Why Not Ryan Mallet??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Not Ryan Mallet???

cant seem to shake the marino comparison with this guy. 15 is def no reach for this guy been on the newton wagon but now straddling both almost completely over to mallets. unlike alot of people i like the guys attitude again kinda reminds me of a young ****y marino

Dude Mallett is a reach at 15 so is Kaepernick, we can trade down and still get Mallett and then we can probably trade down again and still get him. U don't use our number 15 on hope especially that kind of hope. They need safer value as the team has plenty of needs. Miami must trade down in the draft either to pick a wr Torrey Smith from Maryland or a tackle like the one from wisconsin Gabe or even a pass rusher. Mallett is MAJOR reach at 15. No one will put a 1st round grade on his head. I would prefer ponder in the second or Mallett.
Just a question for anyone wanting Mallett if the Phins pass up at 15 what QB needy team will pick him in the 1st???? Can't think of any

You're worried about Mallett being a reach at 15 but yet you want to use a 1st rounder on Derrius Heyward-Bay.....errrr.....I mean Torrey Smith?!?! Another raw speed WR/KR like Ginn in round 1?!?!? Even if he's not a bust, what good is it gonna do if we don't have a QB?

WE'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE UNTIL WE FIND A FRANCHISE QB.

I like Ponder too but the injury history scares me. I'll say this - I like Ponder enough to take him in the 3rd EVEN IF we already took Mallett in round 1. Ponder would be great insurance and a great backup at the very least. THAT'S HOW BADLY WE NEED TO DRAFT QBs!

If Mallett drops to us at 15 and continues this Combine tear, he would be a smart pick there.

If he is not there at 15, trade down and get Kaepernick.

We need to put some actual work toward solving this position.

I just don't get why anyone would move Mallett up their board after this combine. Throwing well was a completely inevitability for him, just as running fast was an inevitability for a guy like Ricardo Lockett. Mallett has rare arm strength and good accuracy, but we knew that going in, right?

I prefer trading down and nabbing Kaepernick. He has great physical tools, Mallett, but he doesnt exactly come off as a Tom Brady in work ethic and personality but hey who knows the team will do their job and if he's a complete ******* they probably wont draft him

IMHO its going to come down to job security here for our draft, if jeff really just wants to save his own butt for job security this will be one of the safest, blandest drafts we will see....if he cares about winning, it will be a dangerous but exciting draft for us

If Mallet is available at 15, our front office will pass on him for sure because they don't have the guts to pick a QB be in the 1st rd. They will draft some rag armed bench warmer in the 3rd Rd because they think it's safer. I think we go OL, TE, DL, CB or LB in the 1st Rd and then mostly offense the rest of the draft.

I think Mallet is the best QB in this draft and is going to be a great pro if he can keep his drug use and poor work ethic in check. :)) We don't have any QB on this team that can sling it like this guy. He's got what it takes to be a starter after Henne stinks it up the in the first few games next year. It's fun to dream..

If Mallet is available at 15, our front office will pass on him for sure because they don't have the guts to pick a QB be in the 1st rd. They will draft some rag armed bench warmer in the 3rd Rd because they think it's safer. I think we go OL, TE, DL, CB or LB in the 1st Rd and then mostly offense the rest of the draft.

I think Mallet is the best QB in this draft and is going to be a great pro if he can keep his drug use and poor work ethic in check. :)) We don't have any QB on this team that can sling it like this guy. He's got what it takes to be a starter after Henne stinks it up the in the first few games next year. It's fun to dream..

I disagree with you there I think if we take Mallet he comes in and wins the job outright and is the starter day one. For all the talk about Mallets bad attitude and not being a leader he sure has a lot of teamates coming to bat for him. If he was such a terrible guy these guys could all just keep quiet and not saying anything good or bad about him.

He has a million dollar arm, but a five cent head. If he comes in with something to prove... Great! Otherwise it's "danger Will Robinson"

and when the game is on the line he pulls a henne to often. ...............:lol::lol::lol:

<insert QB name here> <insert random finheaven members name here> insists that <QB mentioned> sucks and that we shouldn't <draft/trade for> <Qb Mentioned>. No pleasing some people.

I disagree with you there I think if we take Mallet he comes in and wins the job outright and is the starter day one. For all the talk about Mallets bad attitude and not being a leader he sure has a lot of teamates coming to bat for him. If he was such a terrible guy these guys could all just keep quiet and not saying anything good or bad about him.

I can't argue that. But, If he's available at 15 I think Ireland's backside clinches really tight and he picks an OL. If by some miracle we do pick him I think he COULD start from day one, assuming Sparano would allow this to happen..

<insert QB name here> <insert random finheaven members name here> insists that <QB mentioned> sucks and that we shouldn't <draft/trade for> <Qb Mentioned>. No pleasing some people.

LOL this is very true. In defense of our Finheaven crew, this is a very tough QB bunch to rate. All of them have some apparent issues along with some very strong strengths. Personally, I'll take Gabbert, Newton or Mallet. Locker would have me square in "he sucks" category, but after more than a decade of garbage QB's I don't know that I even go crazy if we pick him.

Back
Top Bottom