With the 11th pick, the Jaguars select....Dolphins need to shake things up. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 11th pick, the Jaguars select....Dolphins need to shake things up.

Show me the proof that Tannenbaum has succeeded in any of the three scenarios. Name the elite player he drafted.

I am not a Tannenbaum fan whatsoever but he has drafted elite players in NY. I get what your saying about "the same front office" but it's different people pulling the trigger than years past. scouts and personnel directors make recommendations but that doesn't mean the GM will pull the trigger. That being said, I'm still waiting for the elite players and am not sold on the FO. Especially in FA, contracts and trades.

So you want to wait until Tannehill is 37 or 38 years old?

That's why I don't mind being criticized around here. Keep it up. Multiply by dozens. My logic will hold up fairly well in comparison.

Just a guess.

Josh Allen would be the most intriguing draft pick in recent franchise history. I could support it, even though I'm not fully convinced on Allen. His arm is phenomenal. Big play potential from anywhere on the field. His touch is not ideal. He is athletic but not always aware in the pocket. His completion percentage is stalled in the 56-57% area.

It would be a gamble on greatness. It's about time this franchise tries that type of thing. Unlike Tannehill who moved up the draft boards late, there were many early mocks drafts last offseason that had Josh Allen going number one or two. But he suffered this season since his best skill position helpers from 2016 had graduated. Wyoming gradually had to alter its style during 2017, becoming more physical on both sides of the ball. It paid off with the bowl victory.
Yeah Awsi his touch scares me, his inabiiity to innately adjust his velocity scares me.

I like our team, I really like the QB and Coach, I believe they can accomplish great things. I believe Ryan Tannehill will come back better than ever but acknowledge that because of his injury it's possible that doesn't happen. Either way we benefit greatly for being the team acquiring multiple premium draft picks to assist someone else to get their QB. Unlike Cleveland and Buffalo who have recently made they types of trades, we already have own franchise QB.

If your response is that Miami should be the team taking a QB at 11, this thread isn't for you.

The Jaguars have a great defense and as physically talented a RB as I've seen this millennium.

They will likely possess the 29th and 61st pick this year. Obviously you'd have to assume their 2019 pick, as an amateur handicapper I'll put their 2019 O/U for wins at 9.5, projecting they have the 21st pick.

Josh Allen is available at 11 and the Jags offer what......to make you say yes.

29th, 61st, 2019 1st and 3rd. This type of deal would likely require us sending back a 4th and 5th over the next two drafts.

All day long. Take it and run.

Idk why but this conversation made me think of the Culpeper, Brees, saban fiasco. I came to the conclusion the drs. were right all along and that wasn't even culpepper's knee that ruined it.

He just never had it between the ears and our supporting cast wasn't good enough and frerrotte was just a better QB. Sadly.

Saban just put him in IR to save face and went with joey harrington.
Saban was stupid. You can't blame him for heeding the docs' cautions on Brees, but you can blame him for picking Dullpecker as the consolation prize. Before he went down in MN, without Randy Moss and now lacking mobility to scramble until someone like Moss got open, he was very pedestrian. Throw in his reluctance to be rehabbed in Mpls under team doctors' supervision instead self-re-habbing in a gym in a strip shopping center in Orlando, and you really have an asswipe whose main attribute, mobility, no longer existed. I totally fault Saban for him.

Saban was stupid. You can't blame him for heeding the docs' cautions on Brees, but you can blame him for picking Dullpecker as the consolation prize. Before he went down in MN, without Randy Moss and now lacking mobility to scramble until someone like Moss got open, he was very pedestrian. Throw in his reluctance to be rehabbed in Mpls under team doctors' supervision instead self-re-habbing in a gym in a strip shopping center in Orlando, and you really have an ******* whose main attribute, mobility, no longer existed. I totally fault Saban for him.

Yeah. I guess since he had won with that type of QB in college (and keeps doing so) he thought he could win with Culpepper.

And when he realized this wasn't college and that he'd be the league's laughinstock after that he decided to go back to college and be a god and win it all with the Jalen Hurts of the world.

You could easily see Culpepper was his type of QB since LSU.

I really think he made the choice and then blamed the drs and the knee. I remember Culpepper actually finished and stunk through two games without an apparent limp other than just not being THAT good avoiding the rush. Then they just IRed him and said the knee was swollen.

I'm glad we've moved away from the power offenses we were stuck with for so long.

Not that Philbin/Gase have amounted to much but GB didn't become what it is in 6 years.

We could also be in play for picks 14, 15, 16, 21, 22. We don't have to go directly to #29.

Certainly, and that would be more likely the way we go.

Of course I wanted the future 1st round pick and thought Jax would be the only avenue to acquiring one.

This certainly appears to be one of the better years to be picking 11th with the potential for 4 QB's to go to top 10 or 3 go top 10 and one goes 11th.....;)

Kirk Cousins will be a big factor in figuring out who goes where potentially.

I do think the positional needs we have, which are many but not fundamental would be better covered by trading down and liquidating assets than by drafting, re-signing or signing the 'best' players.

Slot WR, TE, power RB, FS, WLB, LE is not the same as if we needed QB, LT, boundary WR, boundary CB, RE and RDT.

Which we may, next year, just not now.

In 2010 the Miami Dolphins had the 12th pick in the draft but decided to trade down with San Diego picking up San Diego's 28th pick and 40th pick (2nd round pick). We picked up Jared Odrick and Koa Misi with those two picks and in the process passed up on elite talent in Earl Thomas, Demaryius Thomas and Dez Bryant (for some). So you think it worked out so well you'd like to do it again?

Pass.

THIS! Could not agree more

At this point, we'll see who rises/falls, 2018 looks like a great draft to move down. If Miami continues to alternate between singles and strikeouts in the 1st and 2nd, it won't matter, but as of January, this Top 10 looks like the worst since 2013.

I'm fine with drafting a QB in the 1st, just not a depth QB at 11. If you take one at 11, its because you think there is a lot of risk with RT returning to form, and you have a QB prospect that can surpass RT's skills set in a few years.

And just an FYI, the 11th player drafted will likely earn about $4M/year for 4 years. If you are taking a depth QB, you better be comfortable paying a backup $4m/year.

I'm fine with drafting a QB in the 1st, just not a depth QB at 11. If you take one at 11, its because you think there is a lot of risk with RT returning to form, and you have a QB prospect that can surpass RT's skills set in a few years.

And just an FYI, the 11th player drafted will likely earn about $4M/year for 4 years. If you are taking a depth QB, you better be comfortable paying a backup $4m/year.
Haven't we been paying MM that much?

Ozzy rules!!

Idk why but this conversation made me think of the Culpeper, Brees, saban fiasco. I came to the conclusion the drs. were right all along and that wasn't even culpepper's knee that ruined it.

He just never had it between the ears and our supporting cast wasn't good enough and frerrotte was just a better QB. Sadly.

Saban just put him in IR to save face and went with joey harrington.

Frerotte gave us as good a QB year in 05 as Pennington did in 08 and Tannehill did in 16 IMO. Letting Frerotte walk was just another of the great satan's failures.

I like our team, I really like the QB and Coach, I believe they can accomplish great things. I believe Ryan Tannehill will come back better than ever but acknowledge that because of his injury it's possible that doesn't happen. Either way we benefit greatly for being the team acquiring multiple premium draft picks to assist someone else to get their QB. Unlike Cleveland and Buffalo who have recently made they types of trades, we already have own franchise QB.

If your response is that Miami should be the team taking a QB at 11, this thread isn't for you.

The Jaguars have a great defense and as physically talented a RB as I've seen this millennium.

They will likely possess the 29th and 61st pick this year. Obviously you'd have to assume their 2019 pick, as an amateur handicapper I'll put their 2019 O/U for wins at 9.5, projecting they have the 21st pick.

Josh Allen is available at 11 and the Jags offer what......to make you say yes.

29th, 61st, 2019 1st and 3rd. This type of deal would likely require us sending back a 4th and 5th over the next two drafts.

We should all pay attention to how the Jags were built. Fast lbs, press cbs, physical safeties and a front four that can get to the qb. They are in the champ game DESPITE Bortles. Again, we should pay attention.

Back
Top Bottom