WR at 11? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR at 11?

Not as far fetched as some may think. This is all dependent on what happens with Landry. If we let him go then WR has to be considered as high as #11 in the draft. Ridley/Sutton may just be BPA as well.

Still in favor of building the D above all regardless of what happens with Juice.

It's time for an elite defense.

Miami's first round picks in prior years have had zero impact. So you keep thinking what you want.
Truth thinks with his head

Most of your posts are just asinine stupidity without any legit rationale

When i say most, that’s like 99%

Only possible way we draft a wr early is if landry is gone. If you think otherwise- you are wrong.

If we lose Landry, hell yeah. If not then only if we trade Parker.

If we lose Landry; Kirk, DJ Moore, Miller and Campbell could be even better than he was.

If we trade Parker I'd be locked into Arden Tate. There are more; St. Brown, Cobbs but I like Tate better. If Sutton happened to be there at 11, do it but don't trade up. Trade down to a spot we'd feel comfortable taking Tate.

If we don't move Parker, nor Landry, I'm afraid I wouldn't get a WR.

Uh, honest question. Don't you have to say that you're at least like 13 years old to post here as part of the ToS?

I've long been an advocate that Thread-Starting should be an earned and revoked privilege rather than an automatic right.

I don't see any WR's I would be excited about in the top of the draft. I'm sure one will end up a success but I don't see any all around prototype guys that will enter the ranks of AJ, Hopkins, Julio and AB.

I don’t think that is true at all. If we lose Landry we lose a slot WR. He was a great WR, and much was changed to accommodate his skills, but if we lose him we go back to a traditional approach to the slot, and Grant can fill that role perfectly. I would be absolutely fine going in to the season with Stills, Parker, and Grant, with Carroo and Ford as back ups. A true #1 would be great, but WRs usually take time to develop, and we have just so many glaring needs. Our RT and RG are most likely gone, on an already mediocre line. Our LBs are bad, and we need someone who can cover a TE. We have no TE. With these holes, and what has been invested recently at WR, spending our first round pick on a wr would be insane.

My point is we can get another receiver to replace Landry if he walks through free agency as we'll need another even if Grant assumes his role. If we get a TE in the draft or say a J Graham then our O will be potent as long as our OL holds up (need bodies here.)

I'd hate to use pick 11 on a wr because our D is in such a need for a pass rush and primarily a vg lb. I would love a stud TE at 11 or LB so I hope there is someone there worthy of those two positions. I am more worried about our D than O but we do need a few pieces on both sides but feel wr can and should be had in FA

Has anyone looked back at the WRs in that 2015 draft? The best have been Amari Cooper and Stefan Diggs, and Diggs was taken in the 5th round. The only other receivers of note out of that draft are Funchess (Panthers), Ty Montgomery (Packers), and Agholor (Eagles), and Agholor didn't really start producing until this year.

I remember that draft because we were clearly targeting a top playmaker at receiver and we felt fortunate that Parker dropped to us. Everyone was sure Kevin White and Breshad Perriman were sure things in the first round, but much like Parker, they've been perpetually injured.

The point being that WR is probably as big of a draft crapshoot as QB. I'm not saying that Landry is an irreplaceable piece, but there is something to be said for a WR that catches in traffic, gets yards after the catch, and most importantly plays when he's nicked up. Landry' real value is durability.

Has anyone looked back at the WRs in that 2015 draft? The best have been Amari Cooper and Stefan Diggs, and Diggs was taken in the 5th round. The only other receivers of note out of that draft are Funchess (Panthers), Ty Montgomery (Packers), and Agholor (Eagles), and Agholor didn't really start producing until this year.

I remember that draft because we were clearly targeting a top playmaker at receiver and we felt fortunate that Parker dropped to us. Everyone was sure Kevin White and Breshad Perriman were sure things in the first round, but much like Parker, they've been perpetually injured.

The point being that WR is probably as big of a draft crapshoot as QB. I'm not saying that Landry is an irreplaceable piece, but there is something to be said for a WR that catches in traffic, gets yards after the catch, and most importantly plays when he's nicked up. Landry' real value is durability.

4 straight 16 games seasons, NFL all time receptions leader through first 4 seasons, catches in traffic and now became a TD producer and redzone threat.

We are sitting on a top 15 pick at WR and people are sitting up here wanting to use a pick on a 2nd one while letting a sure thing walk out the door and missing out on obvious talent for other positions at 11.

You cannot make it up

Despite the modern viewpoint that RB's have been devalued, I would be more comfortable drafting a RB that fits the scheme moreso than a comparable WR. Fournette comes to mind as a recent example of a RB that was a perfect fit for a Coughlin-led Jaguars team.

With a WR you run the risk of a Kevin White or Devante Parker overreach. And what has a better prospect such as Amari Cooper brought to the Raiders? Nothing, really. The Steelers have shown that excellent WR's can be consistently found in later rounds. Or even successful undrafted WR's such as the Vikings' Thielen can be found.

I am not saying that there is a RB in this draft worthy of the 11th overall pick for the Dolphins; rather, I feel that a WR is the most risky and least impactful position to draft high in the 1st round.

Last edited:
My point is we can get another receiver to replace Landry if he walks through free agency as we'll need another even if Grant assumes his role. If we get a TE in the draft or say a J Graham then our O will be potent as long as our OL holds up (need bodies here.)

I'd hate to use pick 11 on a wr because our D is in such a need for a pass rush and primarily a vg lb. I would love a stud TE at 11 or LB so I hope there is someone there worthy of those two positions. I am more worried about our D than O but we do need a few pieces on both sides but feel wr can and should be had in FA

We don’t have the resources if Jarvis walks to even glance at WR. Do the math. We need two starters on the oline, a starting LB, a DE to fill in for Hayes if he walks, starting te, back up TE, back up RB, and back up QB. This requires a lot of draft and cap resources. Not to mention you don’t build winning teams starting at WR. Outside of QB winning teams are built from the lines up, a small both our oline and dline were mediocre this season.

All skill 'positions' lose value when you run an offense like we do.

All you need is about 8 guys who can catch, block and follow blocks moderately well. It's like soccer, the best teams don't have players who check all the boxes at every position they just have 11 well rounded smart players.

Boundary WR is the one position we need elite physical tools but even then those two just need to be 'above average' since the other 3 role players will draw coverage from them.

'Positions' are getting blurred out. In soccer it's called 'Total Football'.

I think the NFL is catching up to that tendency.

If there's an obvious stud he'll be gone long before 11 or I'll have to give up the farm as did the Falcons for Jones. I'm not against it but not sure we can find the guy we need at 11 and we have a glaring need on defense which trump's an offensive pick in my opinion at 11.

Not necessarily true, Odell Beckham Jr. was taken with the 12th pick.

Uh, honest question. Don't you have to say that you're at least like 13 years old to post here as part of the ToS?

This is true, but anyone could just click "i am of age" no way to verify, although that would be neat to see everyone's age- comparing old and new generations of fans

Not necessarily true, Odell Beckham Jr. was taken with the 12th pick.
Of course it's not always true but there was a few nice players drafted beforehand and our history of finding an ace has been a disappoint. I think we give up far to much and release players be it losing in FA or trade. We have to get better here.

Back
Top Bottom