Why is everyone so high on Ronnie Brown? Educate me... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone so high on Ronnie Brown? Educate me...

shouright said:
This is a weak year for RBs though. I remember when we took Lorenzo Hampton #1, and the only RBs selected ahead of him were Ethan Horton and George Adams. There's a tendency to play up a guy because he's in a weak crowd.
Its a pretty good year for RBs.There is a lot of depth and Brown looks to be the most complete RB among the ones coming out.However if we dont take one with our first two picks there will be some very good ones available later on.

We are trying to build (or re-build) a TEAM...not a one-man show

1972 was a team........the marino years was a one man show (but... what a SHOW!!) By taking Brown we have more skills wrapped up in a rb/fb/reciever/blocker than just a flashy runner.....imo

Agua said:
Honestly, he sounds like a JJJ, minus the production.
This is what I mean -- you miss on too many of these guys. I'd rather take my chances with LaMont Jordan and draft a position that's harder to come by.

shouright said:
This is what I mean -- you miss on too many of these guys. I'd rather take my chances with LaMont Jordan and draft a position that's harder to come by.
Nobody was talking JJJ as a top 10 pick....nobody.

inFINSible said:
And OMT, I've seen a lot of FA flops, so, i don't know how you can say, "you know what you're getting".
comparatively.

a FA you've seen play in the NFL before... so you know you aren't getting a Ryan Leaf. He may not be a Barry Sanders, but you know he won't be a Leaf.....

Philter25 said:
Their signing bonuses are similar but their base salaries are no way comparable. Rookie salaries are much much more cap friendly.

Also, with the high dollar FA, you dont always know what you are getting.

See Hugh Douglas, Clinton Portis, Jeremiah Trotter, Bobby Taylor just to name a few of my FAV overpriced FA flops in the past 1-2 years.

You also dont get the mileage on a FA RB as you would with a rookie RB. They both are risks but you just need to weigh the pros and cons and see how they perform.
i don't think those guys were "flops".... they may not have produced like they did at their first teams, but they weren't flops. Portis had over 1300 yards! and that was on a crappy team...

texasPHINSfan said:
comparatively.

a FA you've seen play in the NFL before... so you know you aren't getting a Ryan Leaf. He may not be a Barry Sanders, but you know he won't be a Leaf.....
Derrius Thompson. :D

texasPHINSfan said:
i don't think those guys were "flops".... they may not have produced like they did at their first teams, but they weren't flops. Portis had over 1300 yards! and that was on a crappy team...
Ok I wont go that far to call them flops, but they were all signed as higher priced FA's, expecting to produce, teams thought they knew what they were getting, and they didnt.

inFINSible said:
Derrius Thompson. :D
ouch.

well, you got me there.... then again, derrius was never a randy moss....
his production went down respective to the suckier team he went to :)

on a brighter side, derrius has been looking good of late...

EDIT: point of interest, derrius finished this year with the EXACT
same yardage as last year: 359... of course he had 4 scores this year,
1 of which was HUGE.

texasPHINSfan said:
ouch.

well, you got me there.... then again, derrius was never a randy moss....
his production went down respective to the suckier team he went to :)

on a brighter side, derrius has been looking good of late...
:lol:...all true...all true.

Derrius has performed statistically on par with his last season with the Redskins here...he just didn't get as many opportunities because he was our #3-4 WR (if you include RM) and their #2 that year in DC.

well Phinsfan ,

the sugar bowl is 2nite and both backs (williams,Ronnie brown)
will be playing 2nite

so check them out
i well

my back sugar bowl

off-topic-the bcs payout is 14-17million per team

man they never be a college playoff with that kind of doe going around :shakeno:

It isnt the Rose Bowl, that was 2 days ago (Texas v Michigan). This is the Sugar Bowl, but everyone should be watching it to see Williams and Brown.

Back
Top Bottom