2016 - Draft Day thread | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 - Draft Day thread

Everyone has been hating on TB since he's been here... I hope he's able to prove all the fans wrong after this weekend. I mean come on, he is a major part of the FO so why the heck would we not root him on?!

The Tunsil pick is really interesting. That's really best case scenario for this FO. They have no real insight as scouts, all TBum had to do was make the call to go against the grain and assume he's the smartest person in the room. I'm glad he gambled more than doing some nonsense based on his terrible instincts like trading up for Elliot. This might be Tbum's best quality, the willingness to go his own way. There really are too many sheep in this league. All scared off of nonsense with Tunsil. Could blow up spectacularly and he looks like a fool because he had every warning sign, but my first impression is that it won't and it was a pretty excellent pick.

Tunsil would have still been the BPA. he was #2 on our board (to ramsey, i would imagine).

as it turned out, we got kiko and maxwell for absolutely nothing, tradewise.

I hope everyone who was complaining about that trade feels awfully silly right now. We trade back 5 spots to fill our MLB and CB spot and then get the best offensive linemen in the draft falling right in our laps. Our front office has it's flaws but damn was that a home run of a trade!

I like Tunsil but god damn our cb group is horrific

Miami Dolphins: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss A+ Grade
How did the best player in the draft (according to some) fall to No. 13? I'll be shocked if Laremy Tunsil is on Twitter ever again.

This is a slam-dunk A+. I suppose Miami isn't the most ideal environment for Tunsil, but his talent level is unquestionable. He's a franchise left tackle with an All-Pro skill set, and Miami will need one once the injury-prone Branden Albert moves on. Taking Tunsil here is a no-brainer. The risk is well worth the reward, and this could end up being the best pick in the entire 2016 NFL Draft.

I like Tunsil but god damn our cb group is horrific

For all the people who want the emphasis to be put on the D, I say this....

I want to devote as much of the next 2 drafts to defense... except 1 pick. It was ridiculous for us to continue to half address OL year in and year out... watch Tannehill get sacked over and over ... and watching the entire offense suffer from the inability to execute the timing and design of each play called.

Well guys, the offense is now able to carry this team for a while. Take the rest of this draft and the entire next draft... build the D. We now have the new strength of the team... we can run the ball with practically anyone behind this OL. We can control the clock, convert on short yardage and keep the D off the field.

NOW, go build that Defense! The offense can carry the load now.

Ya know, NE probably would've taken Jack at 30 if he's there... Too bad they can't.

I hope everyone who was complaining about that trade feels awfully silly right now. We trade back 5 spots to fill our MLB and CB spot and then get the best offensive linemen in the draft falling right in our laps. Our front office has it's flaws but damn was that a home run of a trade!

This cannot be understated. If Maxwell and Kiko are even adequate, this was the move of the year. I'm still stunned!

Miami got the steal of the draft.
Huge problem for the team including Albert salary is fixed.

Hold up......yeah it worked out that way - apparently we finally fell into luck turning for us....BUT....up to 10 minutes before the draft Tunsil was still going to go in the top 5 if not #3. You're giving our FO too much credit....there was no way anyone could foresee this and it turned out the best way possible....but don't pretend that our brain trust had absolutely anything to do with it (well....unless they leaked the bong photo/video). The planets simply lined up right and it happened.......it would not look nearly as fantastic if the Tunsil drama didn't happen and he went high like he was supposed to....no need for anyone to feel silly since this was a total out of nowhere game changer that Tannebaum & Co. knew nothing about when they traded out originally and there was no way in hell ANYONE expected Tunsil to be there at #13.

This cannot be understated. If Maxwell and Kiko are even adequate, this was the move of the year. I'm still stunned!

Again....there was no "move".....it was the football gods shining on us for once....the only thing to be grateful for is that our FO had some balls and went with BPA instead of being scared off or reaching & screwing it up.

Back
Top Bottom