WVDolphan's "Get Real" Today's subject, Dan Henning. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's "Get Real" Today's subject, Dan Henning.

Thanks bro. I believe I will. They wont be scheduled or anything, but definately look for "Get Real" posts on the reg. Anytime I see a large number of posts on a topic and a lot of people seem to be losing perspective in them(IMHO of course) I will come with a "Get Real" post.

But, yea. Praising the FO, and loving the draft picks from the first year, while bashing Henning is pretty much like signing Braylon Edwards and then complaining that we have a punk for a WR.

Its like going to Taco Hell or Chipotle for lunch and then complaining that your *** is like a volcano after dinner.
i read your opinion on this matter, and although i agree with pretty much everything you say, i have to disagree here alittle. if i came away wrong with what you were actually trying to say, then please correct me.

basically im going to say i have a monster problem with this play calling. i mean, this play calling would be totally acceptable in games where we r up say 24-7 in the 4th,etc . i feel though we get so conservative after the slighest lead we have, and that is why every game we encounter is a heart attack waiting to happen because we rarely are agressive enough in trying to pull away from the opponent.

when we r up 7-0, or even 14-0 in any game in the 3rd qtr, let alone in an away game, u dont get conservative and start running the ball all 3 downs.

now, i understand we r a run first team, and have no problem with that. but running games usually get opened up by the passing game. i feel we must start being more agressive in the passing game and attacking defenses to keep them honest.

look at all the good teams like the saints, colts, etc. they air the ball out. they are relentless. henning once up 7,10-0 just starts going into conservative mode.

i feel that has got to change.

on that note, love the way the fins r playing on d and have really no complains with the team right aside from henning, as our team is showing fire and passion, especially on d, something i haven't seen in many years.

Wow!

Is there cliff notes available?

Enjoyed the read.

One of the little known facts is that the power running teams of yore used to run up some pretty good point totals. NFL record most points scored in a game? 113 points when the Washington Redskins beat the New York Giants 72-41 on November 27, 1966. The winning QB Sonny Jurgensen was 10 of 16 for 145 yards.

Hmmm. Power running game. Infrequent but accurate passes to a great wide receiver. Awesome defense. Who does that sound like? 72champagne knows. Our Super Bowl Dolphin teams. I hear ya, Henne is no Griese (names do both end in -e, lol) but Bob didn't chuck the rock much during those SB runs. Close games that we ground out.

More WV, more Carlin. You don't have to play the clip if you don't like him.

So basically we are trying to be the Baltimore Ravens. Flacco and Henne seem similar in that they both take lots of sacks, have strong arms, and are not great at going through their progressions. I guess I never wanted to admit to myself that all Henne would be is a game manager. Very good write up

Back
Top Bottom