#18 On the Clock... Here’s the Board | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#18 On the Clock... Here’s the Board

Cmon Dolfan91 play the scenario out haha
Ok ok, I'll play. If I'm unable to trade down, I'll take Zaven Collins!!! Lots of potential and a schematic fit for Miami. Or take Levi and play him at DE. He'd be a monster in a Flores defense.

Last edited:
Barmore would be a pick for the future of the team. An investment, not a hole plugger. He could be so much more than a 3 technique: 0, 4, 5.

Seriously.... Barmore will not be there at #18. If the Lions pass on him at #7, there's Carolina: Barmore + Brown=LOOKOUT! Or maybe he makes it to DL hungry Dallas...NYG... or NE at #15 (Dog forbid!).... EVERYONE NEEDS BARMORE..... Including the Dolphins.

But we would have to take him at #6. I would do it if Pitts is gone.

Everyone remember Vernon Carey?

RW
Well... I see that you like him.

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

I'll be that guy, assuming no trade down and the way the board fell I take Harris. My logic is this.

There is more of a chance for a DE or LB I like to make it to 36 than there is that one of the three RBs to be there.

Just to be clear, had we not taken a WR at 6 I would have nabbed Bateman. I run the card up if it's Parsons, but hes gone in this scenario.

Feel free to roast me since I know a RB in the first is a sin haha

I'll be that guy, assuming no trade down and the way the board fell I take Harris. My logic is this.

There is more of a chance for a DE or LB I like to make it to 36 than there is that one of the three RBs to be there.

Just to be clear, had we not taken a WR at 6 I would have nabbed Bateman. I run the card up if it's Parsons, but hes gone in this scenario.

RB in the first? I bet you level dexterity too

Wilfork was a great nose tackle. I think Barmore would be a DE in a 3-4, not a nose.
Picking Vernon Carey over Wilfork was the Dolphins handing the keys to the AFCE to Belichick.

A colossal mistake. "But we need a right tackle more than we need a DT.....(whining)".

But... future Pro Bowl prospect Barmore will be gone by #18, so....

I trade down to #22... "Hello, Titans?"

Take BPA from there based on whom we picked at #6.

I take a long look at Collins, another freak, or maybe Harris or E. Moore.

RW

Picking Vernon Carey over Wilfork was the Dolphins handing the keys to the AFCE to Belichick.

A colossal mistake. "But we need a right tackle more than we need a DT.....(whining)".

RW
I've been advocating that Tenn trade too. (Also 6 to Den). I'd grab Najee in an instant.

RW
You really see Barmore being that good? Will have to dive a bit deeper so. I've so far seen him as a very talented jack-of-all-trades guy, which is very valuable to have but usually not all pro material.

I just have a hunch Onwuzurike will be the stellar DL of this draft.

Tried to keep it realistic... I really think Parsons long gone by 18..
So yeah I think you nailed part of the big question - RB at 18 because the top 2 -3 will be gone by #36... what’s the call.
Remember we just missed in couple RBs Rd2 last year.

Anyone familiar with Paye can tell me what quality makes him special?
Didn’t watch much of Michigan last season myself. I see some strong hands and hustle but not sure better value than Collins/ Barrmore

Barmore isn’t crazy at all.
Few reasons- Def minded HC, Bama product, 5 sacks from DT 5 games...
Godcheax/ Lawson voids, Wilkins getting closer to FA...
Could slide Wilkins to DE
Thought Davis was overused last year
Barmore solidifies the front 7 as much as Collins or Paye IMO.
I mention barmore last week, he’s really good. It would be a very good pick @ 18

Back
Top Bottom