WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 6 Recap/Grades | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Week 6 Recap/Grades

What they're doing with RG3 isn't sustainable. They're going to get him killed. And he's not learning the position the way Tannehill is. Basically, the 'Skins are making the same mistakes Carolina made with Newton last season. The biggest difference is that Newton could withstand the punishment.

I agree with this. Even if I acknowledge that rg3 is having the best rookie qb season so far, I still wouldn't take him over tannehill. I always will take the big pocket passer over the slight scrambler who looks like he's gonna get broken in half any moment. I don't see how that guy is gonna last. It isnt sustainable

Nothing wrong with saying that Griffin will not survive but its the ignorant posts that say he is a bust that are beyond silly

I agree with this. Even if I acknowledge that rg3 is having the best rookie qb season so far, I still wouldn't take him over tannehill. I always will take the big pocket passer over the slight scrambler who looks like he's gonna get broken in half any moment. I don't see how that guy is gonna last. It isnt sustainable

You are both right on. Already one concussion through six games, and he is taking some big shots. Mike Shanahan is definitely thinking short term to save his job. Griffin's going to have a real short career if they don't change things quickly.

He is hit or miss but he has no shame in his game. Gotta respect that.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

I blame Shannahan on the playcalling. Keep Griffin up right in the pocket and i guarantee you will regret it. He is not one dimension like vick. He has a great arm and great intangibles.

Yea the comparisms to Vick are pretty inaccurate although Vick over time got better as a passer

In 10 yrs Tannehill has a chance to be working on a hall of fame career and RG III will be carrying around a card to tell be people where he lives because his brain will be oatmeal. It's terrible what Washington is doing with him.

Nothing wrong with saying that Griffin will not survive but its the ignorant posts that say he is a bust that are beyond silly

Well, yeah, WV tends to be a "bit" over-the-top.

In regard to the Dolphins game, I think it's a sign that we're becoming a good team. Learning to overcome off weeks or difficult match ups is crucial. You're not going to hit on all cylinders every week. It's a complicated sport with dramatic moving parts. As someone mentioned earlier, we used to be the team that would outplay someone all game and find a way to lose. The coaches will have plenty of material to keep our team motivated over the bye. GREAT win.

In 10 yrs Tannehill has a chance to be working on a hall of fame career and RG III will be carrying around a card to tell be people where he lives because his brain will be oatmeal. It's terrible what Washington is doing with him.

Both are quite reaches at this point.

What about fisher's awesome sunglasses?

Good thread although in all honesty I really wish you would stop calling Griffin a bust. All he does is make plays. He is outperforming both Tannehill and Luck so by you calling him a bust you are essentially stating the other two are more of a bust.

Good thread although in all honesty I really wish you would stop calling Griffin a bust. All he does is make plays. He is outperforming both Tannehill and Luck so by you calling him a bust you are essentially stating the other two are more of a bust.

Anyone who is calling Griffin a bust really doesnt know football . Now if they reworded their statement and said he is playing great but I think in long term he will be a bust you could respect that more. To gush over Tannehill and ignore what Griffin has done is not even evaulating anything just throwing crap against a wall

I know people are probably tired of comparing. But at even this early in this game, I see things about tannehill in his game that I like. I remember when Henne was drafted there were somethings that made me think he could be good, but then already I can see a difference here with tanny. What I noticed about tannehill already is his accuracy, he's pretty accurate and throws a pretty good deep ball too and also is already this early in his game he seems to have good anticipation with getting the ball to WRs before they make their cut. And what I've noticed is he knows how to drop passes in different spots or his ball placent is really good or especially for a rookie as young and inexeperienced as he is. His throwing on the run is good too. Yes, he still makes mistakes and I'm sure he will and there's obvious improvement and things he needs to work on like most nfl rookie qbs. But I do see a lot of promise with him and I especially like the fact that he seems to be improving and so fast especially considering not just because he;s a rookie, but he only had 19 starts in college before being drafted.

Jake Long sucks

I didn't think Jake played a bad game at all. The pressure comimg from his side usually came from a LB that went unblocked while Jake was engaging with a Defensive Lineman . . . in that situation Tannehill should have saw the delayed blitz or someone missed an assignment. Also the holding call was the biggest bunch of BS I've seen. I know Cam Wake will probably have a good laugh at what they called "holding" on Jake for. Jake was one on one all game and won his battles.

Back
Top Bottom