why is Oline the priority and not WR? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why is Oline the priority and not WR?

Mike Wallace getting hurt is probably more devastating than Albert getting hurt, if you want to think of it that way.

Do explain. I couldn't disagree more. Losing Wallace would suck, a lot. But who the hell plays LT without Albert? Please do not say they are plug and play. PLEASE do not say that

Yes, our OL is a flaming turd, but we should still be looking for upgrades at WR. Most of the guys we have would be nothing but 3rd, or 4th options on other teams.

Youre off topic here. "Still looking for upgrades" =/= "Priority". Are you retracting your initial assessment that WR is a priority over OL?

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Mike Wallace getting hurt is probably more devastating than Albert getting hurt, if you want to think of it that way.
Yeah, not even close to be honest with you.

Albert is more important then wallace if we debate which injury would be worse. Look at last year if you are curious what Albert getting injured would look like

It's about who is available at #19. If BPA is WR then fine. If it's OL then so be it.

A good GM can find starting quality OL in the third and fourth rounds while also taking potential playmakers high. I'd like to see if we have a good GM.

What makes the original poster's question even more valid is the talent at the wide receiver position in this draft. A lot of mocks have six wide receivers going in R1. The Dolphins trio of Wallace, Hartline and Gibson isn't terrible but the team should IMO add a high quality receiver in this draft. That could be in the first or second round.

The team could, conceivably, fix the offensive line AND get a dynamic wide receiver.

We have 2 high priorities: OL and MLB

WR is still a second priority. Its important we draft a WR. Maybe 3rd round.

O-line is a bigger priority right now because there is a hole in 2 spots. There is currently no one on the roster that we can trust to take snaps at RG or RT. The cupboard is empty. At least at WR, we have multiple receivers that have given us production.

I think ppl forget that RT was 10th in passing yards last year, while also getting sacked the most times.

Lamar Miller barely broke 700 yards.

In my mind there are 3 things we had to fix this offseason:-

1-offensive line
2-run offense
3-run defence

I don't think we have handle FA as well as we could have but I do think the additions of Lazor and Benton will make a huge difference. We have to hit on O'line in draft day 1 and we have to get a natural MLB and run stopping DT.

Wallace is a number 1 receiver. Maybe not the best but still a solid 1. Same goes with Hartline for a 2 and Gibson for a 3 and hell we got decent TE play as well. Our o-line was pathetic and far far worse than our receivers or any position for that matter. Not sure I follow the op's question.

Once again, all I want is for us not to reach at 19 for a project or injured player to play RT. If. A good RT falls to us then great. If not then take a LB, TE or WR and come back to oline later. Honestly I hope we move down and pick oline plus get an extra pick

I think most people have already said this....

Even if one thinks the WRs on this team are "pedestrian", they are still light years better (comparatively) then the offensive line we have right now.

Let me explain. I know what happened last year. I also know we need to get better up front. We need to draft at least 1 olineman or 2. Having said that, the biggest problem we've had for years now it's not scoring enough points. Points in the NFL come from the passing game. So, imo we need guys that can score TDs. A guy I like is Kelvin Benjamin. The guy can be a beast. He needs some work but the tools are there. We have nobody like him on the roster. He could be the target we've been missing for years. I'd take a TD maker over a RT at 19.

You had me until you said Kelvin Benjamin. That dude is going to look like a blimp after three paychecks. Trust me.

It's easy. Compare our players to Green Bay's. Where are we lacking? It's pretty obvious that Philbin wants GB south in Miami. We need a killer TE. Maybe the Sefferian guy. Imagine a quick Sef and Clay with Gibson, Hartline, Wallace. Someone would be making plays.
What is Lazor's style/ Does he like TE's, speedy WR's.?
I like Hickey so far, and I believe now that he has his opportunity to put his name on 2014, he will take advantage of it. In Hickey I trust!

I usually trust people that have proven they can be trusted. Hickey has done extremely little to have garnered trust. If you trust him and he has done nothing, then I have a house on a shakey hill in the desert for sale. Are you trusting him on faith?

Back
Top Bottom