Why Not Ryan Mallet??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Not Ryan Mallet???

I love how judgemental people are! Classic, a lot of people already have their minds made up because what? A rumour and the way he speaks, lol! Must be the most effective way to judge a NFL prospect.

We would be lucky as hell if R.Mallett is available at 15 to select this kid, slang, coke and all!!!

If he falls and we pass on him at 15, i will be soo pissed at this FO. It would be ANOTHER great QB we passed up on

If he falls and we pass on him at 15, i will be soo pissed at this FO. It would be ANOTHER great QB we passed up on

If Ireland passes on Mallett at 15, then you know he's just looking out for his own short term job security instead of the franchise's best long term interests (as a GM should be). Either that, or that Mallett's mom must be too slutty.

Mallett's had a great combine and is NFL ready. Ireland would be stupid to pass him up. Newton has looked awful.

The problem is Kaepernick is too much of a reach at 15 but won't make it to the 3rd round. And his release is kind of a wind-up. I'd just me more comfortable taking Mallett at 15.
I would take Mallett too, I'm just saying that Kaepernick looked pretty good.

The problem is Kaepernick is too much of a reach at 15 but won't make it to the 3rd round. And his release is kind of a wind-up. I'd just me more comfortable taking Mallett at 15.

Dude Mallett is a reach at 15 so is Kaepernick, we can trade down and still get Mallett and then we can probably trade down again and still get him. U don't use our number 15 on hope especially that kind of hope. They need safer value as the team has plenty of needs. Miami must trade down in the draft either to pick a wr Torrey Smith from Maryland or a tackle like the one from wisconsin Gabe or even a pass rusher. Mallett is MAJOR reach at 15. No one will put a 1st round grade on his head. I would prefer ponder in the second or Mallett.

Just a question for anyone wanting Mallett if the Phins pass up at 15 what QB needy team will pick him in the 1st????

Can't think of any

How, if Mallet is considered as our solution to our QB problems, a reach @ 15?

"Reach" is an overused word at draft time. If you think the guy is worth the pick and no one else does, **** them, you take him. Jacksonville was widely panned for taking Tyson Alualu too high last year, but they got a good player. It wasn't a mistake.

Draft picks do not have a consistent value up and down the draft. The trade chart makes it seem that way but it's a false perception. Draft picks are only as valuable as what you spend them on. If you get a good player at 15 and the team at 16 picks a turd, your selection was not worth just one slot higher. It's worth much more than that.

I don't like Mallett very much as a prospect. Nor do I like Kaepernick. But if you think the guy could turn out to be a franchise player and you trade down ten spots or so because you think it's a reach at 15, then you're dumb. And you'll be out of a job pretty shortly.

If this last decade has taught us anything, its you dont get to cute when it comes to drafting a quarterback. If you feel that Mallet can be "your guy" then you take him immediately and laugh the rest of the draft away. If a quarterback drops to you that you love, its never a "reach".

I still have reservations about Mallet. I have been very encouraged lately, but i still don't want to declare him a franchise player. Despite that, if he continues to do well i see no reason why we shouldnt draft him at 15...if given the chance.

How, if Mallet is considered as our solution to our QB problems, a reach @ 15?

Because Mike Mayock said so [/sarcasm]

Anyone notice what they said about belicheck? He doesn't get caught up in the hype of where guys "should" be drafted. He has his board and that's the only projections he cares about

I have watched him since he transferred here and have always loved him. Granted, he is stupid and likes to party, but does well on the blackboard drawing up plays. He has great football smarts, I just hate hearing him give an interview.

I think if we trade back in the 1st round if no one we want/need is there when we pick, we should take a strong look at him in the late 1st/early 2nd

the balls pretty much on fire out of mallets hand...kid was born to toss the damn pigskin...that's for sure...sounded like a gun going off when wrs hands touched the ball when he unloaded those bullets

if he's cleared off the field i'm absolutely on board

the balls pretty much on fire out of mallets hand...kid was born to toss the damn pigskin...that's for sure...sounded like a gun going off when wrs hands touched the ball when he unloaded those bullets

if he's cleared off the field i'm absolutely on board

Oh, you are such an Arm Strength Queen. :chuckle:

Oh, you are such an Arm Strength Queen. :chuckle:

well you got me right there...i LOVE a gun...but the kid made a ton of plays in the sec the last 2 years so there's a pretty high all round talent and production level there also to lean on...

Back
Top Bottom