Who should we NOT draft.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should we NOT draft..

As an FSU fan, i was extremely disappointed in his play this year, once hands touch him, hes out of the play completely. He has no pass rush moves, and cant defend the run. all he has is edge speed, and he relies on it and it alone.

Agreed, he will test well at the combine. Hes not a first round guy but like Roth(?) once he develops he'll be a helluva DT. I'm thinking 2nd-3rd rds.

jnewmant said:
Nappy i usually have a tendency to agree with you and you can call me a homer if you wish but Croyle did everything he had to, to lead the team and more. 2004 season Bama was undeafeated until Croyle was hurt and then they slid downhill losing 5 of their last six or something to that effect and last season Croyle's top two recievers went down and he played with a O-line that gave up 33 sacks on the season, and to top it all off Croyle has a rocket for an arm. His release is def. not as quick as Cutler's and his injury history is by far worse, but the knock on Croyle is not his leadership or his arm strength. It's his injury history and his slight build. Really and truly nothing can be done about his injury history, but there's no doubt in my mind he could bulk up while he's sitting for a year and that would further increase his arm strength. I honestly feel that he would be a great pick up in the second round no only for his talent but also because of the value that pick would present.

well i agree with you really, i would draft Croyle in the 2nd or 3rd if he was there. but theres other reasons hes not a first rounder and cutler is besides his injury history, and i believe its his inability to make plays and carry a team.

croyle has no upside. cutler's upside is endless. what you see with croyle is what you get. with cutler, the best has yet to come.

fishypete said:
I agree....he has talent...but he ain't special. I see very little difference between him and Croyle...and unless your willing to take Croyle in the first round....you shouldn't take Cutler there either.

Here we go again Pete! :tantrum: There is more questions among NFL scouts according to the media about Young's transition to the pass-happy NFL than Cutler. Special...I'm not sure you can put that tag on anybody but D'Brick and Bush.

Skeet84 said:
I totally agree. I still don't see where Cutler is Sooo much better than Croyle either. I know I am gunna catch more flak about this, But I guess we will have to just wait and see. Just because someone has a stronger arm does not make him a better QB. It does not hurt either tho. I think that Croyle has a Good arm and he could succeed in the NFL and like said above he could very easily bulk up while he sits for a year.

I can tell you why...It's not Cutler...it's Croyle: His smallesh frame (200 lbs.) and his McNair like injury history.

Finfanforever said:
I can tell you why...It's not Cutler...it's Croyle: His smallesh frame (200 lbs.) and his McNair like injury history.

He can always bulk up so that should not be a factor. Other people have had an injury history and turned out to be ok in the NFL.

Skeet84 said:
He can always bulk up so that should not be a factor. Other people have had an injury history and turned out to be ok in the NFL.

Your right...but that's usually all it takes for someone to slide. Sometimes it's only rumours like Marino and drugs in '83.

Finfanforever said:
Here we go again Pete! :tantrum: There is more questions among NFL scouts according to the media about Young's transition to the pass-happy NFL than Cutler. Special...I'm not sure you can put that tag on anybody but D'Brick and Bush.

I love it when someone tells me something they couldn't possibly know. Lets get it straight for the last time....NO NFL SCOUTS are going to tell anyone anything about any player...before the draft. So when you read or hear ANYTHING about any player....from the media....it's from the media...not NFL scouts. NFL scouts work for NFL teams....not the fans, nor the media...and they don't get paid to talk....thats not part of their job description.

Juan Cribbs said:
croyle has no upside. cutler's upside is endless. what you see with croyle is what you get. with cutler, the best has yet to come.

Quite frankley, I wouldn't be surprised if I saw Cutler part the Red Sea or walk on water with his endless upside.

Cutler fanatics are an odd bunch. Everybody else has to be rated by what they actually did... but Cutler gets to be judged on what they think he might be able to do. Odd.

nopony said:
Cutler fanatics are an odd bunch. Everybody else has to be rated by what they actually did... but Cutler gets to be judged on what they think he might be able to do. Odd.

The same could be said for any college player, no one knows how well they'll perform at the next level. I personally judge him by what I've seen him do.

Back
Top Bottom