Why is everyone so high on Ronnie Brown? Educate me... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone so high on Ronnie Brown? Educate me...

DonShula84 said:
It isnt the Rose Bowl, that was 2 days ago (Texas v Michigan). This is the Sugar Bowl, but everyone should be watching it to see Williams and Brown.
....and Marcus McNeil...and Jason Campbell.

shouright said:
This is a weak year for RBs though. I remember when we took Lorenzo Hampton #1, and the only RBs selected ahead of him were Ethan Horton and George Adams. There's a tendency to play up a guy because he's in a weak crowd.

They said the same thing about last years draft class and some very good players dropped in the draft...

Steven Jackson 673 yards ... 5 yards per carry
Kevin Jones 1133 yards ... 4.7 yards per carry
Tatum Bell 396 yards ... 5.3 yards per carry
Julius Jones 819 yards ... 4.2 yards per carry
Mewelde Moore 379 yards ... 5.8 yards per carry

Chris Perry had some injury problems and then got stuck behind Rudi Johnson...but, it's too early to call him a bust.

And to think that we gave up 2 first round draft picks for Ricky...

inFINSible said:
Nobody was talking JJJ as a top 10 pick....nobody.

This time of the season back then? Yeah, they were. I well remember we were picking somewhere around 18 - 20 and people were going "NO WAY HE'D EVER FALL TO US". Now, by the time the draft rolled arond, we got him mid 2nd round. That's how quickly draft projections change, but JJJ was definitely being looked at as a pick somehwere in the 5 - 15 range by the fans.

Agua said:
This time of the season back then? Yeah, they were. I well remember we were picking somewhere around 18 - 20 and people were going "NO WAY HE'D EVER FALL TO US". Now, by the time the draft rolled arond, we got him mid 2nd round. That's how quickly draft projections change, but JJJ was definitely being looked at as a pick somehwere in the 5 - 15 range by the fans.
...and JJJ is...who? "jumping jesus jehosefat?"

texasPHINSfan said:
I have never seen him play, and maybe that is my error, but looking at stats i do not see anything absolutely "remarkable" as everyone has made him sound on here.

stats: 845 yards rushing 8 TDs 313 receiving yards 1 receiving TD

those stats aren't bad, but lets not forget thats college! everyone's stats are inflated in college.

compare that to Benson: 1764 yards rushing 19 TDs 179 receiving yards 1 receiving TD

now, i don't like Benson's me-first attitude and thus don't think we should get him, but with stats like that how does brown look more attractive than benson? I won't post every college RB stats up here, but i am sure there are droves of players who played better.

what am i missing? please educate me!
After his first run tonight, I see what the fuss is all about.

On tonights game they stated, while smaller, Cadillac is the better short yardage runner of the two. I assume its because he can angle his body to get trhough smaller holes and not take direct shots.

Sort of like Emmitt Smith did with the boys.

I like Cadillac around 12 after we trade down twice. RB's fall in the draft and if we don't sign one in FAwe can get a good one and trade down and get a bunch more picks the next two years.

Back
Top Bottom