WVDolphan's "Get Real" Today's subject, Dan Henning. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's "Get Real" Today's subject, Dan Henning.

You do realize that it was the Wildcat, on our first offensive possession of the game, that got us into the redzone and setup our lone offensive TD, right?

P.S. WV - as much as I hate to say so, your post is right on the money. Well done.

P.P.S. Just wait until the offense catches up with the defense...
You do realize that it was the wildcat that got stoned on the 3 yard line and lost 2 yards putting us back at the 5? You do realize that that was a 9 play 73 yard drive, 51 of which were done through the air including the TD on just 3 attempts? I'm sure you also realize that the wildcat was run 5 times against the Vikings and gained a total of 14 yards and the last two times we ran it we lost yards both times...right?

I'll say this, if Miami is going to continue with the grind it out offense, then they need a RB who can break some long runs for a TD. Ronnie has no breakaway speed at all, and Ricky can do it, but certainly nowhere near as well as he could in his prime.

ricky trips over his own feet when he's got a chance to pop one too much

To sum this up for those of you that choose not to read it......

This is a very very long winded way to say the FO sucks and everything that goes wrong and the answer to all your complaints are the FO's fault.

Wrong. That's not what I took from it.

De he allude to that thought? Perhaps ... But, to summarize a great post (IMO) like this one down to something so negative, frankly smacks of a personal agenda vs. someone. *ahem*

:lol: And, for the record, I LOVE the idea of simply executing the running game to the point of crushing the will of the opposition. I couldn't have possibly been prouder of the way our O-line shoved Minny around. Atta boys!!!

(disclaimer: I played O-line, and everyone knows we love run blocking above all else)

Wrong. That's not what I took from it.

De he allude to that thought? Perhaps ... But, to summarize a great post (IMO) like this one down to something so negative, frankly smacks of a personal agenda vs. someone. *ahem*

:lol: And, for the record, I LOVE the idea of simply executing the running game to the point of crushing the will of the opposition. I couldn't have possibly been prouder of the way our O-line shoved Minny around. Atta boys!!!

(disclaimer: I played O-line, and everyone knows we love run blocking above all else)

I've been meaning to ask you this. What happens if we refuse to give "all glory to the Hypnotoad?"

It is? You obviously didnt read it. Im pretty sure I stated I think these guys are onto something.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. They believe in running the ball and playing tough defense. It starting to look like it could work out.

We better have the best defense unit that has ever walked onto an NFL field
because averaging 1 offensive td a game just wont get the job done

I like your point of view WV, and I do agree with most of it. But..

What happens when our defense is getting torched? Our offense is going to have to uncomfortably move from their philosiphy of running the football and running 10 minute drives, to passing every down.

And why in the world did we go out and get a top 5 WR if we're mainly going to use him as a decoy to set up the running game? So far Marshall has never been a guy to complain about getting the football, he's been a team guy thus far through his career. But I would not be surprised at all if he starts complaining about not being used how he was used in Denver. A running game's best friend is a good passing game, and I really would like us to not only throw over 20 times when we're losing.

Thanks, enjoyed the perspective. I would agree we are built to run. But at some point (s) through the season and hopefully post-season we will need to air it out. Will be able to when we absolutely need to? Despite a run-oriented offense, we need more balance in the passing game; better routes, utilize Bess much much more, and get Ronnie in the open field with short screen or dump passes. I am not looking for deep routes, but controlled passing.

It is? You obviously didnt read it. Im pretty sure I stated I think these guys are onto something.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. They believe in running the ball and playing tough defense. It starting to look like it could work out.

:ponder:
When someone asks you, A penny for your thoughts, and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny?

George Carlin

I'll agree with the assessment that Henning gets way too conservative way too early w/ a lead. Though, I have no problem the philosophy/scheme or wildcat.

The only plays against Minny that made me scratch my head were; 1) the hand off from Henne to Ricky doing a jet sweep, & 2) going with 5 Receivers/empty backfield which I believe resulted in Henne getting sacked.

Henning chooses bad opportunities to get cute with his playcalling. If you're gashing the other team and 5 yards from FG range, why would you stop running the ball? At least run play action, especially on 2nd down. The opening drives have been great, but it looks like Henning falls into a funk when his script runs out. He's a good planner but you can only plan so much until you have to start using real time strategy as the game situation changes.

keep them comming. I enjoy reading you posts. Do a regular Get Real post.

You do realize that it was the wildcat that got stoned on the 3 yard line and lost 2 yards putting us back at the 5? You do realize that that was a 9 play 73 yard drive, 51 of which were done through the air including the TD on just 3 attempts? I'm sure you also realize that the wildcat was run 5 times against the Vikings and gained a total of 14 yards and the last two times we ran it we lost yards both times...right?

You do realize that it was our QB Chad Henne who missed a wide open Brandon Marshall on 1st and goal that set us up on 2nd and goal in the first place. So basically, we wouldnt have ran that wildcat play had Henne executed. Perhaps, thats the reason we go to it more than you would like. Fortunately, Henne made up for the error by hitting Hartline on a nicely executed TD pass on 3rd down. So it was all gravy.

keep them comming. I enjoy reading you posts. Do a regular Get Real post.

Thanks bro. I believe I will. They wont be scheduled or anything, but definately look for "Get Real" posts on the reg. Anytime I see a large number of posts on a topic and a lot of people seem to be losing perspective in them(IMHO of course) I will come with a "Get Real" post.

But, yea. Praising the FO, and loving the draft picks from the first year, while bashing Henning is pretty much like signing Braylon Edwards and then complaining that we have a punk for a WR.

Its like going to Taco Hell or Chipotle for lunch and then complaining that your *** is like a volcano after dinner.

Back
Top Bottom