WVDolphan's "Get Real" Today's subject-Physically challenged 2nd round money bargains | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's "Get Real" Today's subject-Physically challenged 2nd round money bargains

The bottom line for me ...

I'd trade the entire draft to move up and get Luck.

Buffalo (if they end up with the #1 pick) may very well jump at this. They're not close to being a good team, and the additional picks would help them get closer. IMO, we're a QB away from being special (yes, I know we do have needs - but Luck is the QB prospect)

We've gotta do whatever it takes to get this kid.

When you waste a 2nd and a 3rd in 2009 . . . this doesn't sound nearly as crazy as it would normally. If you know you got a sure fire QB pick and you feel that Thigpen/Henne isn't your long term answer . . . you gotta make something shake. It is not like we have invested a whole lot on any QB on our roster.

I mean it's a pipedream to keep it real, but I like the Luck kid more than any QB prospect I have seen in sometime. Probably 2004.

If Buffalo passes on him, I will be laughing for years at their decision.

I am a reasonable guy..., but your stuff is awesome..., I am like that bug that is drawn into the light...

When a person like you is born into this world (in the stands) during a football game at sub-zero temperatures they can have special privelidges and gifts... Can you reach out to your television screen and touch Jake's shoulder or CP10s arm...? I know you won't touch Henne beacuse he is a QB from Michigan...

Now I asked you for "objective" stuff and I got an "everything" Kev - Ryan does "everything" better than Henne...

Wow..., I am humbled

"Everything" wraps it up kev... why SHOULD I present some longwinded, 14 paragraph post describing every detail that Matt Ryan executes better than Chad Henne, only to have to argue with you about it for 8 more pages, because you just DON'T get it?

From his toes to his ears, Matt Ryan does everything better than Chad Henne.... rev..

Now, what in the hell does Chad Henne do better than Matt Ryan that prompted you to take that stance to begin with? Other than he has a Dolphin on the side of his helmet.... I think that's clearly a stance that needs some backbone to it...

Dude I'm not so sure after watching CP10 the past few years and then Henne last year and this... I don't know that they have the liberty

At the very least he has the liberty of throwing the ball to any of the receiver routes called down by Henning, even if the guy is covered. Henne chooses the check-down method instead of willing the ball to the receiver thats covered. No matter how well a guy is covered if the receiver knows his QB and the QB knows his receiver, the QB should be able to throw that ball in a place where his guy will catch it regardless of the coverage. It's a tight throw and we as fans watch it on TV and cheer the hell out of having a great QB. Personally I have never seen that from Henne.

Some seem to think that if we give Henne the rest of the year then it will be a definitive answer but it wont be. If he struggles people who like him will say fire Henning and plug in a new OC and give Henne another season to prove himself. If he lights up the second half of this season his critics will say it was fluke and lets see if he can do it for a whole season, but lets draft a 1st rd QB in case he doesn't get it done bla bla bla....... Yup I'm Psychic

as far as my opinion goes I thought Henne showed improvement last game but not enough for me to anoint him our starter. He was benched for a reason and to compound it he is nicked up too. Let him sit a week or two minimum and heal up while we get a good look at what we got in Thigpen. Thigpen lost his job and found himself on the bench as a #3 so he is hungry for this opportunity. I want to see what he does with it. If he looks bad (worse then Henne) put Henne in if he can play but if he is as good or better keep playing him until we see him peak. Henne can compete with Thigpen for his job in camp. IMO thats a healthy camp environment. Keep both of them working hard to be the best and to fight for the starter position. Everyone wants that starter money contract let them both compete for it. JMO, of course, but thats how I see this.

I do not see us looking at QB's this draft except maybe in the later rounds just as a 3rd stringer but I don't even expect them to do that. Maybe if QB prospects look good two drafts from now and neither QB looks good we might see them take a shot at one. I am going by what I hear from all of you that Luck is the only QB worth looking at in this draft and noway he falls to us. It gives this staff a good excuse to give their picks time to develop rather then dump Henne or Thigpen.

In conclusion this season is one big circle jerk for us fans, once again. I'm getting really wore out being it. I am starting to understand how it feels to be a bills fan or a lions fan where you just wallow in misery year after year. I know we are 5-4 but do any of you believe we are going to run the table from here out and get into the playoffs? I only hope now that Parcells left that Sporano becomes his own man and coaches this team to championships. What the real killer is the 4 losses we had were against our 4 arch rivals. The 4 teams we fight for wildcard postion with beat us, two of which are in our division and they beat us at home. I would feel a lot differently if we had four losses but of those 4 we at least split with those 4 teams and took 2 games from our divsion or split the division and took one from either pitt or balt.

Omg how long are we going to dwell on Matt Ryan.

