2019 Qb Upgrade Ideas | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Qb Upgrade Ideas

Everyone on the wait till 2020 to draft a QB bandwagon need to realize that the two marquise guys, Tua and Fromm, might not come out into the draft until 2021. 2020 is simply the earliest they can come out.

I think we should trade with Pittsburgh to get Mason Rudolph, but we would still need either a healthy RT or a vet to start next year until he is ready to go.

Not at his current salary. If he takes a pay cut he’ll find work but nobody is paying Tannehill 26 million next year.

I think Miami may ask for a cut depends on how these 6 games go. But I bet ya if he does it’s only to about 18 or 20 mil.

Tammehill is a sub .500 QB and has never played in a playoff game. We aren’t talking about a QB who has only been in the league for a few years. Tammy is what 30 yo, he has shown that he isn’t a real starter. He isn’t going to lead a team. I doubt that he could start for anyone other team if he was cut.

Which of the teams that he played on were playoff caliber teams that he held back?

Why isn't he considered better than all of the current starters with a worse winning % than him? You know there are a lot of them, right?

11-5 in his last 16 starts.

0-2 in his last 2 starts with 1 TD and 3 ints with a QBR around 50!

But of course you're going to incessantly defend Ryan (are you a relative) because

I assume you have invested so much effort in the past it would be too difficult to admit

you were fundamentally WRONG about the kid being a legit "franchise QB."

But ya know time marches on and the kids career trajectory hasn't exactly been "rising" the last 3 years...

But of course he still could end up way better than Marino!

You can always hold out hope right and continue to make unending excuses while flat our denying the OBVIOUS!

Have a nice day!

BNF.

He was playing with a busted shoulder vs the Patriots. Not that that excuses poor play in general, but overall he's played well for Gase. That's kind of the point people were making when talking about his recent starts.

He was playing with a busted shoulder vs the Patriots. Not that that excuses poor play in general, but overall he's played well for Gase. That's kind of the point people were making when talking about his recent starts.

Should be obvious........ Instead, let's rehash the last two games of 2013......

2019 Ryan will still be the starter.

like A'n'O said 2020 all bets are off. Give up the farm for one like the Rams, Eagles, Bears, Jets and Chiefs did. Go trade up.

Tannehill next year and we draft QB's in 2019 and 2020. I like Fitzpatrick as a backup, maybe Tyrod as well.

2019 Ryan will still be the starter.

like A'n'O said 2020 all bets are off. Give up the farm for one like the Rams, Eagles, Bears, Jets and Chiefs did. Go trade up.

The problem with giving up the farm is if you hit -- doesn't matter how much draft capital you spend, doesn't materially change the odds you'll get a QB for the next 15 years. Also, if that QB is playing behind the Swiss cheese we call our offensive line, we might be better off drafting a linebacker who can throw a football.

If I'm Ross, I'm cleaning house this off-season, paring down the roster considerably, starting David Fales, and crossing my fingers we are in line for Justin Hubert in 2020.

Move on from all of these guys assuming no major dead cap hit in 2020:
Wake
James
TJ
Tannehill
Osweiler
Parker
Ammendola
Kilgore

By the time 2020 comes, your roster would be purged and you would have significant cap space to put pieces around the next surefire elite QB in Hubert.

Simply, a healthy Ryan Tannehill is better in this offense than anyone that would be brought in during FA or the draft. Might as well ride with him and target 2020 draft.

I do believe Gase and the FO need to pay more attention to acquiring developmental QBs rather than keeping dead weight on the roster. Osweiler and Fales are dead weight. We know what they are as QBs and it's not going to get any better.

If I'm Ross, I'm cleaning house this off-season, paring down the roster considerably, starting David Fales, and crossing my fingers we are in line for Justin Hubert in 2020.

Move on from all of these guys assuming no major dead cap hit in 2020:
Wake
James
TJ
Tannehill
Osweiler
Parker
Ammendola
Kilgore

By the time 2020 comes, your roster would be purged and you would have significant cap space to put pieces around the next surefire elite QB in Hubert.

1. Your plan is to take action immediately and execute step 1 of your master plan and "cross your fingers" that you can execute step 2. If you can't get Hubert, I guess we'll just forfeit games for that year and next?
  2. Move on from all those guys? That's more than you can get via the draft (even without going all in for step 1 of your master plan), so who do you have identified to fill all those holes or is your plan more "finger crossing"?
  3. By 2020 after your roster purge, we would have a fair amount of dead cap, might not have been able to draft our guy, the guy we drafted might not be ready, our OLine which you ignored is 2 years older and even more Swiss cheesy than it is today, so it's likely we'll Tannehill that 2020 QB anyway
  4. And everyone just knows which players will be sure fire Elite because that's just so easy to spot
Even with the mess we can all observe today, I'm beyond grateful that you're not Ross

Hey Guys, long time fan since early 70's and diehard as well. After looking at some youtube videos and mock drafts, Daniel Jones from Duke looks the part as a QB that we could draft next year and groom. He's 6-5 has wheels and can make all the throws, kind of looks like Luck in those Duke uniforms. He's a faster version of Luck. CBS Sportsline has him mocked to us in the first. I watched a video of him vs North Carolina and he had 2 TD runs that were impressive, he has good pocket presence and can move when he has to. I would have no problem if we drafted him next year. I am also looking to 2020 draft as well until we finally find our guy !! Get the o-line solidified with some good guard play and maybe a solid vet D-Linemen and lets go.

I think Grier can do well in the NFL granted he isn't thrown into the fire in 2019.
That and of course if he is completely free of any PED substances now.

The problem with giving up the farm is if you hit -- doesn't matter how much draft capital you spend, doesn't materially change the odds you'll get a QB for the next 15 years. Also, if that QB is playing behind the Swiss cheese we call our offensive line, we might be better off drafting a linebacker who can throw a football.

But if you miss it DOES matter

Back
Top Bottom