley I can understand, But the only good thing about him is he is very Raw and has a great chance of getting better.

Not a simple answer really. all i can say is, im against drafting a center in the first 2 rounds. Just because i dont think they translate to well in the NFL. Theres so much of a difference between Center in the NFL and Center in college. BTW, what makes you think Wimbley is raw? As an FSU fan, i was extremely disappointed in his play this year, once hands touch him, hes out of the play completely. He has no pass rush moves, and cant defend the run. all he has is edge speed, and he relies on it and it alone.

Skeet84 said:
When I said they were about the same I meant talent wise. Brodie Croyle is a Good QB. His biggest problem is his Injury history.

thats his biggest problem yes, but theres other reasons hes not a first round talent and cutler is.

Nappy Roots said:
thats his biggest problem yes, but theres other reasons hes not a first round talent and cutler is.

I am not saying Croyle is a First round guy. I am saying Cutler is not a first round guy. Why is Cutler so much better than Croyle?

Skeet84 said:
I am not saying Croyle is a First round guy. I am saying Cutler is not a first round guy. Why is Cutler so much better than Croyle?

stronger arm, quicker feet, no long injury record

fishypete said:
I agree....he has talent...but he ain't special. I see very little difference between him and Croyle...and unless your willing to take Croyle in the first round....you shouldn't take Cutler there either.
Besides the fact that Cutler has a CANNON for an arm and has not been hurt a lot there are no differences...:shakeno:

Skeet84 said:

Cutler is everything Croyle is and everything he isnt to.

Croyle has injury problems and has a thin body, Cutler has no injury history, and has a strong QB build.

Croyle has a good arm, Cutler has a great arm. better than Croyles, he also has a quicker release to.

Croyle was on a top team in the country, with a below average OLine, below average WRs, and couldnt put any points at all within the SEC. Croyle had a worse team, worse OLine, worse RBs, worse WRs, worse TEs, yet Cutler put up a lot of points in the same conference. Basically, Croyle cannot carry a team, and Culter can.

Nappy Roots said:
so you wouldnt draft cutler in the 2nd round?

and the 1 guy i wouldnt want in the first couple rounds would be Nick Mangold or Kamerion Wimbley

When did I say that?

Im just saying in the first i think he is a major stretch

Alex22 said:
When did I say that?

well you named Jay Cutler as your answer to his question. which was who we shouldnt draft in the first couple rounds.

Nappy Roots said:
well you named Jay Cutler as your answer to his question. which was who we shouldnt draft in the first couple rounds.

Ok but people also listed Vince Young

Now seriously I think ANYONE would take him in round 2 if he were there

everyone has a spot they are supposed to go around, no-one can anwser the question perfectly

Nappy Roots said:
Cutler is everything Croyle is and everything he isnt to.

Croyle has injury problems and has a thin body, Cutler has no injury history, and has a strong QB build.

Croyle has a good arm, Cutler has a great arm. better than Croyles, he also has a quicker release to.

Croyle was on a top team in the country, with a below average OLine, below average WRs, and couldnt put any points at all within the SEC. Croyle had a worse team, worse OLine, worse RBs, worse WRs, worse TEs, yet Cutler put up a lot of points in the same conference. Basically, Croyle cannot carry a team, and Culter can.
Nappy i usually have a tendency to agree with you and you can call me a homer if you wish but Croyle did everything he had to, to lead the team and more. 2004 season Bama was undeafeated until Croyle was hurt and then they slid downhill losing 5 of their last six or something to that effect and last season Croyle's top two recievers went down and he played with a O-line that gave up 33 sacks on the season, and to top it all off Croyle has a rocket for an arm. His release is def. not as quick as Cutler's and his injury history is by far worse, but the knock on Croyle is not his leadership or his arm strength. It's his injury history and his slight build. Really and truly nothing can be done about his injury history, but there's no doubt in my mind he could bulk up while he's sitting for a year and that would further increase his arm strength. I honestly feel that he would be a great pick up in the second round no only for his talent but also because of the value that pick would present.

jnewmant said:
Nappy i usually have a tendency to agree with you and you can call me a homer if you wish but Croyle did everything he had to, to lead the team and more. 2004 season Bama was undeafeated until Croyle was hurt and then they slid downhill losing 5 of their last six or something to that effect and last season Croyle's top two recievers went down and he played with a O-line that gave up 33 sacks on the season, and to top it all off Croyle has a rocket for an arm. His release is def. not as quick as Cutler's and his injury history is by far worse, but the knock on Croyle is not his leadership or his arm strength. It's his injury history and his slight build. Really and truly nothing can be done about his injury history, but there's no doubt in my mind he could bulk up while he's sitting for a year and that would further increase his arm strength. I honestly feel that he would be a great pick up in the second round no only for his talent but also because of the value that pick would present.

heyy Brooo your back!!!! where have you been:dolphins:

jnewmant said:

I totally agree. I still don't see where Cutler is Sooo much better than Croyle either. I know I am gunna catch more flak about this, But I guess we will have to just wait and see. Just because someone has a stronger arm does not make him a better QB. It does not hurt either tho. I think that Croyle has a Good arm and he could succeed in the NFL and like said above he could very easily bulk up while he sits for a year.

Alex22 said:
When did I say that?

Its not a stretch if nearly every scouting service and NFL team says hes a top 16 pick, you may not a agree with him being picked that high, but your opinion alone doesn't make it a stetch for the Dolphins.

Phins28 said:
You don't have eye for talent, this kid is the real deal, if Miami draft Omar Jacobs in the first 2 rounds i shoot myself.

Don't worry, they won't

Back
Top Bottom