2019 Qb Upgrade Ideas | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Qb Upgrade Ideas

Nobody worth a damn in 2019. Cut tanne and eat the cap hit next year. Sign whoever you need to to maximize draft position in 2020. Trade your 2019 picks for 2020 picks to have capital to move up. You might not get fair value, but take what you can.

I dunno.

A torn ACL because Calais Campbell crashes into your knee, and a sore shoulder because some Bengal fell on it or twisted it back as the only two significant injuries in a 7 year career doesn't exactly scream "injury risk" to me.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here at hot take central.

If the shoulder turns out to be chronic or more serious we aren't having this discussion, because we'd be looking for a new starter.

Yea, because Ryan was a scoreboard wizzer like whenever???

Get over it.

He's career was the definition of "QB in training," which is why you don't draft WRs imitating QBs.

Yea. Great kid. Really good athlete. Seemingly bright. But a perennial frustration as a PRO N F L QB.

He's done.

In fact he's over-baked as is.

Just as an example IMO -- say what you want about Fitz but the dude has lit up the scoreboard (at times) like Thill NEVER could!

I like Luke Falk at least as a high end back up and possibly as a starter. coming out of WSU he was being compared to Cousins. Good accuracy and was throwing receivers open. The Air Raid offence is concerning but look at what's happening in KC with Mahones.

Yea, because Ryan was a scoreboard wizzer like whenever???

Get over it.

He's career was the definition of "QB in training," which is why you don't draft WRs imitating QBs.

Yea. Great kid. Really good athlete. Seemingly bright. But a perennial frustration as a PRO N F L QB.

He's done.

In fact he's over-baked as is.

Just as an example IMO -- say what you want about Fitz but the dude has lit up the scoreboard (at times) like Thill NEVER could!
I enjoyed your reply except for the tired reference to Ryan playing WR in college.

It's common knowledge (and fact) that he was a high school quarterback who went to A&M as a quarterback. When he didn't get the starting job he was a good enough athlete to play wide receiver (well) instead of riding the pine waiting his turn.

He played for Big Spring (TX) High School. "As a junior, he passed for 2,510 yards and rushed for 922 at quarterback. He took his team to the playoffs as a senior, passing for 5,258 yards and rushing for another 617."

Once you spewed the false "WR imitating a QB" narrative, the rest of what you wrote lost all credibility either due to ignorance or bias.

I enjoyed your reply except for the tired reference to Ryan playing WR in college.

It's common knowledge (and fact) that he was a high school quarterback who went to A&M as a quarterback. When he didn't get the starting job he was a good enough athlete to play wide receiver (well) instead of riding the pine waiting his turn.

He played for Big Spring (TX) High School. "As a junior, he passed for 2,510 yards and rushed for 922 at quarterback. He took his team to the playoffs as a senior, passing for 5,258 yards and rushing for another 617."

Once you spewed the false "WR imitating a QB" narrative, the rest of what you wrote lost all credibility either due to ignorance or bias.
All I’m going to say is he was a better WR than a QB at TA&M.

Common "knowledge" to me is that Ryan (again, great kid) has been a QB in development from day 1 in My Yammie.

He still has NOT turned the corner.

He never (NEVER) will at this point.

My opinion. As a HIGHLY FRUSTRATED fan.

BNF.

Tough situation to be in. I think I'd stick with Tannehill for one more season, maybe bring in a better back-up and load up at areas of strength in the draft. Miami needs to upgrade the defensive ends in a big way and this draft has talent there. There's talent at defensive tackle, which the Dolphins could use. Build the defensive and offensive lines and draft a qb in 2020.
This is very logical

Let’s see how he does with more starts
Looks way better the Os and Tanny ever have. I don’t care about teams having to ‘game plan’ for him. It’s not like he is doing anything different than any other pocket QB. No need to spy the guy. Looks real good to me.

Not a bad option. Bridgewater was developing in Minnesota before he got hurt.

Ya let’s go get a guy whose career high for td passes is a whopping 14 and has never had a rating above 89!!! This isn’t even a lateral move, it’s a step down.

Before anybody looks at a QB wish list they have to consider that Tannehill (unless health prohibits that) will be back next year. The Dolphins will not cut Ryan just to save 13 Mill while still having a 13 Mill dead cap space one year after his contract restructure. The only way Ryan is gone if he retires because of medical reasons (he would not be the first QB who retires because of a shoulder injury) or someone will trade for him so we get something back and not just eat dead money.
I am no medical guy here so I have no clue what that capsule thing is but my guess would be that he will be healthy for next year and no team is willing to trade for him.

So we start with the fact that Ryan will be back.
Two options:
a) You count on Tannehill for the future and want to continue building around him then you simply get a god dam back up worth its designation. Even if you risk a QB controversy if Tannehill struggles but you have to have a backup who is capable to carry the torch if Tannehill goes down again. (Fitzpatrick?)

b) You are not sure about Tannehill in the future and want to add competition you go for a QB who could be a potential starter for a couple of years and you declare the starting job as open. Bridgewater will fill that role. And depending how that competition goes you make a decision in 2020 if we should draft a QB or not. Please bare in mind we will not be bad enough for a top 10 spot neither with Ryan nor with Teddy. So we will have to trade up. Whoever will be the winner of that QB competition and is healthy will be our starter in 2020 while grooming our future QB (see Smith/Mahomes in KC; Keenum/Goff for a little over half the season with the Rams).

c) You put Ryan on probation for next year. Show us what you got an entire season with no injuries or we part at the end. In that case you get a backup who is capable of playing and get yourself a QB in 2020 (still we won't be that bad to have an outright top 10 pick).

But if you like it or not: Ryan will be here next year.

To get a future QB in the draft you do not have to suck nor do we will suck. Regardless of the QB situation. For us to become a 2020 top 5 picking team we have to purge our roster in the offseason which will not happen. You do what the Chiefs and Rams did. You trade up.

It’s gonna be Tannehill next year unless this shoulder thing requires major surgery.

Book it.

2020 all bets are off.

I like bridgewater in free agency. And Will Grier in the draft, probably can get him in the second or third round. With our injuries I’d like to have 2-3 guys at QB that have potential

Back
Top Bottom