Would You Still Be a Dolphin if Pittsburgh Had Taken Dan Marino? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Still Be a Dolphin if Pittsburgh Had Taken Dan Marino?

Would You Still Be a Dolphins Fan if Pittsburgh had Drafted Dan Marino?

• Yes

Votes: 127 79.9%
  • No

Votes: 32 20.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was a Dolphin fan well before Marino came to Miami so yes I would definitely still have been a Dolphin fan.

Same here. I went to my 1st Dolphins game in 1967 when Bob Greise made his debut against Denver in the OB.

I would probably say no. I was a raiders fan as a little kid. Dad and older brother had season tickets so I use to go to alot of games. Bo Jackson was a beast BTW. Well once the Raiders/Rams left town I hated them, so I went for my next fav. team the Dolphins. I had no real reason to like Miami other then being in awe by Marino play. In turn I became a dolphins fan and have been for 15+ years. Cant really say yes I would be a dolphins fan if Marino wasn't on the Fins. That being said If a team was ever to come to los angeles I would be right there buying season tickets and a fan but the Dolphins will always be my team.

I probably wouldn't also.
I hated the 49ers, so in '84 I was hopping this 2nd year QB would be able to pull off an upset in the SuperBowl. He didn't, but I have been a fan ever since.
That and the uni's are a thing of beauty.

Was watching some top 10 clips in another thread and got an interesting question to ask.

Would you still be a Miami Dolphins Fan if Dan had been drafted by Pittsburgh, or would you be a Steeler?

I would be because I am a Dolphan because my dad is and he became a fan in 1970 when Shula was hired.

Same here. However, if it wasn't for Marino and the complete admiration I had for him as a kid, I might not have been as strong as a fan as I am. Thus, I'd probably be a Jaguars fan now seeing as I have lived in Jacksonville for the past 6 years and we were all exposed to them in Central Florida when they came around.

yes my family all love miami dolphins before marino came here

everybody but my grandmother (bills fan) we are a miami dolphin family

I would still be a fins fan. I started liking them in 3rd grade, and at that point I doubt I could've named any of the players. Naturally, Marnio was the 1st one I took a liking to once I knew something about them.

I was a big fan when Csonka,Griese and Warfield played, so of course I would still be a Dolphins fan. Even though it has really been tough sticking with them the last few years , but no matter what I will always remain a fins fan! I just hope the new front office can get this franchise turned around very soon. It is going to be a long season if we only win one game.

yes,i've been a Phins fan ever since i was old enough to understand anything at all about football. i'm currently here in D.C. until july,but i'm from the south florida area,and even if Dan had gone to Pittsburgh,i still would be a Miami Dolphins fan.

Of course. Who decides to root for a team because of one player?

Well I was a semi-Lions fan when Barry Sanders played, because his amazing ability made me enjoy watching him and wanted his team to do well. The Dolphins of course were my favorite team at the time and I'm still a fins fan to this day, but I did like the Lions too back in the Barry Sanders days. Does that make me a bad person?:(...:que:

I don't know. I just know I was a Dallas fan when I was a little kid because my brother was. As soon as I reached the age of reasoning(10 to be exact) I became a Dolphins fan. That was the 84 season I think and I have been a Phin fan ever since.

I think you'll find a lot of us who were in our formative years when Dan started up became fans because of him. I grew up in western Pennsylvania and was a Stillers fan until the age of 9 (1984). Seeing this kid out of Pitt tearing up the NFL turned me to a fan that year and I have never looked back. Too bad too cause Pittsburgh has brought home a championship in my lifetime and the Phins haven't even come close to sniffing one since that glorious 1984 season. Argh! Go Phins! F the Steelers!

Of course. Who decides to root for a team because of one player?

Kids do! When they're young and decide to support one team or another.Jordan did it for the Bulls,Gretzky for the Oilers...etc.etc...

I was a fan since 72 Marino was just a bonus for me.

Back
Top Bottom