2018 Game 11 Snap Reactions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Game 11 Snap Reactions

This was an exciting football game and I’ll take it every week over 54-51 etc w a different outcome of course.

More importantly, Adam Gase is a fraud and loser:

1. :38 and 2 TOs left in the half - takes a knee.

2. 8 min to go, need to chew clock and instead calls 2 pass plays and a negative stupid run play on 3rd and 10. No time taken off of the clock.

3. Tie game, ball on own 6, 3 min to go. Plays it safe for the punt - which is going to set the Colts up near mid field.

PS
4. On 3rd and 10 just outside of FG range he calls a run which gets 7 yards. Only way you call a run there is if you are going for it on 4th. That’s at least the 3rd time this year he’s done this. That is chicken ****.

Gase sucks, period. He’s a loser and phony. And he can pack up and go. Never liked him from day 1, didn’t know what he did to earn the job (carrying a clipboard for Peyton was his greatest accomplishment), has proven over and over that he cannot get his teams off to a fast start, nor can he manage the clock, nor can he coach 4 quarters on a consistent basis. I’m done w him. 100%. There comes a moment w every shitty coach of this franchise where I just can’t support them any longer. W Philbin it was when he gave GB a free time out on 4th and 10. W Gase it was the way he called the 4th Quarter and gave this game away. His execution (which is inevitable) cannot come fast enough for me. I hate this guy now as much as I hated Philbin at the end.

It was an entertaining game. And as disappointing as the result was, we gave the Colts everything they could handle for 4 quarters. We should have won this game.

I would have preferred to have gone down slinging it on that last series. We need positive yardage plays and we are throwing parallel to the line of scrimmage with the defense up tight, then the run on third and long was a loser mentality play call.

Tannehill played pretty well today considering how long he has been out......big improvement over Brock.

This defense is a mess. I don't agree with all the "blow it up" comments...we have good talent on the back end and a lot of injuries up front. We need help at LB and another pass rusher or two and of course, a better Defensive Coordinator and you have a good nucleus with these guys.
You do realize when people say they want to "blow it up", they are talking about the FO and the coaching staff and not the players.

That was a heart breaker even though I thought Miami was going to loose. I take no satisfaction in the loss. Miami reminds me of the commercial with the Van Dyke dude holding a dollar with a fishing rod and the person jumping for the dollar and Van Dyke saying "So Close"

Up 7, have the ball with 8 minutes left. You have to make sure Indy only sees the ball once. And what do we do? We run 6 plays on our 2 possessions including 2 incompletions, an injury that stopped the clock, an offensive penalty that stopped the clock and oh yeah, we punted with 25 seconds on the play clock and the game clock ticking.

On the first time when it was 3rd and 10 and we ran it with Drake, I thought that was a "pick up yards to get an easier 4th down to go for" .... nope just wanted to punt. and then near the end of the game again, I realize they were looking for blood there and the offense wasnt working quite as well as before but you absolutely have to go for the 1st down there.

Really sucked Luck escaped that sack because the game may have went much different. Who knows.

At least it was a good game. Tannehill looked pretty solid

Well, that was actually a pretty entertaining football game. If you can detach yourself from rooting for the Dolphins, that was a good football game.

- Xavien Howard's ridiculous two picks at the end of the first half really kept the team in the game, but the fumble by Mike Gesicki denied Miami a chance at momentum.

- Ryan Tannehill is clearly not 100%, but even still he was a big improvement over what the team got from Brock Osweiler the last couple of games.

- My number one complaint about Adam Gase today was the decision to punt in the first half on a 4th and short when Miami had the ball on the Colts' side of the field. I know fans love to yell "Go for it," but I really do think that coaches should go for it more often in that situation. On this particular matter, both analytics guys and emotional yahoos can agree: Go for it, coach!

- No, I take that back. My number one complaint about Adam Gase was the decision to call a screen pass on 2nd and 10 with the Colts coming hot and heavy late in a tie game. Not only are the Dolphins being called for OPI on that play with some frequency, but it hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire with Kenny Stills blocking in front. Enough, Coach. Please.

I honestly think Coach Gase would marry the thematic concept of the screen pass if it were possible for him to do so. I don't think that's legal here in the United States, but maybe Japan? France? Sealand?

- Much is made about the Kiko Alonso penalty on Andrew Luck that extended a touchdown drive. Here's how I see it: Alonso had committed to making a tackle on Luck, who is a big physical player who has made a habit of trucking unsuspecting defenders in the past. Luck waited until the last moment to slide and essentially baited that penalty.

Alonso tried to pull up, but obviously was not able to do so. While that may be a proper call these days, and Alonso may be a guy who plays borderline football sometimes, I don't think it's fair to rip on Alonso for essentially being put in an unwinnable situation there.

What does bother me about that play is that, at some point, defenders will accept the calculus that it is better to finish their tackles in these situations. They are going to be flagged regardless of how they finish it, so why not finish the play? It sucks, but it's the NFL that has put defensive players in these terrible situations with rule changes designed to protect quarterbacks and encourage fantasy football.

- Watching Colts receivers cry and beg for flags every after play was, quite frankly, ridiculous. Guys, just play football. You aren't the Patriots.

- With only three healthy wide receivers on the field, Devante Parker was still Mr. Irrelevant out there. I like Devante Parker and I'm not as down on him as just about everyone else here, but let's be honest: It's not happening.

- Season is over? Season is over. I think it's been over, but can we all admit that now?

Folks, I don't know what to tell you. The Dolphins just aren't any good. They aren't good defensively, they aren't good offensively, they're not healthy, and now it looks as if Adam Gase has simply thrown in the towel.
Didn't see the game, so appreciate your insight. Sounds like fans are really down on Adam Gase. Do you think his playcallling late cost Miami the victory? I expected the Dolphins to be conservative with Tannehill just coming back, the list of injured wide receivers etc. But would like your opinions on Gase, at least as far as this game went down.

Well on the bright side, after today's loss, Miami is now picking 13 in the draft. I suspect after next week and a lose to Buffalo, they'll move into the top 10-12 picks.

Well on the bright side, after today's loss, Miami is now picking 13 in the draft. I suspect after next week and a lose to Buffalo, they'll move into the top 10-12 picks.

If I know these Dolphins well enough.... They'll win that meaningless game.

Now rooting to lose out. I think a 5-6 win season is our only shot at getting this scumbag out of here.

Didn't see the game, so appreciate your insight. Sounds like fans are really down on Adam Gase. Do you think his playcallling late cost Miami the victory? I expected the Dolphins to be conservative with Tannehill just coming back, the list of injured wide receivers etc. But would like your opinions on Gase, at least as far as this game went down.

My opinion of Adam Gase is that he is coaching as if his continued employment as the head coach of the Miami Dolphins is completely independent of the team having success on the field. Which is utterly and completely bizarre to me. I can only assume that Adam Gase A) simply doesn't care if he is fired, or B) has assurances that he will not be fired. B

In either case, I must echo the sentiments of my esteemed colleague, Dr. Harry Bagpipe. I think he is actually pretty spot on with his assessment that Gase simply isn't letting his players go out there and play. It's as if he wants the offensive game to run on a schedule, and when the game gets off the schedule he's okay with punting the football and letting the defense run out there to get humiliated.

I could see losing out now. The way the team lost this game has to have them questioning the “system”.

If I know these Dolphins well enough.... They'll win that meaningless game.

Now rooting to lose out. I think a 5-6 win season is our only shot at getting this scumbag out of here.

So since you are rooting they lose out, please tell me you will quit complaining when they do lose...and let's go ahead and fire Gase and everyone else...hire some one else and in 3 years rinse and repeat....

So since you are rooting they lose out, please tell me you will quit complaining when they do lose...and let's go ahead and fire Gase and everyone else...hire some one else and in 3 years rinse and repeat....

I think the best option for losing out this season would be to keep Gase on and hope for close games. He seems to be good at putting L's in the W category.

Gase should be forced to walk home after that atrocity in the 4th quarter. I wanna break his ****ing doofy looking face right now.

Back
Top Bottom