With the 11th pick, the Jaguars select....Dolphins need to shake things up. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 11th pick, the Jaguars select....Dolphins need to shake things up.

You understand that with that defense and run game josh Allen could work from the advantage of just about all pa and primary read throws right?

We are gonna have to differ on if that kid can execute in that ideal environment for the qb in Jax

I'm not talking to the op, yeah, allen could be good in the jags sceme. I'm talking to dooger who apparently thinks WE, a spread offense should draft allen.

Imo, allen fits a power running, blocking game with towers on the flanks and double TEs.

An offense where you don't make many decisions, you are just big, evade the rush, and force it to your primary on a broken play and the big arm would go a long way.

I'm not talking to the op, yeah, allen could be good in the jags sceme. I'm talking to dooger who apparently thinks WE, a spread offense should draft allen.

Imo, allen fits a power running, blocking game with towers on the flanks and doble TEs.

An offense where you don't make many decisions, you are just big, evade the rush, and force it to your primary on a broken play and the big arm would go a long way.

We are pre snap and progression read based more than we are anything else. Minus the zone read post snap stuff and pistol occasional looks

It would be a bit of a projection could he run our offense but unlike a lot of these qbs coming out he has worked from under center and there’s no reason to think 3 5 and 7 step timing routes would be out with josh Allen.

But yeah he needs a lot of primary reads and deeper route shots off pa where he can unleash that howlitzer. A true vertical style offense provided you can limit the read ask and stay in games scoreboard wise with the defense.

You can also implement some zone read cause he’s a pretty good athlete for his size. Bet he runs sub 4.85

One thing people underestimate about bortles is he does climb the pocket well vs wide pressure.

That makes a difference when the left tackle is more built for the run game and pa and that’s what the Jax left tackle is

Yeah, he's big too. Big guys don't get happy feet. They just step away.

Idk why but this conversation made me think of the Culpeper, Brees, saban fiasco. I came to the conclusion the drs. were right all along and that wasn't even culpepper's knee that ruined it.

He just never had it between the ears and our supporting cast wasn't good enough and frerrotte was just a better QB. Sadly.

Saban just put him in IR to save face and went with joey harrington.

The knee injury is irrelevant. Please tell me the number of QBs in recent years where a knee injury has detailed their careers this early in their career.

QBs that perform well for years without team playoff success are not uncommon. Ryan, Rivers, Stafford, etc etc. Evaluate the player as the Dolphins have done and you don’t draft a QB.
RG III?

There aren't many historical examples of teams having a 30 year old QB going into his 6th year with a team who has never crossed the threshold into elite status, never guided a team to a playoff or playoff win, having lost an entire year to a knee injury which was reaggravated from a prior knee injury. I like Tannehill, but let's not pretend he's a sure thing. Drafting a high ceiling QB at 11 wouldn't merely be insurance, it would be investment.

QBs tend to retain some of their value, unlike other positions. Josh Allen is a good prospect. I wouldn't draft just any QB in the first round... I certainly wouldn't suggest trading up for one right now. It's just that with this particular player, at that draft slot, with this current situation, I think it makes more sense than trading away the pick...

It's likely a moot point as I don't think Allen will be there at 11.

It's a moot point because Miami won't draft a R1 QB

Rg3's problem wasn't his knee. It was the fear that and other injuries brought up on him. He no longer wanted to run the option and he just never had the brains to be any other type of passer.

So, one then? This is the large body of evidence that should lead the team to waste a draft pick? Also RGIII had a knee injury in college and was done in by his inability to adapt to the pro game.

The best example is Bridgewater. But, his injury was life threatening and known to be potentially career ending immediately.

Flacco, Palmer, Brady, Bradford all had ACL surgery.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/08/nfl-quarterbacks-acl-injuries-teddy-bridgewater-joe-flacco

I'd rather have Baker Mayfield but I do not think another QB is the answer right now.

I will waste my time as always and say "get a stud running back".

Now, let the talk about a 6th WR start.....

Show me the proof that Tannenbaum has succeeded in any of the three scenarios. Name the elite player he drafted.

You're changing your premise. You said we should not trade back because we did it before, grabbing Odrick and Misi and passing on players that were more successful. That is different than this comment of not trusting our FO to pick the right players whether we move back, forward or stay pat...

You're changing your premise. You said we should not trade back because we did it before, grabbing Odrick and Misi and passing on players that were more successful. That is different than this comment of not trusting our FO to pick the right players whether we move back, forward or stay pat...
Its the same front office. Grier was here when we made those picks. At 11 we at least have a better chance that they get lucky and pick a good player rather than dropping back and guaranteeing they pick two mediocre players.

Its the same front office. Grier was here when we made those picks. At 11 we at least have a better chance that they get lucky and pick a good player rather than dropping back and guaranteeing they pick two mediocre players.

My point is that Im not going to argue how well our FO will pick in the different scenarios while I will argue the general idea that we should not trade down because it did not work out previously. I will say that I'm happy with the outlook of the last two drafts.

I'd say the last two drafts have been solid but still waiting for at least ONE player to be an all pro. Yes I know is early and we have some candidates but to be consider a great draft you need at least one real star or two. Time will tell

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom