Worst LB in football? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst LB in football?

Lewis didn't run the same defense that he did in Baltimore when Burke coached under him in Cincinnati and it's cute the credit that you give Schwartz in Tennessee as he wasn't the coordinator or even a positional coach.

Want to talk about the importance of defense and scheme? Denver won the SB because of their defense and Wade Phillips . . . the season after Gase left and that prolific offense was no more.

Coaches that worked for Belichick may not have become worthy head coaches but he has produced a few very successful coordinators. Currently DC's Crennel in Houston and Pees in Baltimore are very good.

You are right, our defense is doomed, our team is doomed, we should concede all of our games now.

Is it possible to hide posts from specific users?

You are right . . .

Is it possible to hide posts from specific users?

Yep. Click my profile picture and select the ignore option in the pop up. Good luck and don't get too drunk on the kool-aid.

Last edited:
Tackles are the most overrated defensive statistic. NE's Dont'a Hightower had an excellent year last season yet had a mere 31 tackles. Likewise, Martinez is also a smart and efficient defender. A defense's job is to get the **** off the field, not accumulate tackles. Concerning Alonso, the amount of tackles he had means very little when the majority of them occur 5+ yards downfield vs the run.

Only if you count solo tackles lol (which nobody does), he also had 34 combined which brings him up to 65. While missing 3 games due to injury...lol

Tackles can be misleading. Kiko has a nose for the football that not many lbs possess. More specifically he has an ability to make game changing type plays on the football few possess. He also has above average instincts for the position.

What he gave us in 2016 considering he was surrounded by dumpster fire worthy lb play due to attrition primarily is worth a top 50 pick in any class.

Last edited:
Well, I guess we found someone.

I mean, I agree with you that individual stats on D are over rated. Just think it's funny how you use a guy with 65 TACKLES in 13 games as a prime example of why tackles don't matter, 65 in 13 ain't bad lol. He even had 13 in one.

I mean, I agree with you that individual stats on D are over rated. Just think it's funny how you use a guy with 65 TACKLES in 13 games as a prime example of why tackles don't matter, 65 in 13 ain't bad lol. He even had 13 in one.

B/c going by solo tackles ( and even if you prorate to 16 games (38) - which I hate doing) Hightower still ranks somewhere in the 200's for tackles.

B/c going by solo tackles ( and even if you prorate to 16 games (38) - which I hate doing) Hightower still ranks somewhere in the 200's for tackles.

Yes, but that's only if you count solo tackles. Where does he rank on combined tackles, prorate that to 80. It may not be the top end of LB tackle numbers, but it's certainly not awful like 31 is, talking pure statistics.

Yes, but that's only if you count solo tackles. Where does he rank on combined tackles, prorate that to 80. It may not be the top end of LB tackle numbers, but it's certainly not awful like 31 is, talking pure statistics.

For total tackles he ranks #121 according to NFL.com

Prorating is unrealistic and inaccurate. Not to mention you would have to do that for every single player and account for any games or time they missed as well.

Last edited:
For total tackles he ranks #121 according to NFL.com

Prorating is unrealistic and inaccurate. Not to mention you would have to do that for every single player and account for any games or time they missed as well.

Perhaps, but there was only about 40 LB's in the NFL with 80 or more tackles last year. So while Hightower certainly isn't on the high end of that list, he's not as low as you you are insinuating either. More in the middle.

Tackles can be misleading. Kiko has a nose for the football that not many lbs possess. More specifically he has an ability to make game changing type plays on the football few possess. He also has above average instincts for the position.

What he gave us in 2016 considering he was surrounded by dumpster fire worthy lb play due to attrition primarily is worth a top 50 pick in any class.

There a four fundamental qualities a LB must possess: pursuit, block destruction, tackling, and takeaways. Having just a few of those doesn't equate to a top 50 pick. Alonso's angles are unacceptable at times and he can't shed a block to save the run game.

Last edited:
I can't wait for the season to start. We'll know what we have once they're playing the games out on the field

Ozzy rules!!

However, the Dolphins’ back-seven of its defense isn’t stopping anybody. They have the worst linebacking corps in football. Per fansided. Ouch.
http://fansided.com/2017/07/18/nfl-win-loss-projections-2017-patriots-raiders-cowboys/

That's idiotic, Miami last year thanks to injuries had nobody other then Alonzo at LB, who though not a superstar, and some have a huge problem with him, is actually a talented LB that can play weak side or even strong side better then he did last year in the middle, when he lead the team in tackles and made a few big plays.

Miami has a very talented rookie in McMillan, that will eventually take over the MIKE position, if not this coming year, some time next year, and a very capable Vet in Timmons that can play any of the LB positions well enough to make a huge difference as well as bringing huge experience.

Does Miami right now have a LB that we can be 100% sure will be a Homerun playing the Mike...Probably not, but all three can play well enough that whomever is playing the Will, and Sam Positions will do worlds better then what we had last year at those positions.

Back
Top Bottom