2017 Miami Dolphins Playoffs Scenarios | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 Miami Dolphins Playoffs Scenarios

Again, the only reason playoff talk is not ridiculous as it seems is because everything we need to happen is mostly favorable.

Buffalo should lose @NE
Tennessee, even at home, should lose to the Rams and Jville
Raiders should lose to either @Philly or @Chargers, we only need 1.

Sure a Chiefs loss @Denver in week 17 or a Chargers loss traveling on the road for a 1 p.m. Game @jets would be perfect.

But most important and the toughest part of it all is Miami going into KC in sub 30s weather and getting the win. That is the result that I don't expect. KC matches up with us so well and I have little confidence in our offense putting up points in that environment.

I felt like we could beat NE in our building with Gronk out. I don't think we have much of a shot in this one.

Hopeful, but this sets up as a disaster game for us on paper.

This is exactly right. Like it or not, the playoffs actually seem like it's a possibility

I think we will get blasted at KC as they seem to be surging at the right time. If we happen to win I think LA is the biggest obstacle for us. I think you can stick a fork in the Titans (I've been saying this for weeks) the QB play they are getting is bigger garbage than us and they have the Rams and Jags. Unless for some reason those teams have nothing to play for the Titans will go 0-2. The Raiders will likely lose to Philly and the Bills in Foxboro is about a sure a bet you can get. SD could win out though, if McCown was playing I'd feel better about the upset but I can't see Petty winning a game the other team must have. If we win the Chargers face a must win in week 17 vs Oakland and I think they'd take that. We'll see, I expect LA to go 2-0 and be the 6th seed.

And to add insult to injury the Titans lost. Thank god we can end all this playoff talk now! All of us knew this team is too inconsistent to win three straight to make it into the playoffs. I wasn't fooled. I'm sure 85% of us knew we'd go into Buffalo and lay an egg

Curious attitude for a "Fan" to have.

playoff scenarios for Miami:
  • Miami wins last two and Buffalo (8-6), Baltimore (8-6) and Tennessee (8-6) all lose out.

• Miami wins last two and two of Buffalo/Baltimore/Tennessee lose out, plus Los Angeles Chargers (7-7) win out, plus Kansas City (8-6) loses out.

• Miami wins last two and Baltimore and Tennessee lose out, plus Chargers lose one game.

• Miami wins last two and Buffalo and Tennessee lose out, plus Oakland (6-8) and Chargers lose one game.

• Miami wins last two and Baltimore and Buffalo lose out, Oakland and Chargers lose one game.
  • Miami discovers an alternative universe where they don't suck and swaps teams.

Last edited:
  • Miami wins last two and Buffalo and Tennessee lose out, plus Oakland (6-8) and Chargers lose one game.

This is probably the most likely scenario, and it's not very likely.

That said, I'll keep watching. You never know, maybe good Jay shows up and we can spoil someone's home playoff game.

I love how people get so offended by playoff talk on a fan message forum. Seriously, 100% of the site knows and knew we were likely dead. Those "I told you so'ing" are not any smarter than anyone else. If playoff scenarios exist there isn't an issue with discussing them on a fan message forum. This team will not win the Super Bowl or make the playoffs, that's been known since August but as long as they're alive I'm rooting for it. It's not going to hurt when they don't make it because I do not expect it. The scenarios really aren't that bad though. In fact us winning our last 2 is probably the hardest part of the whole thing:

1. Baltimore can punch their ticket. They could have weeks ago with their schedule down the stretch.

That leaves the 6th seed only and nobody wants it:

The Titans are dead meat, they will not win again (Rams, Jags)
The Bills are dead meat, they will not win again (@NE haha and I believe we split with them and win in Miami)
The Raiders are dead meat, they will likely not win again (Philly, LA Chargers)
Chargers will likely go 2-0 (@ Jets, Oakland) and snatch the last spot.

I think we get blasted by the Chiefs who are playing great ball but getting in at 8-8 is not that far fetched and there is no reason to get offended by talking about it. Once we lose next week the conversations will really be put to bed. Something tells me though if we win @KC (I know we won't) we'll be watching the LA vs Oakland game with our Raiders Jerseys on New Years eve.

I have no idea why anybody is talking about SD they aren't relevant to the conversation.

The short and skinny is..
We win against KC and Buf
Tenn drops the next two against LA and Jax

These are longshots but it's the only thing that can get us in. Jax plays SF this week they drop that game it sets up a showdown with TEN for the title.

I think a JAX loss against SF sets up nice for a shot at the end.

I have no idea why anybody is talking about SD they aren't relevant to the conversation.

The short and skinny is..
We win against KC and Buf
Tenn drops the next two against LA and Jax

These are longshots but it's the only thing that can get us in. Jax plays SF this week they drop that game it sets up a showdown with TEN for the title.

I think a JAX loss against SF sets up nice for a shot at the end.

Because if The Chargers win out (at jets and vs. Oak) and the Chiefs lose to us, but beat the Broncos, then both teams are at 9 wins, in addition to Baltimore who pretty much is a lock with their schedule.

Thats 3 nine win teams with 3 playoff spots left

We can only get 8 wins

Thats why

Because if The Chargers win out (at jets and vs. Oak) and the Chiefs lose to us, but beat the Broncos, then both teams are at 9 wins, in addition to Baltimore who pretty much is a lock with their schedule.

Thats 3 nine win teams with 3 playoff spots left

We can only get 8 wins

Thats why

Yes if we win Sunday, huge if. the chargers are the biggest obstacle. I see Tennessee losing out but I see LA winning out and getting to 9 wins. KC will not lose to Denver. It would be fun to at least be scoreboard watching on New Years eve

Yes if we win Sunday, huge if. the chargers are the biggest obstacle. I see Tennessee losing out but I see LA winning out and getting to 9 wins. KC will not lose to Denver. It would be fun to at least be scoreboard watching on New Years eve

Yea man, I mean certainly the biggest obstacle for me when deciding to put the house on the Dolphins playoffs chances, is in fact the Dolphins lol. But every scenario is assuming them winning out.

KC @ Denver will be interesting. Rival game, hostile environment and if that Denver defense comes out to play, they can harrass Alex Smith and make it interesting.

Completely agree about scoreboard watching. Will be at the Rock on NYE, and to have a shot would be glorious . . . But ruining Buffalo's chance will be fun as well.

Would be the opposite of last year hoping that the Broncos would beat KC for us to get in.

Would be the opposite of last year hoping that the Broncos would beat KC for us to get in.

If the Chargers some how lose to the Jets on the road, early game with west coast team heading east, and Oakland loses @ Philly on Monday . . . .then all that matters is tennessee losing and of course buffalo losing at NE.

Then we would be in a tennessee lose, we win, we in situation come week 17

That is the easiest path

Back
Top Bottom