2018 Preseason Week 1 - Game Thoughts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Preseason Week 1 - Game Thoughts

Burke looks like he is going to be a liability this year. I saw a lot of the same issues this team had last year, especially on Defense.

There is no gameplanning in the first game of the preseason, and they keep things as simple and stupid as possible. So I can't really evaluate the defensive playcalls.

I feel like you can get a good idea for the overall talent level of the football team, and see how individual players look in a specific context, but it's hard for me to draw conclusions about the coaching staff after tonight. And I say this as someone who is extremely skeptical of Matt Burke.

It's hard to judge the O on the 1st QTR alone since the 1st QTR is our weakest QTR. Maybe next game they can out the starters in the 3rd or 4th just to shake things up.

I really like the new Unis, might have to upgrade my son's Tannehill jersey depending how the season goes.

When its vanilla vs vanilla I think talent wins out so there are some slight concerns there since the Bucs aren't that talented but each of their QB's had a TD drive.

The only point I add is that the defensive scheme seemed too simplistic. it is concerning based on last year's performance. I do believe we are holding a lot of our personnel packages for the regular season. We simply invested too much on new coaches in order to improve and progress the defense. Matt Burke needs to show us in week 1 that he is adapting to the new NFL. If we run that base cover 2 trash in week 1 then we need to panic

It's preseason. there are rarely teams that are going to unveil their blitz packages and do crazy stuff on D. Preseason defense is very vanilla.

It's hard to judge the O on the 1st QTR alone since the 1st QTR is our weakest QTR. Maybe next game they can out the starters in the 3rd or 4th just to shake things up.

I really like the new Unis, might have to upgrade my son's Tannehill jersey depending how the season goes.

When its vanilla vs vanilla I think talent wins out so there are some slight concerns there since the Bucs aren't that talented but each of their QB's had a TD drive.

That shouldn't be an excuse. If a team knows they're weak in the first quarter they need to do something to ensure that doesn't become a trend.

But at the same time: preseason.

I thought this was like every other recent preseason where the D was dominant in camp and when we got to live action we stunk up the joint. Is that the failure of the D or is our O so bad that our D is impressive against them? You be the judge.

It's preseason. Therefor I won't judge. Preseason is all about evaluating the bottom of the roster and getting back into playing shape. The first time I'll worry is if this team goes out and lays an absolute egg in week 1 and gets blown out. That's when I'll worry

It's preseason. there are rarely teams that are going to unveil their blitz packages and do crazy stuff on D. Preseason defense is very vanilla.

I sure would like our vanilla D to stop their vanilla O. If our vanilla can't beat their vanilla, that's troubling to me. Beat the man in front of you.

It's preseason. Therefor I won't judge. Preseason is all about evaluating the bottom of the roster and getting back into playing shape. The first time I'll worry is if this team goes out and lays an absolute egg in week 1 and gets blown out. That's when I'll worry

Teams do gameplan for the third preseason game and actually attempt to play a close approximation of one real half of football. If we go out and stink up the joint then, that's when I will worry.

Gesicki should cure Miami's lack of early scoring problem. He is a lethal weapon that cannot be stopped. You have to deploy him and make the defense hurt.

Oh and someone get this man Baker a shield. He should be starting like NOW.

The problem is that we’ve been telling ourselves for years that it’s vanilla because it’s only preseason but then that **** continues in the regular season. The first drive of our offense was typical Dolphins and so telling: looks good in the beginning, penalty, missed field goal, 0 points. This is what separates us from the good teams.

We’re still a mediocre team with a mediocre coaching staff and with a few lucky bounces we’ll be 10-6 and with a few unlucky bounces we’re going to be 6-10.

Back
Top Bottom