We spend alot of time talking about how we missed on Brees and Ryan. The Brees thing is a no-brainer because we took a CB instead, with 2 shutdown corners already on the roster. Typical Wanstedt. But how can you hate on the Jake Long pick? This guy is already a multiple time pro bowler, and is widely considered a top 3 LT, if not the best. We got a stud for pete's sake.

The one we let get away, IMO, was Aaron Rodgers. Somehow, in the middle of all the Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Anquan Boldin, Wes Welker, etc talk of draft picks we blew, this one never gets talked about. We take a carry splitting RB who has proven QUITE injury prone and nothing more than above average(here comes the flaming), when RBs essentially grow on trees. Aaron Rodgers is doing the things he's doing behind an AWFUL line, with no RBs, no TE, and a decrepid 36 year possession WR who's unlikely to finish the year(obviously Jennings is his 1 major weapon).

In retrospect, Saban went for Daunte so he could hurry up and win now, and get back to college ASAP...or, he saw the mess he made and ran for the hills.

Omg how long are we going to dwell on Matt Ryan.

We spend alot of time talking about how we missed on Brees and Ryan. The Brees thing is a no-brainer because we took a CB instead, with 2 shutdown corners already on the roster. Typical Wanstedt. But how can you hate on the Jake Long pick? This guy is already a multiple time pro bowler, and is widely considered a top 3 LT, if not the best. We got a stud for pete's sake.

The one we let get away, IMO, was Aaron Rodgers. Somehow, in the middle of all the Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Anquan Boldin, Wes Welker, etc talk of draft picks we blew, this one never gets talked about. We take a carry splitting RB who has proven QUITE injury prone and nothing more than above average(here comes the flaming), when RBs essentially grow on trees. Aaron Rodgers is doing the things he's doing behind an AWFUL line, with no RBs, no TE, and a decrepid 36 year possession WR who's unlikely to finish the year(obviously Jennings is his 1 major weapon).

In retrospect, Saban went for Daunte so he could hurry up and win now, and get back to college ASAP...or, he saw the mess he made and ran for the hills.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I agree we should of gotten Rogers. I think Saban realized he made a mess had an offer at Bama and ran our before he was exposed as being another Spurrier, complete and utter failure at the pro level. Think about it and what move worked out for this team that Saban made. They are few and far between if any and he created problems it took this team years to fix and an uncapped season to dump overpriced contracts without feeling the cap hit. That was really the best thing that Parcells did for us.

The only reason anybody ever harps on Aaron Rodgers is to get a shot in at Saban.... when the truth is, Bill Parcells wouldn't have picked Aaron Rodgers either... he won't draft a QB that high with only 2 years of starting experience under his belt...

There's not many that would, which is why Rodgers fell as far as he did...

Rodgers has the best TE in the league when he's healthy (Jermichael Finley)... nobody is a more difficult mismatch at the TE position than Finley...

Wayne and his suits, along with Miami's medical staff (with a history of blunders) killed the Brees deal.. Saban wanted Brees. The reason Saban left is because he didn't have the control he was promised by Wayne... certainly not the control that Bill Parcells had bestowed upon him...

Where Saban screwed up was trading a 2nd rounder for an injured dumbbell instead of trading up for Cutler.... those above Saban in the organization screwed up by killing the Brees deal in the first place...

How's Saban doing for himself now by the way? He's smart.. he saw what a clueless organization the Miami Dolphins were... which is why he got out while the gettin' was good...

The bottom line is he's still a better football coach blindfolded and with one arm tied behind his back than the moron we currently have... You think Tony Sparano can go have the college job of his choice, make $4+million a year, rake in top recruiting classes every year, go undefeated in the regular season 2 years in a row in the SEC, and win national championships in two different places?

Coach Sparano has a better shot at asking you if you would like your combo supersized once he's run outta town...

What's pure comedy is nimrods like you, Guzman, AZstryker, Vaneazy, etc... arguing out of desperation with me from the beginning that Chad Henne was going to be better than Matt Ryan...

Likewise for Chad Henne vs. Mark Sanchez.. going all the way back to last year...

What's pure comedy is watching people like you come in here everyday and try to tell me what a good quarterback is and isn't...

It's a blast... it's why I take time out of my day to visit...

If any of you had a corner, they would've thrown in the towel for you a long time ago.... TKO!
Look at the date of my account. Dont make up bull**** to lower other people's credibility. That's a flat out balent lie, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if you knew you were doing so. Even there was ever the slightest doubt in your mind that I didn't argue with you about Matt Ryan from the begining don't put my name on your list.

You talking up your knowledge of the game 24/7 on this board is comical. How could anyone ever argue with you? Have you ever been wrong? I am amazed ,no shocked, that you don't work for an nfl organization. All hail TedSlimmJr.

