Who should we NOT draft.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should we NOT draft..

daniel3 said:
Quite frankley, I wouldn't be surprised if I saw Cutler part the Red Sea or walk on water with his endless upside.

:sidelol: :sidelol: Stop it! Please stop it! :sidelol: :sidelol:

fishypete said:
I love it when someone tells me something they couldn't possibly know. Lets get it straight for the last time....NO NFL SCOUTS are going to tell anyone anything about any player...before the draft. So when you read or hear ANYTHING about any player....from the media....it's from the media...not NFL scouts. NFL scouts work for NFL teams....not the fans, nor the media...and they don't get paid to talk....thats not part of their job description.

So in other words EVERYTIME the media says "according to some scouts..." their LYING ALL THE TIME. I hate to tell you Pete, if the CIA "can't keep a lid on it" neither can ALL the NFL scouts. :refuse:

nopony said:
Cutler fanatics are an odd bunch. Everybody else has to be rated by what they actually did... but Cutler gets to be judged on what they think he might be able to do. Odd.
it's common sense. if you watch the guys long enough you see who's more polished and who has more work to do with mechanics and whatnot. cutler isn't there yet, but has still looked great despite his CORRECTABLE flaws.

Juan Cribbs said:
it's common sense. if you watch the guys long enough you see who's more polished and who has more work to do with mechanics and whatnot. cutler isn't there yet, but has still looked great despite his CORRECTABLE flaws.

Oh, I know that's what Cutler fans think. And they are just darn-tootin' sure that he will overcome them all in the NFL... even though he couldn't in college, even.

And these are often the same people that think Vince Young can't possibly change anything, even though they are dead certain he should and even though, in turn, he proved it worked much more and on a higher level in college than Cutler.

But none of that matters to them.

I'll say it again.... be very, very wary of the quarterback prospect that shoots up drafts charts based on arm strength. That is bust ingredient number one.

nopony said:
Oh, I know that's what Cutler fans think. And they are just darn-tootin' sure that he will overcome them all in the NFL... even though he couldn't in college, even.

And these are often the same people that think Vince Young can't possibly change anything, even though they are dead certain he should and even though, in turn, he proved it worked much more and on a higher level in college than Cutler.

But none of that matters to them.

I'll say it again.... be very, very wary of the quarterback prospect that shoots up drafts charts based on arm strength. That is bust ingredient number one.
you're completely clueless to what makes a good pro QB.

Juan Cribbs said:
you're completely clueless to what makes a good pro QB.

:shakeno:

What a persuasive rejoinder. If you are losing an argument so badly your only reply is to insult then don't even bother to reply, just slink away.

I don't understand how every thread ends up being about Cutler....lol

Ozzy rules!!

Croyle's release is not slower than cutlers. I was at the senior bowl and he gets the ball out quick. It was very windy and croyle threw the tightest spiral that penetrated the wind better than the other qb's.

Is

Dang I did it again. Anyways I was going to ask if cutler is planning to throw at the combine. It will be interesting to see them side by side. I think croyle will surprise some people with his showing at the combine. Seeing him in person it's hard to believe your eyes that the skinny dude is throwing the ball that hard. He appeared to have the strongest arm from what I saw.

fishypete said:
I agree....he has talent...but he ain't special. I see very little difference between him and Croyle...and unless your willing to take Croyle in the first round....you shouldn't take Cutler there either.

One of the analysts said that Whitehurst will be better

1st rd - CB Jimmy Williams (too risky, has the tools but seems like a head case)
DE - Mathias Kiwanuka (doesn't impress - looks like bust material)
OT - Jonathan Scott (another boom or bust type)

2nd round - QBs Charlie Whitehurst or Omar Jacobs (both seem like busts to me)

fishypete said:
I agree....he has talent...but he ain't special. I see very little difference between him and Croyle...and unless your willing to take Croyle in the first round....you shouldn't take Cutler there either.

The difference between Croyle and Cutler is mechanics. Croyle tends to throw off his back foot a lot a la Jeff George and Heath Shuler. You can get by doing that in college, but not in the pros.

Back
Top Bottom