Why Not Ryan Mallet??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Not Ryan Mallet???

He's worth the gamble IMO.

If he busts, he busts. Our QB situation will be no worse than what it is now. But if he is a success, then we will be a playoff contender for the next 10 or so years.

He's worth the gamble IMO.
If he busts, he busts. Our QB situation will be no worse than what it is now. But if he is a success, then we will be a playoff contender for the next 10 or so years.

BINGO

There's no reason not to gamble b/c fixing the rest of the team without finding a QB is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. We gotta find our franchise QB at all costs - and then we can start filling holes.

9 teams ahead of us have a need to take a QB :

1 Panthers
3 Bills
4 Bengals
5 Arizona
6 Browns
7 49ers
8 Titans
9 Redskins
12 Vikings

Most if not all of us agree Mallett will not go in the top 5, so that brings the total down to 5 teams that have a need for a QB:

6 Browns- They have QB Colt M. who played fairly well and this may be to high for the Mallett pick, considering some have Mallett going in the 2nd RD.
7 49ers-
8 Titans-
9 Redskins
12 Vikings

If Mallett makes it past 12 he will be available at 15.

Also gotta remember there is possibly gonna be a rookie wage scale so the financial investment won't be as much as in the past so we can def. take a gamble on the guy and if he bust well at least it won't set us back quite as much as in past years

9 teams ahead of us have a need to take a QB :

1 Panthers
3 Bills
4 Bengals
5 Arizona
6 Browns
7 49ers
8 Titans
9 Redskins
12 Vikings

Most if not all of us agree Mallett will not go in the top 5, so that brings the total down to 5 teams that have a need for a QB:

6 Browns- They have QB Colt M. who played fairly well and this may be to high for the Mallett pick, considering some have Mallett going in the 2nd RD.
7 49ers-
8 Titans-
9 Redskins
12 Vikings

If Mallett makes it past 12 he will be available at 15.

And hopefully VY, McNabb and Kolb fill 3 of those vacancies for QB needy teams drafting ahead of us.

I think Mallet should be our first target, with Kaeperick being the plan B.

I just don't get why anyone would move Mallett up their board after this combine. Throwing well was a completely inevitability for him, just as running fast was an inevitability for a guy like Ricardo Lockett. Mallett has rare arm strength and good accuracy, but we knew that going in, right?

I was thinking the same thing. It's amazing how much stock fans put into a seemingly meaningless thing like the combine compared to game tape. Before the combine, very few people wanted Mallett at all at 15, now everyone is going to be "pissed" if we dont take him lol. The guy looks great throwing the ball with no pass rush and in shorts, something everyone should have already known. He's amazingly un athletic, again something people should have already known. His problem, much like Henne, is decision making and moving in the pocket and dealing with pressure. Mallett does seem to have much better accuracy throwing downfield than Henne but they definitely have some similiarities. Fans put way too much stock into the combine. My QB rankings are unchanged: 1)Gabbert, Mallett, Newton, Locker...same as before the Fanbine.

P.King is reporting Cinci will entertain trade offers for C.Palmer after the CBA gets done, something else to add to the QB drama surrounding the draft.

P.King is reporting Cinci will entertain trade offers for C.Palmer after the CBA gets done, something else to add to the QB drama surrounding the draft.

Palmer's arm is shot - stick a fork in him. I sure as hell hope this regime doesn't trade for one of these vet QBs (Palmer, VY or McNabb). It's time to draft our own franchise QB - at all costs.

Mallet will be the 2nd or 3rd QB taken off the board in the top 10. Unless we trade up, we will have no shot at him.
Just my gut feeling.

Ryan Mallet is better than Matt Ryan, better than Schaub better than 20 QB starters in the league. He is a borderline elite, top 10-15 QB.

Ryan Mallet is better than Matt Ryan, better than Schaub better than 20 QB starters in the league. He is a borderline elite, top 10-15 QB.
Hasnt Mallet already been nominated as a 1st ballot HOF for the 2027 class? I know I read that somewhere on twitter.
Chubbs

Hasnt Mallet already been nominated as a 1st ballot HOF for the 2027 class? I know I read that somewhere on twitter.
Chubbs
Must've been my tweet. I'm on board. Mallet for HOF.

Back
Top Bottom