Would You Still Be a Dolphin if Pittsburgh Had Taken Dan Marino? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Still Be a Dolphin if Pittsburgh Had Taken Dan Marino?

Would You Still Be a Dolphins Fan if Pittsburgh had Drafted Dan Marino?

• Yes

Votes: 127 79.9%
  • No

Votes: 32 20.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My initial reaction was 'Of course' but then, when I thought about it, the true answer is actually 'Probably not'. I decided the Dolphins was my favourite team in the NFL when I watched a Phins game and they won a close aerial battle. Without Marino chances are that game wouldn't have been shown on UK TV and the opposing team (Who, it turns out, I can't remember) may well have won it. I certainly wouldn't have been so impressed by the QB as I was in that game. Of course, as I wrote, they may well not have screened that game anyway without Marino and I could well have been writing on something like a Giants board instead (Although I doubt it as one of my brothers liked the Giants and I didn't like my brother). They were the big team the year I started watching football ('86).

It was Griesie and the Zonk that got me on the Dolphin bandwagon in 1970 ive been on it every since..its hard for us old dolphin fans to switch, we have felt the glory of winning, so ill stick around to watch them do it again

Absolutely. I'd been a Dolphins fan for 7 years before we drafted Dan. I liked Dan as a player, but I'm a Dolphins fan at heart.

Absolutely, i have been a dolphin fan since 1973 (six yrs old) and remember getting pissed off when miami drafted marino.. (shows how much i know).

Riggins had just ran over the dolphin defense and i wanted a run stopper. plus i liked david woodley.

thank god it worked out the way it did

Absolutely, i have been a dolphin fan since 1973 (six yrs old) and remember getting pissed off when miami drafted marino.. (shows how much i know).

Riggins had just ran over the dolphin defense and i wanted a run stopper. plus i liked david woodley.

thank god it worked out the way it did

I was right there with you, yelling at Shula for taking a quarterback when a young David Woodley just took us to the Super Bowl. As for being a Dolphins fan, I became one in 1971 (when I was 5), when my uncle was watching the Dolphins on TV and playing that stupid Miami Dolphins song on his record player.

Who knows, probably not.

Growing up on the west coast, I never really got to see that many fin games early in my life. There was no directv back then. But I grew up a Marino/Montana fan. But there was something about Marino that may him my favorite, thus I chose the Fins over the Niners.

I probably wouldn't as I grew up in the Bay area watching the 49ers play. I was a big Montana fan, but until I saw Marino I was his biggest fan. It was great watching him play.

I was borned in 1983 so I became a Dolphins fan by watching Marino tear every secondary, everyone in my family is a Packers fan so maybe I would have been a Packer fan too. But as it is I am Fin Fan.

Go Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom