WR at 11? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR at 11?

This defense was built to play with a lead, so it's simple. Gotta get the o-line as close to confident as possible THIS off-season. The rest will fall into place.

Correct. One reason I'm against signing elite players (and I don't think Juice is elite. FWIW, that'w why I was against Suh and Wallace. Elite players are for those teams 1-2 pieces away.
You are correct Sir. May I also add that you should only trade up to acquire an elite player in the draft when your 1 or 2 players away. Mediocre teams that do that (Dolphins with Dion Jordan), remain mediocre because they don't have the picks needed to fill their other positional needs due to a lack of picks. As to the question posted, I hope we move on from Landry. I don't see them taking a WR at 11. We need a slot guy in the draft not an outside receiver like Sutton or Ridley. We need one of Kirk, Anthony, D.J. Moore or Callaway. Depending on the player mentioned, they could be had from late 1st to 5th round. I'd like to see them trade down from 11 and acquire more picks, that is what teams who have sniffed the playoffs 3 times in the last 17-18 years should do. They trade back from 11 and get a late 1st and 2nd. Then they acquire Kirk and with the extra pick get a TE. You still have your 2nd, 3rd, 24ths, 6th and 2 7ths to use to fill OL, LB, RB, QB and FS.

Not a fan of WR that early unless you have a team built already...a play maker at any position is worth food for thought but this draft I would trade that pick to another for some resources later....unless I had a difference maker on my board that had slipped to us...

WR is a great position for a stud to shine but we haven't shown the ability to consistently move the chains...or stop the opponent from moving the chains....our flaws need correction first or we would waste the pick drafting a WR at 11.....

Build a stud defense and o-line.....you will be surprised how the current receivers shine afterward...with or without Landry....(the money he wants can be better spent)

IMO
looks like Gase is fixing the dline and line by hiring new coaches. don't count on new personnel

looks like Gase is fixing the dline and line by hiring new coaches. don't count on new personnel

Hmm season hasnt ended yet so no start of FA or draft..... Oh ok your right that damn Gase not signing or drafting any lineman yet but going ass backwards bringing in new coaches to hopefully improve the team

To be fair, I actually thought of this before. If Landry leaves would a WR be in play at 11. Well, I really like Sutton and Ridley but after talking to some other posters from the VIP side I could see that spending our 1st round pick on a WR might not be the smart move. I know some people are down on Parker and I can understand that but I don't think he's a bust. He just hasn't played like a guy you draft at 14. I think there's still hope for him and Still is a good deep guy and Grant can make some plays too. The best move thought would be to either get one in free agency or draft one like in the 3rd round that can play the slot and maybe with more speed than Landry.

Ozzy rules!!
I really have to join VIP.

For some reason this franchise AND fan base has not yet learned the notion that TALENT is CUMULATIVE over time in building a champion.

We act like a small-market baseball franchise. Too scared of the big 2nd contract. Get an elite talent, keep him 4 years, let him walk, rinse and repeat.

UNREAL the number of talents we have lost who are starring for other teams and now many want to do it again with Landry. Our ONLY truly elite talent on offense measured league-wide, the only guy who teams really are scared of and gameplan around to any degree.

Landry is a Building Block. Give us 2 or 3 more players like that. You do NOT build by tearing down.

I think I have to agree with you here. I mean how can we sign a guy like Andre Branch to that stupid contract but let Landry walk? That seems like such a Dolphins move and I'm tired of it.

For some reason this franchise AND fan base has not yet learned the notion that TALENT is CUMULATIVE over time in building a champion.

We act like a small-market baseball franchise. Too scared of the big 2nd contract. Get an elite talent, keep him 4 years, let him walk, rinse and repeat.

UNREAL the number of talents we have lost who are starring for other teams and now many want to do it again with Landry. Our ONLY truly elite talent on offense measured league-wide, the only guy who teams really are scared of and gameplan around to any degree.

Landry is a Building Block. Give us 2 or 3 more players like that. You do NOT build by tearing down.
I recall feeling exactly the same way when we let Bush walk and signed Wallace. Many of us here were like, “you have to stack talent”. Even if Wallace had produced at the levels expected all he would have done was replace the TD production and chunk plays we got from Reggie as opposed to add to them. Makes no sense.

Antonio Brown is the greatest anomaly in NFL history. Physically, he is nothing special except for his quickness. He's just ultra-gifted at adjusting to passes and making tough grabs for a fast guy, and he has the privilege to play with a QB who can consistently drop GPS-guided bombs right in the bucket.

It makes no sense whatsoever to draft a WR in the "Antonio Brown mold".

Antonio Brown is the greatest anomaly in NFL history. Physically, he is nothing special except for his quickness. He's just ultra-gifted at adjusting to passes and making tough grabs for a fast guy, and he has the privilege to play with a QB who can consistently drop GPS-guided bombs right in the bucket.

It makes no sense whatsoever to draft a WR in the "Antonio Brown mold".

He also is the greatest route runner of this generation (anywhere on the field) with a work ethic of equal greatness.

Anthony Miller has Antonio Brown written all over him. IMO.

He IS very physical and aggressive for a guy his size. On that highlight vid i posted there's a bunch of plays where the db is all over him and even swats but he'll stretch out underneath the swat and reach for the ball with his hands and hold on to it.

I've never seen anyone make so many catches with hands on his chest and face as he does. Excellent at keeping track of the ball. Hand eye coordination. Strong hands. Not only does he catch with his hands but he doesn't need to reel it into his chest to keep control of it.

Sometimes he'll run away from the ball with the ball in the air just to break in just in time to catch it.

Mmmmhhh, maybe not Brown but Marvin Harrison?

Calvin Ridley @11
Fill in the blank for this sequence:

Julio Jones... Amari Cooper... _______________

I am tolerating Kenyan Drake on this team, guess I can live with another satan/gumper. There is nothing in this world I despise more than those red thugs.

Back
Top Bottom