2016 Coaching Data Base | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 Coaching Data Base

I am unimpressed with Hue Jackson.
It is too early to give up on Campbell.
He is 2-2 as our coach.
If he ends up 2-10, then I will listen to alternatives.
If we do get different coaches, we need a defensive minded coach.

Lol your unimpressed by Hue Jackson but it's too early to give up on Dan Campbell? What Dan Campbell showed me today let me know hes in over his head.

Rah rah stuff aside, Hue Jackson is a better coach than Campbell and it's not even close.

I want Kyle Shannahan but any of the big names on this list would make me happy.

If we're going the college route the only viable option IMO would be David Shaw. Runs pro style principles and has pro experience.

When will people learn the spread doesn't work in the league?

Whoever we get I hope to hell we get some players who play with a physical passion and know what smart disciplined football is.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

I want Kyle Shannahan but any of the big names on this list would make me happy.

If we're going the college route the only viable option IMO would be David Shaw. Runs pro style principles and has pro experience.

When will people learn the spread doesn't work in the league?

David Shaw is too much of an emotionless robot for me. He has Philbin's sideline demeanor.

Whoever we get I hope to hell we get some players who play with a physical passion and know what smart disciplined football is.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

David Shaw is too much of an emotionless robot for me. He has Philbin's sideline demeanor.

At least he will bring a fullback to Miami. That should be a requirement to interview for the job

He also has extensive experience in the WCO, the offense Tannehill needs to be running.

I don't like the power run game, I prefer the zone game (which is why Shanny is my #1 candidate), but at least he brings the WC passing game

I can't even do this. I have no faith in our people to make a good hire. None.

Can you guys please stop the bs with Campbell? It's the same crap like last year when Lazor was the savior. PLEASE STOP THE INSANITY. No more retaining staff from failed regimes. Let a new hire sort it out with a clean slate.

I can't even do this. I have no faith in our people to make a good hire. None.

Agreed if Ross half-asses it again and retains staff with conditions for a new hire I'm going to be livid.

Agreed if Ross half-asses it again and retains staff with conditions for a new hire I'm going to be livid.

I don't think even if they cleaned house that Ross has an intuition to hire the right people to put things right. But, lets be honest. He's enamored with the Jets. He brings in old Jets people. It's like that makes him feel he's part of his favorite team growing up. So he'll keep Tannenbaum and the other people in the organization with Jets ties. And he'll probably hire Mangini, just because he coached the Jets.

I just see no reason to trust in Ross to do anything right.

I don't think even if they cleaned house that Ross has an intuition to hire the right people to put things right. But, lets be honest. He's enamored with the Jets. He brings in old Jets people. It's like that makes him feel he's part of his favorite team growing up. So he'll keep Tannenbaum and the other people in the organization with Jets ties. And he'll probably hire Mangini, just because he coached the Jets.

I just see no reason to trust in Ross to do anything right.

Honestly never gave this too much thought but you're probably right.

I know that Ross lives in New York, was a jets fan, etc.

I know that Tannenbaum, Aponte, Higgins, are from the Jets.

Not sure why but I never made the connection. Looks like Mangini it is..

I've wanted Gruden forever... It's gonna be next to impossible to pry him away from ESPN.

I will say this: I like Jackson as much as I have liked McCoy.

I'm thinkin more n more Brian Kelly. that guy has fire. that man coaches up players... coaches his coaches... prob is them ND boosters have deeeeeeeeeep pockets, solid tradition, and university prestige... tough to walk from cache like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol your unimpressed by Hue Jackson but it's too early to give up on Dan Campbell? What Dan Campbell showed me today let me know hes in over his head.

Rah rah stuff aside, Hue Jackson is a better coach than Campbell and it's not even close.
You know right now Dan Campbell and Hue Jackson have the same winning percentages as head coaches. I remember during Hue's only season as an HC his Raiders lost a critical must win home game at the end of the season to a pretty bad chargers team. Raider nation pretty much bailed on him then because they thought losing that game showed them all they needed to see about him as a HC. Time sure is a flat circle since Hue's a hot ticket again and Campbell's career is over after losing 2 road games to good teams. Or maybe there are just too many gasbags around who rush to spout absolutes when they don't know jack****.

As for the main point of the thread, I like Hue a lot as a coordinator. If we go the coordinator route to find our next HC he'd be one of the few options I'd think were quality choices. A lot of people are longing for the prestige of a Payton or Urban that's just not going to happen. The only way a coach of that stature chooses this situation would be after Ross bribes them with boatloads of cash. That won't be someone who gives a damn about this team and failure is guaranteed in those circumstances. That's one of the many reasons why I believe Campbell is the best, most inspired choice moving forward. He's one of the few people on this planet who seems to really give a **** about this team. Let him cut his teeth this year then genuinely support him as he rebuilds this coaching staff. It's wildly unrealistic to have expected a flawless transition to his becoming HC of a fiery garbage heap in the middle of the season. But he's shown enough genuine ability and understanding to be worth developing.

Feel free to add names

"Big Names": Classified this way because they previously won a Super Bowl(s)
Bill Cowher
Jon Gruden
Sean Payton
Mike Shanahan

Recycled Coaches: Former NFL head coach that are currently not working
Jim Schwartz
Mike Smith

Possible Fired Coaches:
Gus Bradlely
Mike McCoy
Chuck Pagano

Offensive Coordinators:
Ben McAdoo
Darrell Bevell
Rod Chudzinski
Adam Gase
Todd Haley
Hue Jackson
Dirk Koetter
Scott Linehan
Josh McDaniels
Frank Reich
Greg Roman
Mike Shula
Kyle Shanahan
Pat Shurmur

Defensive Coordinators:
Teryl Austin
Dom Capers
Ray Horton
Eric Mangini
Rod Marinelli
Sean McDermott
Matt Patricia
Dennis Thurman

Special Team Coordinators:
Dave Fipp
Dave Toub

Position Coaches:
Tom Cable
Bill Callahan
Dan Campbell
Doug Marrone
Mike Munchak

College Coaches:
Mark Dantonio
Brian Kelly
Gus Malzahn
Jim Mora
Matt Rhule
David Shaw
Kevin Sumlin

can you email Ross this?

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

I have heard Mike Shula's name get tossed. is he OC at Carolina?

These head coaches need to eval the talent. Will the front office admit their own mistakes and allow the HC to get new players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom