WVDolphan's "Get Real" Today's subject-Physically challenged 2nd round money bargains | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's "Get Real" Today's subject-Physically challenged 2nd round money bargains

Henne is fine at QB. The problem is the play calling and the lack of a true deep threat. It's pretty simple.

Henne has terrible touch on this deep ball, this has been evident from his first start to his last.

Well, I disagree with you there, and so may a lot of other people. And the division of opinions is the problem. You wactch Henne, and see him go through his options on every throwing play - he regularly chooses the short dink and shys away from the vertical game.

If Henning was Marino's coordinator, do you think that Marksx2 would have not been productive?

Henne has choices, and yes, the coordinator does factor in......but, remember this, Henne is an NFL starting QB who can change a play at the line of scrimmage and go vertical. I question whether Henne has the swagger - confidence - leadership to do this.

My main point is that Henne should have been left in, for the season, so...in December....you and I would not have to have this debate. The answer would have been clear for all to see.

Did this really need its own thread?

I think not ... merging.

Henne has terrible touch on this deep ball, this has been evident from his first start to his last.

He seems shaky when going downfield. I almost get the impression that he feels that he "has" to get a few shots in, get them over with, so he can go back to the short game.

Lacks "swagger"

This is pure comedy..., Coughlin's job on the line the Giants did the inconceivable succession of wins to even get the chance to compete in the POs let alone the SB - people's perception of Eli changed in an instant after he sailed a "hail-mary" falling backwards - he could have just as easily been called in the grasp - in fact he was probably throwing it away....

Eli is not Peyton - yet they both have the same number of SBs

Rivers is better than Brees and Rivers hasn't won the big one yet

What's pure comedy is nimrods like you, Guzman, AZstryker, Vaneazy, etc... arguing out of desperation with me from the beginning that Chad Henne was going to be better than Matt Ryan...

Likewise for Chad Henne vs. Mark Sanchez.. going all the way back to last year...

What's pure comedy is watching people like you come in here everyday and try to tell me what a good quarterback is and isn't...

It's a blast... it's why I take time out of my day to visit...

If any of you had a corner, they would've thrown in the towel for you a long time ago.... TKO!

hey slimm i know you've been evaluating the upcoming qb class for quite a while now...i also know how much you enjoy it...that being said can you give me your top 5 draft eligible qbs in the upcoming draft and let me know what you think each one becomes in the pros...ie franchise qb as in top 12 in the league in time, solid starter, career backup etc

thanks...and also could you give me your current draft value for each and strengths and weaknesses

All great questions.... hoops, you clearly get it. Anybody can look at all the "names" of all the QB prospects that the talking heads throw out there right around draft time... pick one out, and say he's going to be good.

However, if you know what you're doing, you have to be able to decide exactly HOW good a potential QB prospect is going to be.... and exactly HOW long it's going to take him to get there. You have to be able to nail down a guy's potential... and upside. You have to be able to figure out what type of offensive system he's a fit for...

You must be able to make a case for a quarterback (a list of positives) without using a single statistic. I don't want to hear about completion percentage if you're going to talk about a quarterbacks accuracy...

I don't want to hear about his yards/attempt to determine how strong his arm is... etc...

I don't want to hear it repeated how many TD passes he threw as the reason why he should be a 1st round pick....etc..

That's not evaluating quarterbacks... that's evaluating statistics... which are all subjective.

We'll make a thread in the draft forum and we'll discuss quarterback prospects and how I view them in there... great, great questions hoops....

What's pure comedy is nimrods like you, Guzman, AZstryker, Vaneazy, etc... arguing out of desperation with me from the beginning that Chad Henne was going to be better than Matt Ryan...

Likewise for Chad Henne vs. Mark Sanchez.. going all the way back to last year...

What's pure comedy is watching people like you come in here everyday and try to tell me what a good quarterback is and isn't...

It's a blast... it's why I take time out of my day to visit...

If any of you had a corner, they would've thrown in the towel for you a long time ago.... TKO!

Wow nimrod that is a 6 letter put down - like your subjectivity BTW - I love the way you think you are objective and everyone else is subjective - you must be getting paid millions for this QB science or art - Did an alien lay hands on you? - You are the QB whisperer. Psst... You over there shush he speaks - Hush everyone the QB whisperer speaks - hush... hush...

The very people you scorn are suggesting there is not enough evidence to suggest a players ceiling and you o wise prophet believe that you can foretell a QBs ceiling in College? H.S.? No... maybe as a baby...? Come on tell us the truth you can see through walls and people's clothing...

Dude I hope you are around for a long long time because this board was pretty boring back in 2004... A guy like you really lights it up for me...

