Who will be the steal of the draft? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will be the steal of the draft?

I absolutely agree with you on Mike Leach, there's no way in hell I would let my son go play for him if it was the only FCS scholarship he had. However, after thinking about this some more today I don't fault Wilson as much as I previously did. Kids quit on their teams all of the time but not in the literal sense. When kids transfer out to other schools for more playing time or to a different system they're still quitting on their team. Wilson just did so late in his career & decided to go pro. No different than Arthur Brown quitting the U because he wasn't smart enough to transfer back home to Kansas St, no different than all of those Penn St kids that quit for greener pastures, no different than Lache Seastrunk leaving Oregon for Baylor because he wasn't getting an PT behind James & Barner. There's still a maturity issue with Wilson, he could've/would've/should've handle the situation differently.

I mean a big part of this for me is I have very little respect for how Mike Leach operates when it comes to how he treats his student athletes. Most coaches care about their kids. I don't think he does.

I can't go up and grab a Marquess Wilson in the 2nd round even though his talent probably dictates that any more than I would've endorsed Mike Williams in the 1st round even though I consistently called him the 2nd most talented wide receiver in that Draft behind only Dez Bryant. I just think, I see the guy being put down in the 6th or 7th rounds all the time...and man that's a great value to me, bad attitude or no.

i don't think marquess wilson is falling that far as in 6th or 7th round...he's a heck of a value with a 4th round pick you're getting a 2nd round top 50 probably talent...

the guy that will fall like a stone is drick rodgers...off the field red flags all over the place and the kid couldn't even follow coaching instruction in drills at the combine...

Tyler Bray could be a good pick if he falls to the mid rounds

Not steal of the draft but someone I think will be a steal:

Kenny Stills - I think if he waited another year before coming out he'd go a lot higher, but I see him being there in the second half of the draft. His 40 time made me pay him more attention for the rest of the day and I never saw him put a ball on the ground. I've gone through all the footage I can find of him and i'm impressed. His route running could do with some work but even by his second year in the league he'll only be 22.

i don't think marquess wilson is falling that far as in 6th or 7th round...he's a heck of a value with a 4th round pick you're getting a 2nd round top 50 probably talent...

the guy that will fall like a stone is drick rodgers...off the field red flags all over the place and the kid couldn't even follow coaching instruction in drills at the combine...

He did kill all the Combine measurements aside from the 40 though. Gotta give him that. Jump metrics through the roof, shuttle, cone, everything.

Back
Top Bottom