Why is everyone so surprised? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone so surprised?

I'm confused @lurking - you assure us we'd be better off to the tune of 2 more wins at least if Tannehill was playing, yet tell someone else they're speculating when they say we'd have more wins if Tannehill was playing? I'm probably missing something :)

I never thought or expected him to play better then Tannahill , I said this at the very beginning when he was signed. This guy is atrocious, and always has been. Our QB play is the reason we're 4-4. I can assure you that if Tannehill was playing we'd be 6-2 at worst.
2,3 or 4 more wins. You don't know you're just speculating,

Compared to what the offense looks like this year without him, his value is more than apparent. I'm not just saying talent wise although the difference is 18 spots in ratings. Think about the difference between the 10th and 20th best. Although I understand what're saying, Ryan was fully part of the end of the year streak and actually getting better. A top 12 guy is pretty damn good and something we should be proud of. With this defense this year, Tannehill would finally have some real help. This team is more talented. We're somehow 4-4 with the 30th ranked QB which says something lol I don't think he's our savior but when you're comparing Jay Cutler and Tannehill, he may be a savior. I bought into the Cutler hype and now have egg on my face. It's not like I love Tannehill where I'll always defend him but this offense lost confidence, professionalism, and camaraderie which is showing on and off the field. It sucks but no need to overreact.

Ryan's QB rating last year was 93.5, witch thus far this year he would be the 25th best QB in the NFL, and Jay has a rating of 87.4 witch is good for the 29th best qb, but if we compared the ratings for the first 8 games they would be quite similar. Trust me I know this team would be be better with Ryan. I am 100% positive Ryan is better than Jay. But its insane how many are trying to say he would be magic if he was here this year. He would be getting sacked like he did in the first 5 games of last year when this team struggled almost identically to how they are struggling now. He would be good for at least one or two games where just implodes much he did last year when we lost 38-6 to the same Baltimore team that beet us 40-0.

The bottom line is we just aren't a very good team. Our o-line is horrible, we have no running game, our WRs are vastly under performing, our TE is invisable, our super rich dline has been inconsistent and is not producing what it is being paid to do, our LBs are much bettter against the run but can't cover TEs or RBs, our secondary is young and acting as such, and safety play has been inconsistent(yes even Jones,) our team has look ill prepared across the board in 3 of our 4 losses, and we shoot our selves in the foot with penalties. Oh yeah and our 2nd string QB play has been quite bad.

Pretty sure when we were 1-4 last year the offensive unit wasnt caught up to the QB in terms of the scheme.

Was to be expected though the entire team was playing a new scheme for first time. Theres always an adjustment period.

There have been downfield plays to be made that Jay Cutler is not making, that Tannehill was making last season. There have been one-hopper throws that Jay Cutler has made that Ryan Tannehill has never one-hopped in his life. There have been scramble outside of the pocket situations where Jay Cutler has been unable to convert because of athletic limitations that Ryan Tannehill has converted in the past based on athleticism.

That's why people are saying that the offense would be better with Ryan Tannehill. You can look straight at glaring flaws Jay Cutler has in 2017 and those are not big glaring flaws that Ryan Tannehill had in this same offense in 2016.

Only thing I will add is that blaming the QBs for the offensive not going no huddle is ridiculous and stupid. Go back and watch games 1-5 last season and see how the offense lines up. It's total confusion with the quarterback showing everyone individually where to line up before the snap. You see Cutler doing the same thing AGAIN this year.

Our skill players are dumber than a box of rocks.

There have been downfield plays to be made that Jay Cutler is not making, that Tannehill was making last season. There have been one-hopper throws that Jay Cutler has made that Ryan Tannehill has never one-hopped in his life. There have been scramble outside of the pocket situations where Jay Cutler has been unable to convert because of athletic limitations that Ryan Tannehill has converted in the past based on athleticism.

That's why people are saying that the offense would be better with Ryan Tannehill. You can look straight at glaring flaws Jay Cutler has in 2017 and those are not big glaring flaws that Ryan Tannehill had in this same offense in 2016.