There should be a thread in the ladies lounge featuring Matt Ryan for posters such as Ted SlimmJr, WVDolfan, etc.

Well, I disagree with you there, and so may a lot of other people. And the division of opinions is the problem. You wactch Henne, and see him go through his options on every throwing play - he regularly chooses the short dink and shys away from the vertical game.

If Henning was Marino's coordinator, do you think that Marksx2 would have not been productive?

Henne has choices, and yes, the coordinator does factor in......but, remember this, Henne is an NFL starting QB who can change a play at the line of scrimmage and go vertical. I question whether Henne has the swagger - confidence - leadership to do this.

My main point is that Henne should have been left in, for the season, so...in December....you and I would not have to have this debate. The answer would have been clear for all to see.

Henne is not allowed to audible to a different pass play. That has been confirmed by the coaching staff. His only option is a kill, which basically means that he can change the play to a run play. That's it.

Hopefully, that will change sooner than later.

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
2010 New Orleans Saints 9 9 261 374 69.8 2,587 6.9 18 12 13 91 91.7 12 -5 -0.4 0 6 1
2009 New Orleans Saints 15 15 363 514 70.6 4,388 8.5 34 11 20 135 109.6 22 33 1.5 2 10 6
2008 New Orleans Saints 16 16 413 635 65.0 5,069 8.0 34 17 13 92 96.2 22 -1 0.0 0 6 1
2007 New Orleans Saints 16 16 440 652 67.5 4,423 6.8 28 18 16 109 89.4 23 52 2.3 1 9 4
2006 New Orleans Saints 16 16 356 554 64.3 4,418 8.0 26 11 18 105 96.2 42 32 0.8 0 8 3

Season Team Passing Rushing Fumbles
G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
2010 San Diego Chargers 9 9 215 329 65.3 2,944 8.9 19 8 22 140 102.9 17 26 1.5 0 6 3
2009 San Diego Chargers 16 16 317 486 65.2 4,254 8.8 28 9 25 167 104.4 26 50 1.9 1 6 3
2008 San Diego Chargers 16 16 312 478 65.3 4,009 8.4 34 11 25 151 105.5 31 84 2.7 0 8 4
2007 San Diego Chargers 16 16 277 460 60.2 3,152 6.9 21 15 22 163 82.4 29 33 1.1 1 11 6
2006 San Diego Chargers 16 16 284 460 61.7 3,388 7.4 22 9 27 144 92.0 48 49 1.0 0 8 2

over the past 5 seasons drew brees has out played rivers.. has been to 2 nfc championship games, and has a superbowl win.. he's more accurate, has way more touchdowns, and way more yards... ****, last season he had more yards, better completion percentage, and better rating while playing 1 game less.. brees is better!

I feel like I'm going around in circles, so I'll give it one more shot and then put it to rest on my end.

I get that you think that Brees is better. In fact, you compared him to Steve Young (i.e. first-ballot Hall of Famer) which tells me all I need to know (Brees will most definitely not be a first-ballot Hall of Famer and he may not even get into the Hall of Fame because there are multiple contemporaries that are better than him).

The stats you put up only help prove my point more. Why? Because while Brees has slightly better numbers in the five-season span you chose to compare, you must take into account the fact that Brees has been playing longer and has therefore improved upon his first few seasons in the league (several of which were dreadful) while Rivers has been outstanding from the get go. Try comparing the first five seasons for these two guys and you'll see what I mean.

Moreover, Rivers is on his way to posting his third straight season with a passer rating over 100. That's amazing, and this season, he's doing this with guys that are literally off the practice squad.

And as for the comment someone made about Rivers not winning in the playoffs, that's simply not true. He's been to a conference championship. Again, let's wait until Rivers has as many seasons under his belt as Brees does right now, and we'll see just how many of you will stand by your stories then.

The bottom line for me ...

I'd trade the entire draft to move up and get Luck.

Buffalo (if they end up with the #1 pick) may very well jump at this. They're not close to being a good team, and the additional picks would help them get closer. IMO, we're a QB away from being special (yes, I know we do have needs - but Luck is the QB prospect)

We've gotta do whatever it takes to get this kid.

the other bottom line is if by chance buffalo does get that #1 pick there's no way in gods green earth that the bills would trade that pick to a team in division and give them the ammo to draft a potential franchise qb...you want to see the bills fans revolt...give a team in division who needs a franchise qb just like you the bills do the means to come up and get the kid they want...and everyone knows that if miami did want to come up that far it wouldn't be for some position player other than qb...

the bills may in fact trade it (which i seriously doubt if lucks in the draft but hey its the bills so who knows) but they aren't about to even consider trading it in division...where the trade could torment them for the next decade plus

wow, I actually agree with one of your posts. And no crowbars in this one.

Back
Top Bottom