#18 On the Clock... Here’s the Board | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#18 On the Clock... Here’s the Board

After going WR at 6..

Here is your board at 18:

Harris RB, Williams RB
WR: entire board except consensus top 3
OL: Darisaw, Mayfield, Tucker,Leahltheewood Dickerson
Edge: Paye, Oweh, Ojulari
DT: Barrmore, Levi
LB Collins

What’s the call GM?
The one that really stands out is Paye. I think Miami needs a pass rushing DE more than the Van Noy linebacker type. I think Flores views that position as Van Ginkel's. That said, I do love Collins.

Hear me out on this one before you call me crazy. I would very much consider Barmore at #18. If how he played down the stretch for Alabama is an indication of what type of NFL player he will become, Barmore could be a dominant force against the pass and the run. Heck, he could be one of the best pass rushers from this class.

Now, I recognize Miami's strength at the position with Wilkins, Davis etc. so I wouldn't expect that. But I think Barmore could be better than both. Wilkins is solid, Davis plays his role well.

The one that really stands out is Paye. I think Miami needs a pass rushing DE more than the Van Noy linebacker type. I think Flores views that position as Van Ginkel's. That said, I do love Collins.

Hear me out on this one before you call me crazy. I would very much consider Barmore at #18. If how he played down the stretch for Alabama is an indication of what type of NFL player he will become, Barmore could be a dominant force against the pass and the run. Heck, he could be one of the best pass rushers from this class.

Now, I recognize Miami's strength at the position with Wilkins, Davis etc. so I wouldn't expect that. But I think Barmore could be better than both. Wilkins is solid, Davis plays his role well.
Barmore isn’t crazy at all.
Few reasons- Def minded HC, Bama product, 5 sacks from DT 5 games...
Godcheax/ Lawson voids, Wilkins getting closer to FA...
Could slide Wilkins to DE
Thought Davis was overused last year
Barmore solidifies the front 7 as much as Collins or Paye IMO.

Barmore isn’t crazy at all.
Few reasons- Def minded HC, Bama product, 5 sacks from DT 5 games...
Godcheax/ Lawson voids, Wilkins getting closer to FA...
Could slide Wilkins to DE
Thought Davis was overused last year
Barmore solidifies the front 7 as much as Collins or Paye IMO.
Not this year...

We signed both Adam Butler and John Jenkins to provide depth and rotational play on the inside, and both are expected to stick.

There is no room for Barmore this year and DT is not a weakness on this team.

Paye or Darrisaw, but hopefully we didn't go WR @ 6.
Not this year...

We signed both Adam Butler and John Jenkins to provide depth and rotational play on the inside, and both are expected to stick.

There is no room for Barmore this year and DT is not a weakness on this team.
Always room for big talent-
Jenkins may not make the cut. I think his dead cap is $150K.
I wouldn’t mind that interior presence especially in this scheme.
I would be OK with this kid and I think Slim is a fan- he usually has good eye for Bama talent.

I would be OK with this kid and I think Slim is a fan- he usually has good eye for Bama talent.
Heh!

Slim...

ROFL!

Ahem... sorry about the first response.

I like Barmore as a player; don't get me wrong, but he's a three technique Tackle and we already have Wilkins and Seiler manning those positions-- two young players, both of whom are signed for awhile yet.

As a need, this is well down our list of priorities... 6th or 7th on the list... maybe.

If Barmore were a double digit sack guy... maybe, but he isn't, nor is he expected to be. He is the exact same sort of player that we already have in Wilkins... and Seiler... and Davis, and we got Davis in the 2nd round and people still bitched-- as he became a member of the all-rookie team.

Barmore fits on a lot of draft boards, just not ours.

Barmore would be a pick for the future of the team. An investment, not a hole plugger. He could be so much more than a 3 technique: 0, 4, 5.

Seriously.... Barmore will not be there at #18. If the Lions pass on him at #7, there's Carolina: Barmore + Brown=LOOKOUT! Or maybe he makes it to DL hungry Dallas...NYG... or NE at #15 (Dog forbid!).... EVERYONE NEEDS BARMORE..... Including the Dolphins.

But we would have to take him at #6. I would do it if Pitts is gone.

Everyone remember Vernon Carey?

RW

Back
Top Bottom