2017 Miami Dolphins Playoffs Scenarios | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 Miami Dolphins Playoffs Scenarios

And that reflects the thinking of the modal hardcore fan, with regard to so many things about the team.

You have made great contributions here.

I don't believe the thinking is dumb, as much as too much faith in momentum. As soon as a trend begins in either direction the projection is that it will continue that way.

Late home games are a traditional means for struggling teams to look far better than they really are. Not final week when bags are packed, but a month or so earlier. A poster here made a great point regarding our Denver game, that it was the type of game in which the home team owned a huge advantage. Absolutely. Denver was sent home a week later and had terrific energy in dispatching the Jets.

How good are you? That's the basic criteria. Once you're good enough it's a wonderful feeling because suddenly the positive situational spots are complete routs and the negative situational spots are dealt with routinely, as if they didn't exist.

It's been a long time. Holidays in the early '70s were awesome because Christmas was just the beginning of the season, thanks to the Dolphins and their playoff slate.

I love how people get so offended by playoff talk on a fan message forum. Seriously, 100% of the site knows and knew we were likely dead. Those "I told you so'ing" are not any smarter than anyone else. If playoff scenarios exist there isn't an issue with discussing them on a fan message forum. This team will not win the Super Bowl or make the playoffs, that's been known since August but as long as they're alive I'm rooting for it. It's not going to hurt when they don't make it because I do not expect it. The scenarios really aren't that bad though. In fact us winning our last 2 is probably the hardest part of the whole thing:

I agree, it's harmless fun. Not sure why anyone would feel the need to shriek at those of us who know this team is hosed but still want to hold out hope for a playoff ticket.

Adam Gase seems to take losses personally. If we make it to the playoffs, we will likely get dumptrucked. But that's one more team or coach Adam Gase is going to want revenge against next season. That's how I see it.

Playoffs?

I mean....of course we need to win out to still have a pulse.

But looking only at Week 16 to stay alive:

- Pats over Bills.
- Eagles over Raiders.
- Rams over Titans.

If these three games fell this way, plus a road W in KC for us.

We would still be alive heading into week 17.

Seems potentially pretty realistic to me.

Am I alone or do some of you still believe as well?

Didn't a Rex Ryan lead Jets team sneak into a wildcard spot a few seasons back after Rex himself declared they were out of the payoff hunt in like week 15?

And if I recall accurately, it was a similar type of situation that we are in now. There was a log jam of teams around .500 vying for those wildcard spots.

I also remember a Herman Edwards led Chiefs squad that snuck in at the conclusion of the week 17 games one season when, heading into the day, they needed like 6 different outcomes to fall in their favor.

All I'm saying is that I still believe!

Dilly! Dilly!

I am going to add this in with the other playoff chance discussion. You will find a few other diehards still believe

I think theres more chance of me spending christmas on Mars though

Playoffs?

I mean....of course we need to win out to still have a pulse.

But looking only at Week 16 to stay alive:

- Pats over Bills.
- Eagles over Raiders.
- Rams over Titans.

If these three games fell this way, plus a road W in KC for us.

We would still be alive heading into week 17.

Seems potentially pretty realistic to me.

Am I alone or do some of you still believe as well?

Didn't a Rex Ryan lead Jets team sneak into a wildcard spot a few seasons back after Rex himself declared they were out of the payoff hunt in like week 15?

And if I recall accurately, it was a similar type of situation that we are in now. There was a log jam of teams around .500 vying for those wildcard spots.

I also remember a Herman Edwards led Chiefs squad that snuck in at the conclusion of the week 17 games one season when, heading into the day, they needed like 6 different outcomes to fall in their favor.

All I'm saying is that I still believe!

Dilly! Dilly!

Hey Rep, the following are high probabilities according the the Quants
- Pats over Bills.
- Eagles over Raiders.
- Rams over Titans.

The Phins winning out, they wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, they say the team is too Schizophrenic to be able to tell anything, math does not work on Psycopaths. (No really that is what they said)

So I asked the Mules, they both said, "not a chance", I go with the Mules with this one. If I had horses they would say "Naaaaaay"

The Ever Equine VIPER

I agree, it's harmless fun. Not sure why anyone would feel the need to shriek at those of us who know this team is hosed but still want to hold out hope for a playoff ticket.

Adam Gase seems to take losses personally. If we make it to the playoffs, we will likely get dumptrucked. But that's one more team or coach Adam Gase is going to want revenge against next season. That's how I see it.

Good point!

Again with this? It's over people. Think about free agency and the draft. Believe me, it'll make you feel a little better

Ozzy rules!!

To be honest I really don't want to think about free agency OR the draft. Miami's talent evaluators are just as bad as the team itself. I simply root for Miami to win. I really don't care about anything else (i.e. draft, free agency, coaches, players, ownership, schedule......did I miss anything).

Miami gets smashed in KC, Kelce and Hunt gonna just out athlete Miami. And thanks to a good friend in KC, my brothers and father and I will be there to witness it. Merry Christmas Ya'll.

Back
Top Bottom