2017 Miami Dolphins Playoffs Scenarios | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 Miami Dolphins Playoffs Scenarios

Best chance would be the Chargers and Raiders each losing one more game. Plus Tennesee needs to lose out. Could also get in if both KC and Baltimore also end up at 8-8. I just don't see a Jay Cutler led Dolphins team winning in Kansas City. As many have said the Dolphins really screwed themselves , with the help of the refs , when they lost at home to the Raiders and Bucs. Had they pulled those games out they would be in good position for a wildcard right now.

Answer me this, if Tenn and Buffalo lose this week and Miami wins, is there any way we are eliminated this week?

Miami choked away their playoff chance. That doesn’t mean they ultimately choked. No one outside of us here have them a shred of a chance to win the last 3.

The odds against that happening were severely understated, on forums like this and on the sites that supposedly evaluate playoff percentages. I looked at those sites. Anything that was assigning the Dolphins above 4-5% did not know what they were doing.

It would have been one thing if the Dolphins were going to be favored in every game. But since we were facing playoff contenders and road underdog in two consecutive games, the hurdle was immense.

* The closing line at Buffalo was Dolphins +3.5. That's a man to man money line of +155

* The current line is Dolphins +10 at Kansas City. That's a man to man money line of +450

* Let's use pick-em for a line on Dolphins hosting Buffalo. That's obviously even money

Given those numbers it's roughly 27/1 theoretical odds against sweeping all three. No, that's not a choke.

When I was presenting it here in recent weeks I tried to be as conservative as possible, like using +3.5 points at Kansas City. That was if everything fell apart for the Chiefs while soaring for Miami. I even made Miami a 6 point favorite over Buffalo in the finale.

Yet it never equated to less than 40/1 at sweeping the final 4 games.

Reactions: <O>
Dolphins 1000-1 to win AFC right now at topbet. Lol.

Bet 100 on the Patriots and win 77.

Seems like an easy choice

And to add insult to injury the Titans lost. Thank god we can end all this playoff talk now! All of us knew this team is too inconsistent to win three straight to make it into the playoffs. I wasn't fooled. I'm sure 85% of us knew we'd go into Buffalo and lay an egg

The odds against that happening were severely understated, on forums like this and on the sites that supposedly evaluate playoff percentages. I looked at those sites. Anything that was assigning the Dolphins above 4-5% did not know what they were doing.

It would have been one thing if the Dolphins were going to be favored in every game. But since we were facing playoff contenders and road underdog in two consecutive games, the hurdle was immense.

* The closing line at Buffalo was Dolphins +3.5. That's a man to man money line of +155

* The current line is Dolphins +10 at Kansas City. That's a man to man money line of +450

* Let's use pick-em for a line on Dolphins hosting Buffalo. That's obviously even money

Given those numbers it's roughly 27/1 theoretical odds against sweeping all three. No, that's not a choke.

When I was presenting it here in recent weeks I tried to be as conservative as possible, like using +3.5 points at Kansas City. That was if everything fell apart for the Chiefs while soaring for Miami. I even made Miami a 6 point favorite over Buffalo in the finale.

Yet it never equated to less than 40/1 at sweeping the final 4 games.

And that reflects the thinking of the modal hardcore fan, with regard to so many things about the team.

The classic scene from the movie "Dumb and Dumber" captures it well:

;)

I think if Oakland and SD both win it eliminates us.

Nah, because the Chiefs still could lose @Denver in week 17, so even if the Chargers win out and Oakland wins @ Philly, SD wins the west and Miami holds tiebreaker over Chiefs and Titans.

Again, the only reason playoff talk is not ridiculous as it seems is because everything we need to happen is mostly favorable.

Buffalo should lose @NE
Tennessee, even at home, should lose to the Rams and Jville
Raiders should lose to either @Philly or @Chargers, we only need 1.

Sure a Chiefs loss @Denver in week 17 or a Chargers loss traveling on the road for a 1 p.m. Game @jets would be perfect.

But most important and the toughest part of it all is Miami going into KC in sub 30s weather and getting the win. That is the result that I don't expect. KC matches up with us so well and I have little confidence in our offense putting up points in that environment.

I felt like we could beat NE in our building with Gronk out. I don't think we have much of a shot in this one.

Hopeful, but this sets up as a disaster game for us on paper.

Back
Top Bottom