why all the hate for ireland? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why all the hate for ireland?

LAST YEAR I was dumbfounded that anyone supported Ireland... Now I'm just numb. :bobdole:

The real question is why is there any LOVE for Ireland?

The fans have Stockholm Syndrome it is the only possible explanation for any Sparano/Ireland love. We have been held captive by this team and these cronies for so long we now have begun to love them.

Ireland is a simpleton who can scout. That is it. He can't make big picture decisions. Unlike Sparano, who is literally good for nothing, Ireland has one redeeming value in sorting out some good players from a scouting perspective. But he needs to report to a true general manager who can make big picture decisions. Ireland can say, "Hi Mr. General Manager, I found this defensive back from Montana. He might be worth a 7th rounder."

Ireland drafted corn fed Jared Odrick as a defensive line project when he already had Randy Starks and Kendall Langford. LOL. Then drafted Koa Misi as an outside linebacker when he can't rush the passer or make a play. Instead of those two very average guys, he could have had Dez Bryant or Earl Thomas. You might say he didn't like Dez's character. But that doesn't fly when he brings in Marshall, who is a walking disorder.

He drafted an alcoholic, bad character guy in Vontae Davis. He brought in Sean Smith, who no qb is scared of challenging because he can NEVER catch the ball or make a play. He somehow thinks its ok to start Brian Hartline. He listened to his meathead shop teacher of a coach to draft John Jerry when Jimmy Graham was in his back yard as a difference maker at TE.

Say what you want about Jimmy Johnson. But he understands its about bringing in guys who MAKE PLAYS.

So as long as a grown up makes the decisions, based on Ireland's data and findings, that is fine. But, that is all he is, a scout.

Ireland wanted to trade assets for crappy Kyle F*ckin Orton and then give him $10 million a year (what some of the upper QB's in the league get paid). Thank goodness Ross wanted no part of it and put a stop to Ireland's nonsense and told him he couldn't trade for Orton.

And it was his dumb idea to give Fasano a big raise and re-up that POS tight end with a new contact.. Not to mention he has agreed with Sparano advising to sign all those Dallas retreads.

After 4 years and 4 offseasons this offensive line is still a total mess, and cornfed linemen is supposed to be his "specialty". There's also a Big lack of playmakers on both sides of the ball in 4 years. He never takes any chances on greatness but would rather trade down to get additional average/mediocre players. For all the acorns turned every week there is a great lack of acorns that actually stick around (have you seen the massive list of crappy players this guy brings in during every season that amount to absolutely nothing?)

Those reasons alone is why he should be canned as well as that idiot sparano at the end of the year.

This franchise , for the first time in it's history, will have 3 straight losing seasons at the end of this embarrassing year... and all under Ireland's watch. He's garbage and his ideas are outdated by DECADES. He'll be gone, and thank your lucky stars that this idiot won't decide who our next QB will be.

I was able to watch a lot of Dalton yesterday. He is really, really good. I didn't see him being this good, but I'm not an NFL GM, Ireland is. Passing on Dalton for a C was a gigantic mistake. DT over DeMarco was also a blunder. Ireland's a bum.

So why did Jaguars, Vikings and 49ers all passed on Dalton? You would not be saying this if he had a bad year.

I don't hate Ireland, I just grade him low his first year, he earned it!! ...

IMHO .. Ireland first year = D- .... NO QB in Draft = shocking, nor in FA = unforgivable. Same for the O-Line. No wonder we can't win a game!! Dunce!! Not smart!!

As far as the Draft ... couple guys look decent, buy way to much fan blah-blah-blah like we've heard every year for 15+ years. Then a couple years later, POOF, they're all gone!! Same Draft story every year.

We shall see ... takes a couple years to see how the draft turned out. Dolphin fans should know this better than most fans ... we've been traveling down hill 15+ years & this is the 2nd time we're flirting with Oh-Fers.

Ireland has not helped in his first year, that's absolutely obvious!! NO question about that what-so-ever!!

If an owner could look in the crystal ball & see ... Team Closing-Day, then see Team Opening-Day ... NOT ONE Owner would hire Ireland for that!! No one!! That's Ireland's reality & cannot be rationalized.

I agree 1 year is too little time to judge, but the first year stunk.

I don't hate Ireland, I just grade him low his first year, he earned it!! ...

IMHO .. Ireland first year = D- .... NO QB in Draft = shocking, nor in FA = unforgivable. Same for the O-Line. No wonder we can't win a game!! Dunce!! Not smart!!

As far as the Draft ... couple guys look decent, buy way to much fan blah-blah-blah like we've heard every year for 15+ years. Then a couple years later, POOF, they're all gone!! Same Draft story every year.

We shall see ... takes a couple years to see how the draft turned out. Dolphin fans should know this better than most fans ... we've been traveling down hill 15+ years & this is the 2nd time we're flirting with Oh-Fers.

Ireland has not helped in his first year, that's absolutely obvious!! NO question about that what-so-ever!!

If an owner could look in the crystal ball & see ... Team Closing-Day, then see Team Opening-Day ... NOT ONE Owner would hire Ireland for that!! No one!! That's Ireland's reality & cannot be rationalized.

I agree 1 year is too little time to judge, but the first year stunk.
This was his second draft. Last year he drafted all captains of their college teams somehow qualifying them as top notch pro prospects. :lol:

The fans have Stockholm Syndrome it is the only possible explanation for any Sparano/Ireland love. We have been held captive by this team and these cronies for so long we now have begun to love them.

Stockholm Syndrome ... now, that's a GOOD ONE!! :sidelol:

(I said Cassel looked like Henne in another thread ... boom Stockholmed, I was roasted as a hater!!
megaroftl.gif
)

Wonder how many will get that one?? .... very few I fear, as from this thread many don't even get football!!

lmao at vontae being an alcoholic... you guys are amazing! Brandon Flowers was just spoke of this past week as a top notch corner. Brandon Flowers isnt as good as vontae davis. You people are out of your minds. Ireland has drafted solid players. If you count last season then he brought in our best playmakers in dansby, marshall, and bush. Why doensnt everyone calm down and look at the production that "his" player have brought to the table. Ireland isnt a bad gm, he's actually a damn good one.

I'm not sure what to make of Ireland. Whose decision was it to trade two #2's for Marshall? That move forced him to recoup 2nd round picks by trading back and drafting Odrick and last year trading back into the 2nd round for Thomas. I think the Marshall trade was a mistake, but Ireland did the best he could once it was made. He did the right thing by passing on Mark Ingram and Ryan Mallett, in my opinion. In hindsight, I guess he should've drafted DeMarco Murray, although he would still have had to trade up a few spots to get him.

The bottom line with Ireland is this.... He was not drafted ONE playmaker in FOUR drafts..... NOT O.N.E

lmao at vontae being an alcoholic... you guys are amazing! Brandon Flowers was just spoke of this past week as a top notch corner. Brandon Flowers isnt as good as vontae davis. You people are out of your minds. Ireland has drafted solid players. If you count last season then he brought in our best playmakers in dansby, marshall, and bush. Why doensnt everyone calm down and look at the production that "his" player have brought to the table. Ireland isnt a bad gm, he's actually a damn good one.

Sorry but Flowers is better than Vontae. Also Ireland is horrible. You want to give him credit for Marshall and Dansby? How difficult was that talent evaluation? Everyone in the league knew these guys were playmakers. Once he starts drafting playmakers then he will be a good gm. Right now he is just drafting solid players and that is why this team can't get past mediocre.

Jeez Louise ... Ireland lovers are blind & rah-rah-rationalizers. Creepy rationalization ... you brag up 4 years of drafting/FA ... & we're Oh-Fer .... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? lol (Last year was enough for me!!)

How Creepy is the ginger ... glad you asked!! Instant Classic CREEPY!! ... Now you creepy too!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z2K_v7_G8so

Back
Top Bottom