1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith

hoops:
"Keenan Allen wins with mostly short area quickness at the top of his routes. He has top shelf short area quicks makes him a go to on 3rd down and iso

maybe that article is trying to comp production I don’t think the skill sets are the same"

That doesn't make sense to me. You say the skill sets aren't the same and then say that those short area quicks are what drives Allen's game and that Smith's biggest strength is his ability to create early separation. That sounds like the exact same skill. Granted Smith has additional skills that Allen doesn't have. Maybe that's what you meant? But the article listed Allen as Smith's floor so it was saying that at a minimum Smith could do what Allen does?

one guys entire game is driven out of it I don’t think the others is that’s what I meant. Allens not bad in his stem though in terms of leaning into dbs and using leverage to help create

as far as allens floor I was assuming that was production based given it references 1000 yards plus for x number of years

I just don’t see them being similar players. I can see chase being a combo of keenan Allen and amari cooper more than I can see smith being a comparable one.

but I also don’t much get the jerry rice comps. Rice was very high cut so was his teammate Jon Taylor. To me he’s Marvin Harrison

been a long time since I’ve seen rice though so...

If you watched Alabama the last two years, when Alabama needed a play, more often then any other player, it was Smith they went to. Whether that was due to the QB trusting him or the OC scheming for him, it's obvious he was the go to guy in those situations. Ask any Alabama fan and they'll tell you the same thing.

I don’t care what any Alabama fan says raf

all those one on ones with no help told me plenty in prior years defenses were worried about other folks. At that time at least

So who benefited from all that attention this year smith drew? Menchie who is pretty much dime a dozen in terms of pro level

or at least better show a whole lot more twitch and ability to separate next year

one guys entire game is driven out of it I don’t think the others is that’s what I meant. Allens not bad in his stem though in terms of leaning into dbs and using leverage to help create

as far as allens floor I was assuming that was production based given it references 1000 yards plus for x number of years

I just don’t see them being similar players. I can see chase being a combo of keenan Allen and amari cooper more than I can see smith being a comparable one.

but I also don’t much get the jerry rice comps. Rice was very high cut so was his teammate Jon Taylor. To me he’s Marvin Harrison

been a long time since I’ve seen rice though so...
IMO you mis-read it then, b/c that's what he's saying. That at a minimum Smith has that same quick separation skill as Allen, but that Smith ceiling is higher b/c that's not his entire game. And that high cut that Smith has is exactly the same thing I see in the Rice comps.

• Love
Reactions: Jed

all those one on ones with no help told me plenty in prior years defenses were worried about other folks. At that time at least
You may not care, but it is what happened. When Alabama needed a play, Smith was their go to guy.

YAWN!!!!

this should be interesting explain to me where I’m wrong in prior years?

just cause he played primarily the boundary and matched up against stingley there as a result doesn’t mean that teams weren’t paying more attention to other guys

IMO you mis-read it then, b/c that's what he's saying. That at a minimum Smith has that same quick separation skill as Allen, but that Smith ceiling is higher b/c that's not his entire game. And that high cut that Smith has is exactly the same thing I see in the Rice comps.

I don’t think smith is high cut I think he’s skinny in tbe lower half so folks call it that. High cut was jon Taylor and Chris chambers

Just a yawn,dude....No one said you were right or wrong...just a rain drop in a thunderstorm....

The problem defending Alabama was that offensive line. Play coverage and they run it down your throat. You absolutely had to bring an extra defender into the box.

So now what? That forces you to play man or soft zone. You don’t have enough bodies in the back end to double Smitty.

I could not believe they had a linebacker on Smitty on that long TD, but they just could not stop that running game with nickel personnel.

Bamas got you both ways that’s definitely the problem.

run or pass they got you. At the college level I didn’t see anything that could deal with that this year

Well..excuse us for building a offense ,the right way...

Are we pretending that teams were selling out to stop the run when facing Alabama now? That's the level of made up BS we're at?

Back
Top Bottom