Eli Eli Eli - why would you go there...?

Well, I disagree with you there, and so may a lot of other people. And the division of opinions is the problem. You wactch Henne, and see him go through his options on every throwing play - he regularly chooses the short dink and shys away from the vertical game.

If Henning was Marino's coordinator, do you think that Marksx2 would have not been productive?

Henne has choices, and yes, the coordinator does factor in......but, remember this, Henne is an NFL starting QB who can change a play at the line of scrimmage and go vertical. I question whether Henne has the swagger - confidence - leadership to do this.

My main point is that Henne should have been left in, for the season, so...in December....you and I would not have to have this debate. The answer would have been clear for all to see.

Dude I'm not so sure after watching CP10 the past few years and then Henne last year and this... I don't know that they have the liberty

The bottom line for me ...

I'd trade the entire draft to move up and get Luck.

Buffalo (if they end up with the #1 pick) may very well jump at this. They're not close to being a good team, and the additional picks would help them get closer. IMO, we're a QB away from being special (yes, I know we do have needs - but Luck is the QB prospect)

We've gotta do whatever it takes to get this kid.

Wow nimrod that is a 6 letter put down - like your subjectivity BTW - I love the way you think you are objective and everyone else is subjective - you must be getting paid millions for this QB science or art - Did an alien lay hands on you? - You are the QB whisperer. Psst... You over there shush he speaks - Hush everyone the QB whisperer speaks - hush... hush...

The very people you scorn are suggesting there is not enough evidence to suggest a players ceiling and you o wise prophet believe that you can foretell a QBs ceiling in College? H.S.? No... maybe as a baby...? Come on tell us the truth you can see through walls and people's clothing...

Dude I hope you are around for a long long time because this board was pretty boring back in 2004... A guy like you really lights it up for me...

Eli Eli Eli - why would you go there...?

No idea how long I'll be here... but the point still remains that, as clueless as you and your legion of stumpy sidekicks are at football... it's forgiveable... can even be overlooked, and simply contrued as your typical, run-of-the-mill, jersey wearing homer that's never been within arm's length of a football in their life...

However, what's "pure comedy" is the fact that you're even too clueless to recognize anyone that DOES know what they're talking about... What's "pure comedy" is how obvious it is that some of you actually enjoy the beatings you take around here, and getting exposed time and time again as totally irrelevant when it comes to discussing the intracacies of the game that brought us all to this very spot..

I think you're probably a good guy rev.. and a passionate fan.... but the bottom line is, I'll take what I know and how I gathered it over anybody that's ever posted on this forum... good day sir...

Buffalo (if they end up with the #1 pick) may very well jump at this. They're not close to being a good team, and the additional picks would help them get closer. IMO, we're a QB away from being special (yes, I know we do have needs - but Luck is the QB prospect)

I like Luck and I would trade up to keep him out of the AFC East - he is a big man with great mobility - but I am not selling out the entire draft I would mingle some picks from 2012 in there :)

Trading you whole draft for one player is pretty insane as far as football is concerned..

Look at examples of times this has happend in the past.

Granted it been for Rb's that i can think of..

Vikings giving up a plethora of picks for Hershel Walker- Cowboys built a dynasty with those picks.

Saints gave up a boat load of picks to get Ricky- Washington didnt do much with the picks..But Ricky Was not worth it.

Miami giving up 2- 1st round draft picks and a 3rd round draft pick to Saints - All 3 examples were pretty much blunders in the long term for the team giving up the picks..

No idea how long I'll be here... but the point still remains that, as clueless as you and your legion of stumpy sidekicks are at football... it's forgiveable... can even be overlooked, and simply contrued as your typical, run-of-the-mill, jersey wearing homer that's never been within arm's length of a football in their life...

However, what's "pure comedy" is the fact that you're even too clueless to recognize anyone that DOES know what they're talking about... What's "pure comedy" is how obvious it is that some of you actually enjoy the beatings you take around here, and getting exposed time and time again as totally irrelevant when it comes to discussing the intracacies of the game that brought us all to this very spot..

I think you're probably a good guy rev.. and a passionate fan.... but I'll take what I know and how I gathered it over anybody that's ever posted on this forum... good day sir...

I am a reasonable guy..., but your stuff is awesome..., I am like that bug that is drawn into the light...

When a person like you is born into this world (in the stands) during a football game at sub-zero temperatures they can have special privelidges and gifts... Can you reach out to your television screen and touch Jake's shoulder or CP10s arm...? I know you won't touch Henne beacuse he is a QB from Michigan...

Now I asked you for "objective" stuff and I got an "everything" Kev - Ryan does "everything" better than Henne...

Wow..., I am humbled

Back
Top Bottom