Only thing I will add is that blaming the QBs for the offensive not going no huddle is ridiculous and stupid. Go back and watch games 1-5 last season and see how the offense lines up. It's total confusion with the quarterback showing everyone individually where to line up before the snap. You see Cutler doing the same thing AGAIN this year.

Our skill players are dumber than a box of rocks.
He's a injury prone dickwad but I've never seen Parker have to move or get re-lined up..

That's probably why the staff gleams with praise when asked about him, cause they know once he gets away from these yearly nagging things he's going to be a monster.

I'm confused @lurking - you assure us we'd be better off to the tune of 2 more wins at least if Tannehill was playing, yet tell someone else they're speculating when they say we'd have more wins if Tannehill was playing? I'm probably missing something :)
Yes I was speculating, he was stating it as a fact. After rereading it, l probably should've worded that a little differently.

Last edited:
Yes I was speculating, he was stating it as a fact. After rereading it, l probably should've worded that a little differently.

It actually is a fact that two additional wins would be expected by virtue of Tannehill's presence alone, based on league data regarding the QB position from 2004 to 2016.

Of course sometimes the unexpected happens, but that isn't what's probable.

It actually is a fact that two additional wins would be expected by virtue of Tannehill's presence alone, based on league data regarding the QB position from 2004 to 2016.

Of course sometimes the unexpected happens, but that isn't what's probable.
It's not a fact, but keep telling yourself that.

Ryan's QB rating last year was 93.5, witch thus far this year he would be the 25th best QB in the NFL, and Jay has a rating of 87.4 witch is good for the 29th best qb, but if we compared the ratings for the first 8 games they would be quite similar. Trust me I know this team would be be better with Ryan. I am 100% positive Ryan is better than Jay. But its insane how many are trying to say he would be magic if he was here this year. He would be getting sacked like he did in the first 5 games of last year when this team struggled almost identically to how they are struggling now. He would be good for at least one or two games where just implodes much he did last year when we lost 38-6 to the same Baltimore team that beet us 40-0.

The bottom line is we just aren't a very good team. Our o-line is horrible, we have no running game, our WRs are vastly under performing, our TE is invisable, our super rich dline has been inconsistent and is not producing what it is being paid to do, our LBs are much bettter against the run but can't cover TEs or RBs, our secondary is young and acting as such, and safety play has been inconsistent(yes even Jones,) our team has look ill prepared across the board in 3 of our 4 losses, and we shoot our selves in the foot with penalties. Oh yeah and our 2nd string QB play has been quite bad.

I don't believe we're just bad team. We are pretty good with penalties except for last week. He would be 13th or 14th in ratings if the season were to end today but more than likely QBs ratings will get worse as the season goes along. The first 9 ratings are players that threw one or 2 passes, or Bradford who has 43 attempts 124.4 rating, Mallet has a 103.1 rating on 16 attempts (ranked 15th), Fitzpatrick has a 95.7 rating on 48 attempts (ranked 23rd). So really if you look at the ratings, Tannehill would have the 13th or 14th rating. Our D-Line is the reason we're so good against the run and has done it's part this year. I think just like you're speculating that he wouldn't turn this around is the same as someone saying he would. It's so much more than pure stats. If it were, Alex Smith is the best QB in the NFL. For everyone saying we're not a very good team, 4-4 is actually pretty good with the Qbs we have now. Realistically, did anyone think we'd be a game out of the playoffs halfway through the season with Cutle? There's no question there's some fixing to do but don't you possibly believe all the issues you stated above somehow correlate not only with each other but also not having Tannehill. Bad Oline= bad run game or no threat from QB, Underperforming receivers=QB talent and camaraderie, and the main thing preparation. I've never seen us so ill-prepared with Tannehill at the helm. Even his rookie year our offense didn't this bad. It's bad with Cutler. I think Drake will get a real shot at starting and besides the fumble, I thought he played very well (quick, fast, legs never stop, can catch with the best of em). We didn't have a running game before trading Ajayi so I think that move might be the type where both teams win. Time will tell brother. All we want is the same thing...WIN!! PHINS UP!!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...ference=null&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING

I don't believe we're just bad team. We are pretty good with penalties except for last week. He would be 13th or 14th in ratings if the season were to end today but more than likely QBs ratings will get worse as the season goes along. The first 9 ratings are players that threw one or 2 passes, or Bradford who has 43 attempts 124.4 rating, Mallet has a 103.1 rating on 16 attempts (ranked 15th), Fitzpatrick has a 95.7 rating on 48 attempts (ranked 23rd). So really if you look at the ratings, Tannehill would have the 13th or 14th rating. Our D-Line is the reason we're so good against the run and has done it's part this year. I think just like you're speculating that he wouldn't turn this around is the same as someone saying he would. It's so much more than pure stats. If it were, Alex Smith is the best QB in the NFL. For everyone saying we're not a very good team, 4-4 is actually pretty good with the Qbs we have now. Realistically, did anyone think we'd be a game out of the playoffs halfway through the season with Cutle? There's no question there's some fixing to do but don't you possibly believe all the issues you stated above somehow correlate not only with each other but also not having Tannehill. Bad Oline= bad run game or no threat from QB, Underperforming receivers=QB talent and camaraderie, and the main thing preparation. I've never seen us so ill-prepared with Tannehill at the helm. Even his rookie year our offense didn't this bad. It's bad with Cutler. I think Drake will get a real shot at starting and besides the fumble, I thought he played very well (quick, fast, legs never stop, can catch with the best of em). We didn't have a running game before trading Ajayi so I think that move might be the type where both teams win. Time will tell brother. All we want is the same thing...WIN!! PHINS UP!!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...ference=null&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING
But Cutler would still be only 4 spots behind him and 6 rating points behind Ryan.

He's a injury prone dickwad but I've never seen Parker have to move or get re-lined up..

That's probably why the staff gleams with praise when asked about him, cause they know once he gets away from these yearly nagging things he's going to be a monster.

IIRC at the beginning of last season, basically everyone needed help lining up. The amount of traffic management the QB had to do before the snap was absurd. He was basically pushing multiple guys to their spots before every play.

It's not a fact, but keep telling yourself that.

Fact-a thing that is indisputably the case

Speculation- the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

I think you're right lol Not pointing out anyone especially because I speculated Cutler would do well as a Fin based on the theory of him having great receivers (my opinion), Gase as coach (opinion), running game (opinion), and my blind optimism (homer thinking got to me). As it turns out, my theory is wrong even with a decent amount of "evidence" of why I thought he'd succeed. A fact is a fact. It cannot be disputed. Tannehill could have added 4 more wins or who knows? His knee would have been a mess so maybe he would make us worse. Very doubtful but that's why it's pure speculation rather than a fact.

Fact-a thing that is indisputably the case

Speculation- the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

I think you're right lol Not pointing out anyone especially because I speculated Cutler would do well as a Fin based on the theory of him having great receivers (my opinion), Gase as coach (opinion), running game (opinion), and my blind optimism (homer thinking got to me). As it turns out, my theory is wrong even with a decent amount of "evidence" of why I thought he'd succeed. A fact is a fact. It cannot be disputed. Tannehill could have added 4 more wins or who knows? His knee would have been a mess so maybe he would make us worse. Very doubtful but that's why it's pure speculation rather than a fact.
Agreed, that's all we're doing is speculating, except for one poster who thinks everything he says is fact.

But Cutler would still be only 4 spots behind him and 6 rating points behind Ryan.

Ya that is true. Cutler doesn't add the threat of running which is something Tannehill is one of the best at which opens up the offense a ton. Cutler had a hell of a game vs the Raiders which probably moved him up 10 points (just a guess with those stats). At the same time, Cutler didn't have to go into Baltimore and get destroyed like we did with Tannehill. He probably wouldn't have fared that much better than Moore but def a step up. Stats aside, the offense just looks lost without any sense of urgency. As you know, stats are deceitful. Cutlers play this year is proof of that.

Back
Top Bottom